• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:34 PM

[sarcasm] wimp? yes...wimp...that's what i am...boo hoo hoo [/sarcasm]

but anyways that wind elemental would have been fun
Ummm...Yay?

#22 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Ninja, anime and pie, in that order.<br><br>ask casey for more.

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

I am certain that we will see him/it in the future though.

how many elements/gates will we be seeing?

I mean, the standard is four elements. but some say five is realistic, while even more say that six is proper, what is the concensus on this?

I always felt that he four, plus the void that binds them together is proper.
Posted Image

#23 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:56 PM

Man, my magic system is really starting to take a huge inffluence here.

Anyways, I was woundering the same thing, would we get to fight the avatars of light and darkness as well, or is it the elimentals only?

#24 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:00 PM

so megell, you follow the six then?
Posted Image

#25 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:03 PM

Yep; earth, water/ice, fire, wind, shadow, and light. Been using them for years.

#26 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

in my opinion, if lightness or darkness could be embodied then they would be far too powerful to ever challenge. however a light being would not be driven to destroy wanders, whereas the being of darkness would seek to consume all. Things can contain aspects of either but never could something be completely good or evil
Ummm...Yay?

#27 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:15 PM

No no, in the elimental system all eliments are neutral.

Light (also refered to as mana.) means the prescence of all the eliments, its powerful, but nearly impossible to actually use well. Its like using a dump truck with a paint brush tied to its side and trying to paint the monalisa.

shadow on the other hand is pathetically week, but there is so much of it, and its easy to control, you can just drown your enemies in endless attacks of death. Pretty intresting.

However, neither of them actually do anything bad. Its just a signature thing that most evil guys use shadow. however if I recall from cronotrigger, Magus and Robo both used shadow attacks, ulitmatly neither of them was evil.

#28 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

Light and Shadow are normally two opposing forces. The "lesser" elements are bound by nature and therefore neutral. however shadow and light seem to be stuck in a constant struggle. Neither gaining ground and neither giving an inch. When i hear the terms "shadow" and "light" i think of ying and yang... both are needed and yet are in constant confrontation. Nothing can be purely "good" or purely "evil"
Ummm...Yay?

#29 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:38 PM

hmmm, well, in my style, picture a diamond. wind is at the top, earth is at the bottom, with fire on the left and water on the right. the space and the lines represent the void.

a person devotes themselves to one of the elements at the pinnacles, and can use that one or one of the ones it is allied with it, but not the "opposing" element.

the user can sense the void, via the lines, but cannot use it since it is unconnected.
Posted Image

#30 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:51 PM

Well we should establish a standard. But I think thats ryes call ultimately.

#31 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

Mizukage, have you been hacking my computer and reading my word documents?

Anyway, he's pretty much got it. It's more of a void, with light and darkness both existing in an constant equilibrium. But one thing - They cannot be embodied on their own, thus must coexist. If one gains more power than the other, then the other will subside, thus taking both down with it. The void can only exist in equilibrium. And without the void, magic cannot exist either. You will see that the nature of what's going on here in the RP is a very gray matter.

However, Megell also hit it dead on. All the elements, or essences in this case, are completely neutral.... so to speak.

Fire, the essence of power
Water, the essence of life
Earth, the essence of preservation
Wind, the essence of mind

And then we get more complicated...

Light, the essence of destiny, and the core of the water and wind. It is the most powerful, but the least manageable. After all, light does not bend for anyone. A bit of a contradiction, but... you know... equilibrium and all.

Darkness, the essence of change, and the core of fire and earth. You may ask why the essence of preservation's core exists due to that of change, thou that's just it - Darkness defies all logic. It is ever moving, ever changing. However, it also has the least brute attack force. Oh! Another contradiction! But, as I said... That's just it. It makes no sense, thus those who try and control it normally end up being its slaves...

Anyway, originally we were meant to fight just the one pillar, and then the personal writing came in... Well, two major bosses I guess, but you'll see how THAT ends up in the near future...

And Quez, they are beatable. Remember, we're gathering power from all four sides of the "crystal", as Miz described it. I meant for each of our powers to grow significantly. As Miz also said though, people like me gave themselves a restriction. Because MOhan is gifted with Earth, no matter how much power he gains, he will never be able to make use of the wind essence.

However, gathering power =/= full control. Rather, it means that we have a minimal understanding and very basic control. Mohan will gain enhanced powers over earth, while most of your characters will grow equally across the board. I was going to reveal this all to you once we started the player battles, but we got a gemstone, so now is the time.

As for Megell... Not sure what to do with you. Your guy seems most like a master of balance, thus would gain little to no power at all outside of the growth of the abilities he already has...

#32 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:09 PM

Well Aeric is more a master of wind (as opposed to a neutral character), subtle it may be, changing tactics and his uncanny speed hint at that. He has no control over the element itself but rather has become fused with part of its essence. He doesn't have much strike available to him but rather gets his opponent off balance and unable to defend their self

And I now think i understand the magicks at work in this RP a bit better, thank you.
Ummm...Yay?

#33 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:11 PM

I thought as much, but didn't really want to jump to any conclusions.

#34 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:14 PM

Hack? not I. Ummm... I claim the fifth!

so, with my character having minor influence from the wind aura (no more than a physical bonus, speed and jumping predominately) I would recieve a slight strength bonus from the crystal?

And megell's character? I see water, with wind secondary.
Posted Image

#35 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:18 PM

I don't know if I'd classify your speed as a link to wind. Remember, katar users are very acrobatic fighters as well. Though I'll not argue with your own views of your character. If you had made him with wind influence, then yes, you would get a bit faster and such once we obtain the green gemstone.

As for Megell, I can see that as well. But that's his call, not ours.

#36 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:22 PM

Of course.my evaluation is merely a comment on my observations with a crossreference to standard elemental styles.

And as far as wind is concerned, it stands for speed in my list. with earth being strength, water being defense and fire being power, void is life and death.
Posted Image

#37 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:23 PM

I thought your character, Mitz, was more of a earth/fire variation given the size and demeanor of him. But it is your character and so your choice.

As for Megell's character I have no idea... but like you said Rytiko it is his call
Ummm...Yay?

#38 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:30 PM

yes, I made a minor mistake in my posts, speaking of wind so I guess I'll continue as such. of course, with your acceptance i can remedy that for the future.

I had confused his abilities and focus with another character's of mine. so could i possibly follow my original plans of an earth based fighter?
Posted Image

#39 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:31 PM

I was thinking like Quez as well, leaning more towards fire, which is both strong and fast - Power is more than strength, as you clearly differentiated... Though your view of the elements is entirely accurate Miz. Though remember, influence isn't everything. I intentionally made my character weak with earth simply because earth + speed just doesn't make a whole lot of sense, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm off for tonight guys. We'll continue the RP tomorrow.

EDIT: ALso, do whatever you wish, as long as you're not changing the character altogether. Remember, we didn't see you displaying a large amount of abilities. Your powers are still a bit unclear.

#40 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:37 PM

excellent, with that said. my abilities are nothing fantastic, with the return to the earthen defender. my skills are exactly that. If you need I can throw together a list or something that covers my skill. as a warrior monk style I am not a mystic so my powers are limited.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users