#1 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:12 PM

How would you guys feel about a naruto RP? I've been thinking about starting one for a bit, but I don't know what the fan level actually stands at. Whos for the idea? Who's against it.

Any suggestions? Ideas? comments? please post em!

#2 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:13 PM

Eh. As much as I like Shippuuden, I just don't know. If it were ANYWHERE else, I would immediately say no. Fortunately, everyone in this forum has some skills in writing and roleplaying.

If you feel like making it, I'll join. But I still think it's a rather bold move.

#3 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:32 PM

I agree. It is a bold move, thats why I want EVERYONES ideas in the pot before I even so much as write a single piece of the roleplay. That way we can statisfy everyone without it getting lame. Also, before I begin, I hope everyone realizes that blood line limites would be a no no. :o

#4 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:12 PM

Dangit. There goes my Sharingan.
And hey, all the fun abilities.
Can we all have 9000 year old demons in our bellies?

What I mean is, everything in Naruto approaches (and passes) what would be considered Epic in DnD.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#5 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:18 PM

Well... I shouldn't say no, no... but they would be limited to maybe 1/20 people at least.

PLUS, if I remeber rightly, the sharigan is a no, no anyways. All the uchiahas are zombies other then a two trators. Woot for massive critical failures. ;)

#6 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:26 PM

Sure, Sharingan is out. But what about that kid...
Dangit, my memory is fleeing rapidly.
Buddy with all-white eyes. Whole family of them.
I saw that as the workaround for the "everyone with Sharingan is dead or Kakashi" problem. Invent a new, similar bloodline.

And hey, Naruto only covers a few continents, right? How about offshore islands, or other continents?
Everything born of Japan seems to revolve around the concept of a small, closed area. Write what you know, I guess.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#7 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:32 PM

I'll throw the idea into the stew, I just guess my biggest concern is the whole lameness thing that comes outta 49/50 people having rarebloddline traits. However, I have no problem with everyone being epic mind you. Sort of like that bug dude, a unstopable character in his own right, but no blood line limit involved there. Just a kick ass familiy jitsu. :D

#8 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:44 AM

I'll throw the idea into the stew, I just guess my biggest concern is the whole lameness thing that comes outta 49/50 people having rarebloddline traits. However, I have no problem with everyone being epic mind you. Sort of like that bug dude, a unstopable character in his own right, but no blood line limit involved there. Just a kick ass familiy jitsu. :D

Well, if I joined, I'd have no such thing. I'd just push my way to the top with other things, as my favorite character on the show is probably Rock Lee. Not that I'd make a Taijutsu master or anything of the sort, but just to say that I'll use no rare bloodline traits.

And remember the community - it's small at the moment, and consists primarily of decent writers. I think that this is probably the only place that such a thing could work.

#9 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Ninja, anime and pie, in that order.<br><br>ask casey for more.

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:19 PM

Your thinking Neji, casey. and i so get that bloodline ability,. Hmpf, My Jyoken style is unrivalled! Honestly can you think of anyone that can pull of that condescending manner better than I? I am arrogance incarnate!
Posted Image

#10 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

@ Ry[e]: I think I'm gunna end up assigning everyone a number and then rolling a dice of 100 once for each of us. if your number comes up, you can have a bloodline trait, if not, then you don't. Thats the fairest way of doing it, plus it might mean that everyone gets one, or no one does.

@ Mitz: Well you don't need a special jitsu to be condisending. Look at kakashi prior to the whole death of everyone he caired about thing... :)

Edit: Also I forgot to ask guys, how do you want to do the ranks, Three person teams like the genin in the show, or have everyone as chunin and jounin. Personally I'm attached to the Genin with a jounin instructer idea. :)

#11 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:08 PM

@ Ry[e]: I think I'm gunna end up assigning everyone a number and then rolling a dice of 100 once for each of us. if your number comes up, you can have a bloodline trait, if not, then you don't. Thats the fairest way of doing it, plus it might mean that everyone gets one, or no one does.

