11 replies to this topic

#1 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:05 AM

Same rules as the Siggy Competition, except there will be no limit on image size. Customize a picture with some billboard and insert your own billboard. There is a tutorial HERE.

There is no set date for entries due, but try it out.
Also, if you have any ideas for other photoshop/GIMP competitions, PM me.

Here's one I did quickly:

From this:
Posted Image
(From here)

To this:
Posted Image

I also made it into a gif:
Posted Image

#2 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

This one just ain't that appealing in any way to be honest. You should have done something like simple animations, or ninjas, or hell, even faux ninjas.

But yah... billboard editing is kinda... errr..

Nvm...

Anyways I would suggest that next time we do a self drawn art theme... with that I might have a decent chance. :D

#3 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:15 AM

What about a humourous billboard replacement. Hmm? Something funny, make me laugh. Yes?

#4 Keisad

Keisad

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:14 PM

No no, that's making me laugh quite enough already.

:D

Just kidding.

#5 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:47 PM

I suppose you are right, I should come up with something more exciting...
Again, this was a late night thought.

#6 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

Hey, it was a good idea. These tools points to other forum members just aren't up to the challenge.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#7 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

So who wants to try this... Replace a sign with something humorous... Post the original and then post an edit by you with a twist it to make it funny.

#8 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:God, guitar, computers, reading, drawing, DDR, webcomic.

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:05 PM

This one just ain't that appealing in any way to be honest. You should have done something like simple animations, or ninjas, or hell, even faux ninjas.

Would you please stop complaining and putting down your friends? It's getting rather tiresome.

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#9 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

Would you please stop complaining and putting down your friends? It's getting rather tiresome.

I have to agree... Megell, you really aren't one to represent the people in a lot of matters. Saying things that you think is "the truth" and thinking that "everyone is in total agreement with what I say" is not helping you or anyone in anyway.

I came up with an idea and I proposed it to the forums. Just because you didn't think of it first or do something similar, doesn't mean that you have to shoot it down, especially on first reply. I was completely considering not doing it after your reply... Then I realized that you were the only one opposed. If you do not have any constructive criticism without putting people down, don't say anything.

I like what Dracky said about having humorous billboard replacement. I could work with that in mind and it would still reach the goal that I was constructing. The goal is for people to practice their skills and talents with image editors.

If you want to make a hand drawn competition, be my guest.

#10 Moose

Moose

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:49 AM

Although a create a billboard competition sound nice, i also don't really see how one can really show much of their talent in making a billboard. It's really quite a unique idea and i probably would have never thought of it myself but i was thinking more of something such as create a header for the fondusi's website could be more fun or make something to feel proud of. I'm still not sure but i hope you can all surprise me if you enter ;)
Posted Image

#11 Keisad

Keisad

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:01 PM

Well, I would like to do this. BUt so you are forewarned, I'm attempting at humour rather than it actually looking good.

#12 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:45 PM

Heh. Alright, but try do something that will look good... Better display your talents too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users