• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:34 PM

After the relatively restful night, Aeric was awoken by a guard opening his jail cell. Thus a new day begins, he thought to himself as he approached the large chamber and was placed with his group from the night before. And to his surprise the two "rivals" were having tea together. But being who he was he simple stood passively arms hanging at his side, clearing his mind of all thoughts.
Ummm...Yay?

#22 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Ninja, anime and pie, in that order.<br><br>ask casey for more.

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

Noting that the last member of my promised teamates had arrived I downed the last of my strange tea, nodded to alexis and set about gathering the other two warriors to me.

Walking first to the obviously armed gentleman I say " we should gather and devise some, strategy. It wouldn't be wise to start anything without knowing what we an do, if you wouldn't mind joining us?"

I gesture to the teaset and without waiting for a response i give a halfbow and move towards the monk and gve him the same choice.

Posted Image

#23 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:05 PM

"I will gladly join you." Aeric said. He then walked over to the impromptu tea circle and joined the samurai and holy man and sat quietly, he would not be the fisrt to speak however, because he was asked to join them and waited calmly for someone to begin planning.
Ummm...Yay?

#24 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:28 PM

((I see. Well, as I said Megell, it's not really a problem. Carry on as you wish. ^_^

Anyway, I used the dice system to determine our battle with preset guardians that I have planned the moves and appearances of. We were unlucky enough to recieve fire. Please take note that I planned each guardian to almost nullify one character's usefulness. Unfortunately, fire nullifies two, unless Megell thinks the way I want him to think.))

Mohan's home was one of the largest sources of tea on the planet. He was tired of tea. For too many years he had had a cup of tea with every meal, and had little desire to fill his mouth with the taste again. Perhaps it was because he had hated his childhood of peasantry so much, and had even harvested it himself during long and painful hours of work, but he hated tea.

"I'll have to decline the offer for tea," Mohan said politely. "But I'll sit down anyway." Joining the group, he looked at the other warriors. So many, and they all had an aura of death and power amongst them. There was one in particular that caught his attention - A turban wearing man with a pike that had clearly shed much blood. He somehow seemed familiar... But, unable to recall where he may have seen the man, Mohan put it behind him. Besides, a much more interesting group had just shown their face...

As the six appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, in the center of the room, all eyes turned to them. They prepared to speak.

"The time has come for you to begin your escape. We have selected the guardians that you will face ourselves. We will come to each of your groups to tell you which you have been chosen to vanquish. Please plan accordingly," he said. As soon as he did, he vanished.

Merely moments afterwards, Mohan felt the familiar cold sensation of the darkness. It didn't take long for four pillars of an energy that seemed to swallow the light, life, and hope around it to raise from the ground, giving an apocalyptic feeling and an overwhelming desire to die to escape from the torment it inflicted upon their very souls, to appear next to each group... More motivation, it seemed, to escape this place...

They dispersed as suddenly as they formed, and thankfully so did the feeling. Each one left a small note written on ripped parchment. Mohan read it aloud -

"Flame, the embodiment of power, consuming all it touches in its hellish fire. Its power is unmatched, and its speed flickering faster than the eye can follow... Only the strongest defense can conquer."

#25 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:48 PM

"hmm, Defense? that seems to be my calling. shelter behind me and strike at the openings."

With that I Hoist my Naginata in a defensive position, ready for whatever charged.

"speed and power are no match for my form shattering defense! Come! crash against my spear!"

Posted Image

#26 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:32 PM

Alexis poured himself the first glass of the minty tea, took a sip of it too approve the taste, let it wander in his sensations, then he came back to reality and his last thoughts. He hadn?t paid to much attention towards what the old busy bodies had told him to do, he really wasn?t interested to put it firmly. But another riddle that was on the parchment bewildered him how does an ultimate defence beat fire?

He took note at how Nomi had taken up his up some sort of defence stance with his sword. Probably some ingenious fighting method, but still it might prove useless if they were fighting a beast made of fire? because if he remembered rightly didn?t high temperature flames melt metal and burn flesh?

? I reckon we might have a tad of a problem on out hear hand fokes?, Alexis said while sipping his tea, ?Don?t this fire beast mean we can?t attack it up close?? A frown played onto his lips, he wondered, how could defence beat fire?

#27 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:56 PM

"Well, it serves us no good to be caught unawares... Best to be prepared for anything. Thing back to the study of matter, all material is made of the four elements, and bound by the fifth. Fire represents attack, and is weak against water.

Now, I am certain that we do not have a large enough supply of water, so we might as well resort to the second technique. Earth does not burn, and as earth represents defense I think we have what we're looking for.

