#41 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:12 PM

Alright, heres the link to the celluar chance of a simple cell developing in the universe by chaos alone. It is from a respectible site; Its known for its philosphical content and is allowd at the post-university level. (just so you know I didn't whip it outta my ass.)

CHANCE OF A SIMPLE CELL DEVELOPMENT

Also, you should be aware, the number of planets... all the planets in the universe equals 10^64 to 50. (from my own research however, you'll have to double check it to conferm it for yourself. I actually looked it up to debunk his statement.) With Mullans odds, this implies that the simple chance of a cell developing in the universe if all planets are included are about 10^10 to 24. Thus the odds of even a cell developing in the most simple way, were talking no mitocondrea, no golgi, and pretty much only a RNA strand/cell wall/somesort of energy conversion methode. This cell would most likely not be able to divide, or survive in any opressive situation. And even the chance of this cell developing is insainly low. Surving, NO A CHANCE.

Basically, then this cell spawning into a generation of cells is impossible. Even if we put a bucket of em on every planit in the universe. ITs chances of evolution are non existant.

PLUS, the theory of evolution requires that numorous copies die before an improved one imerges. This means that even if the one of the cells evolved on one of the planits. It has very little chance of evolving into more complexed of an orgisim again. Much less of it surviving on its own.

I guess what i'm saying is that god has to exist for life to exist.

ALSO

Your wrong, god does not need to be omni in any way to exist. in other words, the only term we can use to qualify him are; He is greater then all man. In other words, that also implies that if god is greater then man currently, and man is growning. That one day man will understand god because we can understand he is greater then us currently...

In other words

the only things we know for certian are: God is greater then the current man; God is understandilbe to humans; and last but not least, god has to be quantitive.

#42 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:33 AM

I'm not going to bother to argue, as I was merely playing the devil's advocate there. As said before, I am agnostic - I believe that, as you think, it is severely unlikely that our world developed without a guiding hand.

However, I acknowledge that chance is just that - chance. Say you're playing an MMORPG - There is a .02% drop rate of a particular item. By that, theoretical probability would state that you would have to kill 5000 of said monster to get that item. However, there comes a guy and, by some outrageous luck, he gets the item with the first kill. Such things are rare, but they do happen.

It's severely unlikely, but entirely possible, for life to form on its own. And besides, who's to say that life wasn't present from the start? If M Theory is true, then there is a distinct possibility that fragments of the other 'molecules' that collided to create our universe were thrown into the fray of the big bang. Thus, life would have been present from the beginning, originating from a universe with entirely different physics than our own, and thus entirely different chances of life.

I'm of the firm belief that something cannot possibly come from nothing within our universe. However, who's to say that life originated within our universe at all?

#43 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:13 AM

Well Thats a debate for theologans not amatur philosphers like outselves. :D

#44 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:21 AM

why? are we not allowed to try and flex our mental muscle? is there some thing that restricts us from discussing the metaphysical issues?
Ummm...Yay?

#45 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:28 AM

Well mostly because we have just exceeded my point of knowledge in philosophy. If we want to go into the fine details of god, I'm not sure I could be of much use or make a strong argument either way. ;)

#46 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:14 PM

You know what gusy, I was completley wrong. Iknow nothign about philosophy or anythign to do with it. I apolgize

#47 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:05 AM

What's that? You're giving up? But Megell, the impression you like to give everyone is that you know everything.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#48 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

I do know everything! But sadly I'm borderline nieve.. I should really change my password! :P

#49 Keisad

Keisad

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:48 PM

haha

hahaha

ha.

Oh, Megell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic