20 replies to this topic

#1 Nalyid

Nalyid

Padawan Mapper

• Game Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:33 AM

right...so I want to get an actual topic going in this place...What is the rooms thoughts on the "Next Gen" consoles...Right now seeing as the ps/3 and nintendo revolution lack info I am really just asking aboot the Xbox 360 *Dun Dun Duuuun*...Personally I think the system itself will be a decent platform for game producers to work with...but i figure that the quality and depth of game to come out will really be no differnt then the crap coming out right now....just more levels filled with more guys...and less story thought and effort....the only games I am looking forward to right now is perfect dark...a masterful Peice of great game Arse from the good ol' days of the N-64, but now I frear it wll be whored out to promote an over priced over rated multiplayer system....another game I am looking forward to but have no doubts in its sweet sweet theiving dark dungeon death is morrowind Oblivian...only thing is that it will also be coming out for the pc so there is no real reason to even consider buying the Xbox POS, except that the ps/3 is taking its sweet japanese time getting across the pond...*huf huf huf* yep thats my thoughts...I am soo looking forward to what the future of gaming has to offer...as long as it does not suck as bad as gaming does right now.... OH! oh! and i cant leave without saying that the next Gran Turismo is going to take over the world and make it all twin turbo TO THE MAAAAAAAX.... :lol:

#2 Nalyid

Nalyid

Padawan Mapper

• Game Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:42 AM

what the hell...screw you guys... who wants to talk about shiny high
ly comercialized game tech anyway... <_<

#3 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:55 AM

Are you gonna go cry now? :P

Anyways, I finally just went and took a look at PDZ screens and all I can say is WHAT THE FUCK?! WHAT HAPPENED TO JOANNA DARK!? She's some crappy ass punk rocker (with a gun) now. *sighs* I hate Microsoft. I hope the company dies and takes wal-mart with them. Damn them. Damn Microsoft!!!! AHHHHHHH I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!....The rest if the game looks good. What did I expect to see from something made by a company run nerdy-stupid-ass bill gates? It's not about the game... it's about "appealing to our target audience". Fuck Microshit.

#4 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:12 AM

Yeah. That's how it goes. Games these days are just getting stupider and less intelligent. So we'll get to the point where everyone plays the game that everyone else plays, just because all the games are the same, and they'll all have thousands and thousands of different variations of texture and color and taste and all that. But for some oh-so-slightly-more-purdyful-graphics they sacrifice gameplay and plot and just pour out the same old crap.

With the exception of Nintendo, of course.
As usual, they've done something entirely new and innovative. The controller system is just crazy and out there, but possibly just what the gaming industry needs to kick back into intelligent gear.

I mean, the controller design. That's just magical.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#5 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:44 PM

On the other hand it could royally suck. We'll have to wait and see. Personally, I'm not impressed by any of the controllers. Nintendo has a good idea but I just don't know how it's gonna work out.

#6 AznChipmunk

AznChipmunk

Nub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:[url=http://images.quizilla.com/J/Jizzer/1107125111_quizlumpia.JPG][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Asian.png[/img][/url]

Posted 19 November 2005 - 05:36 PM

I happen to support PS3, as one of my friends is one of its designers.

But the controller looks like a boomerang.

#7 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:22 AM

Yeah I'm all for PS3 too. But I really dislike the controller. I will prolly get the 360 just for games like PD:Z and Morrowind.

#8 Nalyid

Nalyid

Padawan Mapper

• Game Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:41 PM

well soo many people are making noise about the controller, sony really has not shown much, so there may still be a chance of a controller change. I also think it still looks to much like the ps2...I want to see some real time gameplay!,I want to know if killzone 2 will look like the e3 demo :o...as for nintendo I think they have a chance of staying alive if they would put more stuff out then just resadent evil and mario party 50, mario golf, and mario breast implants....and so on and so on. Nintendo used to have soo many good originale titles but now it seems sony has taken its place.

#9 Nalyid

Nalyid

Padawan Mapper

• Game Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:46 PM

Joanna better still be british...if they make her some amrican specal forces temptriss I am going to eat the 360 rip off bill's head and shit plastic shards down his throat...

#10 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:20 PM

Amen.

#11 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:54 PM

Actually... From what I've heard of it, Joanna is some punk wannabe, spiky hair and everything. Open wide, Bill.

