10 replies to this topic

#1 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:07 PM

Hey everyone. I figured now is as good a time as any to make an update and let you know what's going on.

So, as you may or may not know. The going has been slow (if not dead) for most of the summer due to many factors (the loss of most of the staff, an increase in workload at most of our real life jobs, social gatherings, etc.). This is sad and a real let-down (for myself as well as you guys) as I had hoped to have the game out this Summer. I'm not going to make excuses and I certainly hope that the community will be a little mature and accept that everything doesn't always go as planned. That said, we are not quitting or stopping or ANYTHING like that so please, please don't spam myself or the forums about this. On the contrary, we are actually planning to get a demo version ready for the community to play through a bit of the world with a few basic quests. And for all those RP'rs out there, we are also having discussions about a secondary server that will be solely RP. The demo will not be ready very soon as there is a lot to get set up and I am starting school so I need to get organized before I can work on it but there will be one as soon as I can get it done.

Well, I guess that's it so stay fit and have fun! :P
~Drack

#2 Moose

Moose

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:31 AM

heh thx for the update. i didnt really care if it took longer than expected. aslong as we get regular updates to get our hopes up now and again.
keep up the good work drak :)
Posted Image

#3 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:59 AM

Dracky can do no wrong. Dracky can do no wrong.

De-mo! De-mo. De-mo. De-mo.

...On review of my post I have decided that I would be the prime candidate for CEO of Fondusis.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Ballmer)

[/nonserious]

Um, so, like, I'm ok with waiting. Mind if I use the demo as reference material if I ever get around to scaring up some developers at The Big U?

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#4 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Interests:KITTY!

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:49 AM

yeah i got school too. ugh well i wont be on much anymore. cause of school.
...Tehe.

#5 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:21 AM

Depends what you mean by "use". :P

Thanks for your support guys. ^_^

#6 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:23 AM

I'll send you some of my work so far. Just taking a look at stuff like menu design, character design, music, battle style, battle menus, map design, quest formats, general user-friendliness, high points of design, low points of design, overall enjoyability, and most importantly when looking at a roleplaying game: does the game start wit hthe main character waking up in bed. Think about it, all the greatest rpgs start off that way.

#7 Moose

Moose

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:38 AM

ah yes but ive played a few games like that that r crap. and plus u dont want 500 people waking up in the same bed and wondering if anything happened before they fell asleep do you?

and ah suckers school! hah my end of term holidays start in 2 1/2 weeks :D but sadly they only go for 2 weeks (-_-) and then i guess its back to school for me again.
Posted Image

#8 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:33 AM

Hey cool! Guess what! It says in a fourtion cookie that on the 3rd day of 6th grade I will fall deeply and maddyly in love. :lol:
...Tehe.

#9 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:47 AM

ARRRG!

Hey Rick, look at my post count! I would really like to rub it in, but you haven't noticed. So I've had to make a big point out of it and well, it really wasn't worth it.

*sigh*

Ok dracky, you can change it back now...

Um... Generic comment about Updates and Ideas.
>.>

#10 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:31 AM

So it was just editted? Do me Do me! hmmm say 1000000000000000000 posts is good. :biggrin: Well good work drack. Going back to school is a good and bad thing. Good because thats where you meet most of your girlfrineds haha! Bad because its boooooorrrrring. <_<
...Tehe.

#11 Faselei

Faselei

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:57 AM

Yay! News!

Good lucky Drakir... see? you still have, like, 6 fans!

If you need anything, just shout.

Don't post here ever again.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users