2 replies to this topic

#1 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:41 AM

Ok so...as it turns out the PS3 is a really big distraction, especially mixed with an excessive amount of crap from work and starting a new semester at school. But I have made a few changes to the new graphics engine the main thing of which is that originally I had written a (long) routine to go and figure out which tiles were on each map surrounding the map the player is on and on the same map and to only load those textures to save memory. As it turns out it really doesn't save much memory as compared to loading all the textures and unloading the tile surfaces from memory. And also the peak memory usage is higher when they are loaded procedurally (which means it takes more memory overall to do it the way I had originally set it up even though it generally uses less because there are not as many textures in mem). So basically, now it just loads all the textures into memory vs the procedural loading. This also fixed a few bugs with certain textures not being loaded fast enough when switching maps. I haven't gotten to sprites yet but right now I'm working on making map edges not appear and act like map edges.
So that's about it regarding the game right now. As far as the forums are concerned...why are they dead? Are you punishing me for a lack of updates? What ever happened to the RP forum? C'mon people, you're going to get me discouraged! :cry: :lol:

So that's about it for now. When I have something good I'll probably post a video so you can see the changes before I actually let you play (beta testers at least :P).

~Drack

#2 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

I'm doing my part!
*squishes some cockroaches*

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#3 Neonyo

Neonyo

Sacred Lands Owner

• Beta Testers
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:37 AM

Gotta quit letting little things get in the way, or you will become like me and never get anything finished! Death to the PS3!!!

I was hoping once i got situated here in Kuwait I would come back to find you doing well, seems in my travels things are slowing down, but have no fear, Im here now to give ya the push, so what do ya need to set you back on track?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users