Whatever is approaching will wash against my spears, broken by my resolve, and, with a little help from the kami..."

With that I grasp my mask and strap it onto my face, the familiar scent of the wood welcoming me, like the embrace of a long lost lover, the voices of the ancients reverberate through my ears.

"We should be able to turn the tide."

I then notice the slightly shocked look of my team

"What? is it so strange that the samurai are devoted not only to the sword, but the arts as well? whatever, I know which will serve me best, I leave it to you to organize the information, I will await the attack, but my patience wears thin..."

Posted Image

#28 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:24 AM

Mohan successfully ignored the flashy "Arts" of the Asian. Truthfully, he didn't care if he were summoning giant earth creatures at the moment. The fact of the matter remained that he had no means of attacking. His katars exposed his hands, and he wasn't exceptionally skilled with the use of actual rocks. Sand he could move flawlessly and without effort. Rock, on the other hand, was too heavy to move and too solid to break apart without bashing the ground for extended periods of time. He doubted that there would be sand, and doubted even more that he'd have time to break apart rocks. Besides, they'd be far too hot to use as a defense for his hands and arms.

"Yes, yes, do what you wish. But how are the monk and I supposed to attack?" Mohan asked in a thoughtful and concerned tone, without lifting his eyes from the regal scarlet and gold carpet.

#29 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:29 AM

I am not sure, it really just depends on what we are actually facing..If it merely a physical representative, or the element itself I do not know. Hope for the best, plan for the worst I suppose. Surely you have some Gwielo techniques? or maybe a direct line to your heathen gods? "
Posted Image

#30 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:54 PM

"we many not be able to harm it directly. however i think we can provide plently of distraction for our friends here to take care of it." the monk said
Ummm...Yay?

#31 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:01 PM

(( what's the holdup bub?))
"provided we actually know what it is... This suspense is killing me!"

I then realizing that nothing was actually happening. no one had reacted as I had, many still simply stood around, talking.

"man, this sucks, I thought we had some business to take care of. Why must I wait!

Posted Image

#32 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:16 PM

((No hold up. I just want everyone to be clear of the challenge presented by this place. Referring to it as an arena would conflict with my plans.))

Sevral minutes passed where the group could come up with nothing immediately productive. There was no clock in the room, but they could still feel the time slipping quickly away as they could see no strategy with any guarantee. Racing through bad idea after bad idea that came through their minds, the time they were given suddenly vanished.

"Step into the circle. You shall be transported to your destination," said one of the six men.

Circle? Mohan had seen no circle... Sure enough though, looking to the left of where the group was sitting, there was a ritualistic circle consisting of vast amounts of magical markings, forming a geometrical pentagon within the circle. It hovered in the air, touching nothing. Some form of teleportation device?

Mohan's assumption was correct. As soon as all four of them stood within the shape, a screech accompanied only by a blinding golden light flared. The sensation was a horrid one, as if they were being stretched and compacted from all sides. Feeling a hint of motion sickness, the Indian man couldn't wait for the thrill ride to end. But as soon as it did, he would give anything to be taken back...

The heat was overwhelming, with steam so abundant and thick that they couldn't clearly see but two feet in front of them. The black rock seemed to rock back and forth, and a faint bubbling noise could be heard... A volcano? Had they been transported to a volcano...?

No sooner had this thought occurred to Mohan than a raging pillar of magma had burst to the sky from what he could only assume was the center. Brighter than even the sun, the multi-winged bird let out a shrill, yet somehow beautiful, cry to the heavens. As the flames gushed upward around them, they knew that there was little chance for victory against this beast...

With a flap of its wings, embers rose from every stone they could see, all rushing in a strong wind towards them. It took it's perch on a rock in the center of the magma field, eying them and awaiting their first move. It's beak was sharper than any sword, and it's eyes pierced them with the power it possessed. How could they concur such a powerful enemy in these conditions...?

#33 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

"Finally! Wait, we are supposed to fight a bird? hardly worthy of my time. Tell me creature, by what name do you go by? it is proper that we know our challenge"

With that I stride confidently forward, weapon at the ready. ready for the battle I had missed for so long.

'I certainly would like to have Masaru, his speed and my bow would be useful against a songbird.'

Posted Image

#34 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:10 PM

"great, just great" aeric thought to himself, upon seeing his surroudings. He immediately scanned the current area for anything he could use as projectiles. Some rocks were scattered about, but they were probably to hot to hold long enough to aim perfectly."They'll have to suffice" He waited however as was in his nature, Aeric, always reacting but never acting without cause.