And Nintendo has new stuff all the time. Check out such games as Custom Robo..... it's only second in the series... (it's the first that made it to North America)... ok, so bad example. Yeah, Mario Party is getting really stale... Pokemon was new and fresh, except that now it's just regurgitated trash... Uh... Come on, Nintendo! Help me in your defense!
Hah! Nintendogs! Sure, it's just a virtual pet game, but it is to pet game as Halo is to first person shooter.

Uh... well... Ok. I'm losing faith. Nintendo? Why have I been following so blindly? Is it because you are cheaply affordable? Because I'm really starting to question my decisions.

Nah. You know what? Mario Sunshine is an incredible game, and it is entirely different to every previous game in the series. As for the Zelda series, they are only getting better. Sure, hours of sailing on the wide open sea isn't entertaining 100% of the time, but it was still a unique and innovative experience. Minish Cap gave me everything I wanted in a handheld Zelda, and I'd buy it again if I ever lost my copy. And again and again.

So overall I still stick with Nintendo, and I know the kinds of games that would fit this new controller system will be legendary. They'd have to be. They must be.
*begins to weep*

#12 Nalyid

Nalyid

Padawan Mapper

• Game Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:35 AM

;) its ok gord....*consols the hurting fan boy* there is no way nintendo can mess up the revolution they are going to have almost all the past nintendo games for ... Free? download...so if even all the new games they put out except met prime and zelda suck then there is still a past universe of classic uforia... i am looking forward to see what nintendo has...i dont want them to turn into another SEGA...*begins to tear*..hmm what is microsoft buys out nintendo?

#13 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:38 PM

Hah! Nintendogs! Sure, it's just a virtual pet game, but it is to pet game as Halo is to first person shooter.

So, it's a monopolistic piece of sh*t game that shouldn't be played unless its for multiplayer and even then isn't all that different from other games out there?

And Nal, I'm pretty sure you have to pay to download the old nintendo games.

#14 Nalyid

Nalyid

Padawan Mapper

• Game Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:20 PM

theese ees bull sheeeet!!! :angry:...you know what i like about the DS but i am not sure how it works is the free hotspot gaming with animal crossing and mario kart and a few other games..

#15 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 10:00 AM

Hey now, you have to admit, Halo is damn good. Bungie made a bad choice there, choosing so very many wads of money in order for the game to be distributed by Microsoft, but... Halo is just good.

As for hotspotting, sure, the access to millions of other players is free, that promotes the product. But I'm sure that if you're actively downloading software direct from Nintendo, they'll be charging your accout. That said, there will be workarounds, for example a Limewire client or the like. Other people leave their discs in their systems, "accidentally" leave the system on and connected to the internet, and with the client installed, and bam, you have yourself any game you want.

As for Micro$oft buying Nintendo, Bill mentioned once that he might be interested. He got burned by the president of Nintendo. Basically, Nintendo said "No. Not ever." And Nintendo is old money. They made hand-painted cards since the 1600s.
Along the same lines but not, it is possible to install Linux on your gamecube. Aww yeah.

#16 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:32 PM

Hey now, you have to admit, Halo is damn good. Bungie made a bad choice there, choosing so very many wads of money in order for the game to be distributed by Microsoft, but... Halo is just good.

Halo multiplayer is alright. It isn't really anything special (that I have seen.) I'm sure with like 16 people it would be good but I'd rather play counter strike (or in a different genre D2). Halo's single player is the worst shit I've ever seen though. And so fu*cking monopolistic! If you want to actually beat Halo 2 you have to buya fu*cking 360 and the game itself. What's the point for Halo 2 at all. It's worthless. But then again, it isn't like gameplay is considered these days. It's all about the shiny graphics and pretty pictures. I mean after all, who cares what the game is about when the system itself looks like it may launch into space in a few minutes?