@ Mitz: Well you don't need a special jitsu to be condisending. Look at kakashi prior to the whole death of everyone he caired about thing... :)

Edit: Also I forgot to ask guys, how do you want to do the ranks, Three person teams like the genin in the show, or have everyone as chunin and jounin. Personally I'm attached to the Genin with a jounin instructer idea. :)

lol, a 1/100 chance? Well, that's pretty much saying " no one gets it" right off the bat. However, that's fine, considering that they are indeed rare.

As for the team style - It currently seems that we have only 3 people interested. Perhaps Quez will make 4, but who knows - He's been in everything, as I have, and is probably more overwhelmed than I am considering I have absolutely no life.

Basically, what I'm saying is, the Jounin would pretty much have to be an NPC. Not only for the lack of people, but also for obvious reasons such as the characters being largely outclassed by another player.

#12 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:31 AM

(The chances are actually 1/20ish. one role for each character joining in a group. That way were all good.)

Yah, I guess we just have to be willing too throw 'all people are equals', out the window for the fact that we'll have a jounin and a few genin. But I don't think it'll be an issue anyways. Its not like were going to have them fighing each other. So I still think that the jounin should be a PC, rather then some mindless NPC.

#13 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:54 PM

well seeing as i dont' know what naruto is i doubt i could effectively participate
Ummm...Yay?

#14 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

Chuunin are good, access to skills and teachers without classe4s to attend
I of course will settle for no less than Sennin, I deserve no less, casey can vouch for my skill and knowlege and you've seen me in battle megell
Posted Image

#15 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:08 PM

Errrr... Mmmmm... Your forgetting that my knowledge is the same as yours, just not riviling in fanaticism. (for lack of a better term.) Anyways, I don't think it would be fair for everyone to have someone set far above regardless of their OOC knowledge. We don't want no sasukes here if you catch my drift.

Also I'm still for the whole 3 students 1 Jounin thing. I think the best and fairest way to do that would be to find out all the people who are in, then who wants to be the team leader and have a draw for that position. That way it will all be fair.

ALSO as another note, we will all have a chance to run a mission or two. I intend to have a rotating game master for this RP. meaning if you want to have a certian type of adventure, you can just wait till your turn comes up. It can be your characters moment to shine.

Plus, I do intend to have chunin exams for kicks. But thats a later thing. (just saying it if the topic came up.)

#16 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:32 PM

I am not simply posturing, I am merely making note that i am infact well spoken in this ways and I also isuue this as a warning if you see it as such.

what about factions? will we be bound to the weak konoha clan? i do hope not. you know where my loyalties lie.
Posted Image

#17 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:32 PM

((Sorry, just had to snip that one in the bud, we can't have players setting themselves above other players based on OCC stuff. If you were, then I would of smacked you back in place, but scince your not... Then its cool. lol. (Megells sadistic side comes through much?))

I know. I think though we will have to stick with the leaf village. Personally I would prefer to have my character from sand... but then the tie in would make no sense. Maybe at a later date we can reform different teams from other villages, but till that point, were all leaf genin. T_T

ALSO, as a side note, before i get typing on the introduction and stuff, what do you guys think we should do to make the game make sense. Cause no matter which way we do this, we are probably going to end up contradicting the naruto story line unless we.

Set the game 1-2 years before hand.
Set the game in a different village. (such as mist for mitz.)
Or something else. I need suggestions people!

#18 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:40 PM

well, aside from the sand village there isn't enough information available on other clans (I don't know if that is true for the anime but i read the manga so that is what I draw my conclusions from)

I could simply be almost an alternate universe, without many of the names, if you do it 1-2 years in the past Naruto is still in effect, many of the familiar doom characters are around as well. before Naruto's birth/after his death may also work, unless it is good to have the familiar faces around?
Posted Image

#19 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

I'm not sure. But I definately want to do it in the naruto universe. Not something that is pratically identical. And I do want the familar faces around. But the issue is how familar do we want those faces to be?

#20 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:04 PM

Meh. Sand Village =/= no, Because then we have to deal with that Gaara jackass. And yes, he's even a jackass later in the series.

But anyway, we could place it in the two year time skip between Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden. That time period remains a mystery to people, and there's no Naruto or Sasuke. Wheee~!

BUt then, that may have contained slight spoilers to those outside the fansub universe that I reside in... x_x

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users