"Be prepared to split up," the monk wispered to his companions, while ever so subtly shifting his weight to his right leg.
Ummm...Yay?

#35 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:41 AM

Alexis wasted no time at all, he immediately raised his hand to his chest and focused a local box barrier around the group, he kept it thin and glass like so the creature may not notice it and set its quality to let his group members pass out freely and enter freely. At the same time his created another barrier around the area that was directly under the bird like beast and shot it up rapidly. He struck the thing hard in the chest.

#36 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:42 PM

((Sorry it took me awhile guys. I'm working on a literary piece of my own, and I've been spending most of my free time on that.))

The fiery bird let out a deafening screech as the barrier hit its chest. Rising up into the air once more, accompanied by a blinding spiral of flames, it spread its four large wings and shone a mighty gold, letting out flames from all directions that, if not for the barrier, may have been hot enough to incinerate each of them.As the fire washed over every rock of the volcano, Mohan looked to the ash-covered sky seeking some aid from the deities he'd long since abandoned.

"Shiva... let your power guide my blades, and I vow to serve you eternally..." He silently prayed, though he knew that it was in vain. The gods served no man, especially not an outcast such as himself. Their foe seemed invincible though, and perhaps it truly was hopeless without the aid of a deity.

The Indian man began pounding his katars into the rock they were standing on, turning the large mass into something he could move. "This will be my shield. You," he said, looking to Alexis as he continued to produce more rubble, "Focus on the others. I'm going to try and get to the top of the volcano. We stand no chance surrounded by magma. A single gust from his wings would be our demise if not properly balanced. If we can get out, though, we may stand a chance."

Moving the small rocks to form a rather makeshift shield in front of him, that would unfortunately have to be used as stepping stones as well, he left their current protection as soon as the onslaught of flames stopped and the phoenix began to hover in the air, just waiting for one of them to leave. Sure enough, Mohan's shield was used immediately to fend off a rush of flames from the beak of the bird.... Would his plan really work?

#37 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

as predicted, everyone of my squadmates went thier own ways; each using thier own tactics. This did not bother me, we all have our places in the battles afterall, it was the feeling of uselessness, i was not equipped to battle such a creature without my horse. pulling off my mask I turn back to my companions that remained.

"Barriermage! watch where it turns and put up walls to contain it! it is too large to fly freely! can you do that? we need to deter it until we are ready!"

"sandwarrior! the air! it contains fine sand, can you use that?"

Posted Image

#38 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:44 PM

"It will take far too much to make much of a difference! His eyes are likely equipped to handle the depths of a volcano, so I doubt I could blind him, and I can't compress it enough. We'll have to make due," Mohan began as he narrowly avoided a brutal peck. He attempted to make a slash at the neck of the beast with his katar, but with merely a flap of its wings, he was floored, and his rocks blown away.

The bird prepared for another wave of flames from its beak, and as it seemed, Mohan was entirely defenseless. Rolling quickly to his feet and jumping as the spout of flames clashed against the rock, he was able to narrowly avoid the blast. However, this left him entirely defenseless in the air... a quick snap of the beak left Mohan in a horrible position - Both feet holding against the bottom jaw, with his katars keeping the top seperate from the bottom. The bird flipped its neck, throwing the indian into the air once more ... Preparing for another flame attack, the Indian's life rested in the hands of one of his companions. The particles were too far spread to make a quick barrier. He was defenseless.

(AP used - 110/500. The next flame attack will take another 10, which I leave to be used in whoever decides to save Mohan)

#39 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

With the bird prone for an attack, all its focus on the sikh I take matters into my own hands. in short time I had refastened the mask and was rushing the bird, spear at the ready.

"Act mage!

With that I thrust my naginata at the creature's throat, aiming for where an artery would be.

' i hope this will help.'

Posted Image

#40 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:41 PM

The bird sensed the incoming spear, the unexpected savior of Mohan. Flicking its neck back and turning his head to face the thrower of the spear that narrowly missed left him to fall freely into the...

How unlucky could he get? Nothing stood beneath him but the bubbling molten rock of the volcano. Acting as quickly as he could, he released the sash from his waste and slid one end through one of the many gaps in a katar. Giving him a bit of extra range, he threw it mightily into the side of the rock bowl and swung to the safest place available from the doom the magma below spelled for him...

'Now, if they can keep it distracted, I can climb to the top and get out of here," Mohan thought. This either guaranteed his death or would greatly aid their struggle. After all, half the battle they faced was with the particles in the air blinding them and the magma below threatening them every second. If they could get out of the volcano, they would be far more safe and free to attack...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users