#17 Trebor

Trebor

Nub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:00 AM

ok time for me to get in on this... xbox 360 played it... graphics arent really that much different from current gen... a tad more detail and beautiful lighting effects... but not all that different... pretty looking none the less... although it has one of the nicest feeling controllers ever. ps3 fucking amazing graphics! have you seen the sceens for mgs4?! i just about shit my self... one of the shitiest looking controllers looks likea cross between a dildo and a boomerang... rumors on it not comeing out till fall 06 (in north america at least)... and will probably be really expensive. the revolution... allow me to start off with... METROID PRIME 3 and... SUPER SMASH BROS. ONLINE... the only 2 reasons i need to get it... controller is interesting... i personally am fasinated by it and all the unique and interesting game play possiblilities (first person shooters are gonna be the shit on the revolution *cough* metroid prime 3 *cough*) but i dont think it will fly cus people are scared of change and and the "cool kids" with their xbox360's and ps3's will say that its stupid and people likeing to herd will go along with that and real game play gems will never be fully explored... *sigh* shame there arent any screens (damn nintendo and their secretcy *shakes fist*) although ive heard it will be more powerful than the xbox360 but less powerful than the ps3 (nothing can come close to the power of the ps3). im definately getting the revolution, more than likely the 360 in like a years time and maybe just maybe the ps3 if im a multi-millionaire. as for handhelds... DS! WOOT! METROID PRIME HUNTERS ONLINE FRAG FESTS and MARIO KART ONLINE (best mario kart to date). game play can be interesting but developers arent really taking full advantage of the touch screen yet in my opinion. i want to see a fully fledged rts on the ds with complete touch control and online multiplayer. the psp ive have played very pretty graphics, sexy looking console... feels like its gonna shatter if you flick it... pretty much the exact same games as the ps2 (with a few exceptions)... and from what it looks like there are more damn movies than games for the thing... if there are more movies than games iuno how it can be called a video game comsole. anyways thoughs are my current thoughts and feelings on video game stuff.

wow... thats long.... sorry bout that but i had to vent my nerdiness somewhere/how... melissa isnt exactly in to lengthy talks on video games...

P.S. - i think i may be a nintendo fanboy... sorry about the bias...

#18 Pocahontas

Pocahontas

Nub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:23 PM

holy fuck. i wish you put that much effort into talking to me. and damn straight i don't want to hear about that. i mean honestly, how far are you going to get in life by spending every waking moment talking, thinking and even eating video games? yeah thats right i said eating!

#19 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:26 AM

Lol bob. A few things. I've heard them say that the best shows of the 360's graphics as far as in game goes will not be until up to a year from now. I'm proud to announce that there are a tonne of problems with the 360 and a lot are being sent back. Yay fu*ck microcrap. Also have you seen screens of Morrowind Oblivion...I mean...if there's one thing I'll buy the 360 for, it'll be that. I think the reason people don't like he revolution's controller is its squarish, blocky NES style design. Also, does it have feedback or like...a rumble pack! lol Good old N64. How I loved thee! As for the PSP they are putting the VIDEO in video games.

Oh and yeah, you are a MAJOR nintendo fanboy. Don't worry I accept you. :P

And melissa, video games contain lots of carbs, protein and...uh circuitry! Geeze. They are good for you. I swear!!!

#20 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:23 PM

Well, ok. You know what I realize? Maybe it is best for Nintendo to be not nearly as mainstream as the others. After all, Xbox and Playstation have pretty much the same games. Every time a movie comes out, every contemporary system needs to have it. Well, forget it. If Nintendo can act on its own, each creative team being as innovative and real and true as they can be, then even if they lose most of their fans, the games will be damn good. You don't get Pokemon from industrial mindless competitions of better-than-the-other-guy game designers. You don't get Final Fantasy or Custom Robo. Think of it: Without the pressure, they would be free to make the game that they know they would like, and not some game that everyone will buy.

Which sort of leads into the whole free software issue. I am an avid (although not entirely educated) user of Linux, and I won't touch W*ndows. As a matter of fact, I petition that Drackir and Co. take a look at SDL. I know you saw it, Big D, and I have Clong on my computer as a result. It's good, strong, elegant, but mainly cross-platform and friendly. Oh, and free.

For the rest of you, in short: Simple DirectMedia Layer is a cross-platform multimedia library designed to provide low level access to audio, keyboard, mouse, joystick, 3D hardware via OpenGL, and 2D video framebuffer.

Back to the gamning industry talk, if designers can be free to make real games without stupid mass media frenzy pressure, life would be more than just who has the best marketing ploys. Nintendo is probably trying to win some freedom with this crazy insane remote - also remember the reason behind the design. It's something that just anyone can pick up and play. Simple, yet ultimately effective. Neither Xbox nor Sony could ever top that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users