#1 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:21 AM

Well in short, this is one of my biggest pet peves. When your in a situation that you know something about a web site/anime/game and its your favorite, and someone comes in, miss quotes it, or acts like they are a source on it when in fact they know very little about it overal.

Now I'm not saying people saying "I think its like this..." are bad and irksome. But what really pisses me off is when they go off on tangents and act like a pro on topics they know nothing about! Well thats my rant, comments?

#2 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:58 AM

ahem. Godwin's law.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#3 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Ninja, anime and pie, in that order.<br><br>ask casey for more.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:31 AM

is the influence for this rant derived from, oh, I don't know, a lack of clarity on your part? 'cause if it is... well, I think we can consider that some people (please note the implied allusion) are more difficult to understand than others. but that is merely an observation.
Posted Image

#4 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

ahem. Godwin's law.

Well good point actually.

But I'm not so much being a nazi on the topic, or something of the sort as implied. I just don't really like when something I like is butchered. Think, If I went on and said pokemon sucks the anus cause all its about is homosexuality and butt fucking animals. (Makes a reference to furries... [and there is no irony here]). Anyways, you get my drift, I'm angry cause the person just butchers something I like. End of story.

Edit:

And mitz, I have no idea what your implying, spell it out more clearly. XD

#5 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:53 PM

I, um, was actually just making a play on the subject you chose. My statement was supposed to have absolutely nothing to do with yours.
I also just read up on Godwin's law, and found it to be quite amusing.

Now, as for your topic, it seems to me you are targeting ignorance. Of course, ---
wait. This isn't about Chrono Cross, is it? You could just ask me to let up, you know.

#6 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

man, I love my job.

But in all seriousness it is better to forgive and forget than live out the rest of your meaningless existence in a pain amplifier.

it is natural for you lowly carbon based lifeforms to err, in fact, to err is human. I would love to meet another that is as omniscient as myself. a delightful conversation we would have. kinda like davie's discussions with me.

a limited mental capacity for information is also a key principle of communication. it is important that different people focus on different aspects of a problem, so that the single most viable solution is reached with little to no error.

in closing: it is improper to accuse, or find fault in someone who acknowleges a different form of data input from yourself. it is rather hypocritical. any different problem can be the cause of faulty datasharing.
Posted Image

#7 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:28 AM

[jackass]Yeah but I think Final Fantasy 7 is about demonic suicide cults. It's so clear if you just play the game, you know? And you're an idiot for not realizing it. The part where that sephy-guy falls into the radioactive slime? Yeah, suicide.

Also I have heard from my awesome yet unnamed inside sources that Square is recalling every final fantasy game and movie and toy because they got in trouble with the law about the suicide thing. Oh, and I know that the invisible majority agrees with me.[/jackass]

#8 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:47 AM

Excactly, And the worse part is that everyone except the person whos being the idiot knows otherwise.

And it wasn't radoactive slime, it was green PBJ.

#9 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

Hmmm. If you are going to view this with a closed mind, what is the purpose of existing? I other words, shut up casey, the sensei is teaching.

It is important that you consider all sides of the discussion and be aware of not only your evidence, but of your opponents as well.

It is also inmportant, as I said before, that you be as accurate as possible in your representation of your case so that you don't take the role of hypocrite yourself.

you should also keep an open mind, understand that to err is human, and be available to correct a mistake without being overly critical.. and remember to back up your correction with proven evidence from a valid source.

Try it, you'll find how less of an asshole you can be.
Posted Image

#10 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:16 PM

Well I agree with most of that... I can't really disagree actrually.

But thats because its off topic.

Anyways, we're talking about kids who know NOTHING on a topic and act like there pros. Were not saying kids who know something and have diffent opinions for whatever reason.

#11 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:35 PM

coughworldleaderscough
But I guess that would be why we elevate them to such a position. To act like they know what they are doing.

#12 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:43 PM

Hence the philosopher king. We should be ruled by the most intelligent, not the most popular or powerful.

#13 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:46 PM

hmmm. it seems to be human instinct to have someone lead them. for is it not true that the followers invariably outnumber the leaders?

and again, my lessons apply to this as well. if they would observe and follow a regime of enlightenment, there would certainly be less trouble.

On a secondary note, side with me int he upcoming rebellion and when I rise to power you can be in a position of power. I am a benevolent ruler, and you most certainly can do far worse. what say you? would you turn down your only real path to your dreams?
Posted Image

#14 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:06 PM

Enlightenment is a joke, we are just mildly evolved apes on a somewhat small rock in a vast universe. Ultimately enlightment is out of our reach in my opinion. (Only a opinion though...) and besides people could never just be enlightend themselves, they would need a honestly enlightend leader for that too happen. Off topic yet again, but intresting none the less.

Anyways, mitz, your forgetting that the only way you could get me to help you out in your revolution is by offering me the world. Kinda self eliminating...

#15 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:38 PM

fah, as padishah emperor I can grant you galaxies, that is if you serve faithfully.

and enlightement is most certainly real. it is not only the acceptance of knowlege, but the development. A wise man once said "the unexamined world is not worth living" meaning if you close your mind to knowlege you are no better than your 'mildly evolved apes'.

you cannot begin to imagine the information waiting to be discovered (or rediscovered if you believe it) that you, as a high school student can't even begin to imagine.

an open mine good sir. it would do you well.
Posted Image

#16 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:42 PM

correction "the unexamined life is not worth living" and it was Socrates i think
Ummm...Yay?

#17 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:58 PM

you see! that is the way it is supposed to work! a free exchange of information! I was corrected on my adaption by a fellow intellect! but instead of making fun of his accent or height, or complaining/ making excuses I accept his input and continue forwards.
Posted Image

#18 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:32 AM

you see! that is the way it is supposed to work! a free exchange of information! I was corrected on my adaption by a fellow intellect! but instead of making fun of his accent or height, or complaining/ making excuses I accept his input and continue forwards.

Point and case.

Now if you had bitched about it and claimed you were right when you weren't then we would have an issue that bugs.

#19 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:53 PM

Hey. Megell. That's pretty damn dreary. Get a hobby. Play some music. Write something.

#20 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:11 PM

Lol, me, a hobby! CASEY! your the one who spends his days locked in his basement! lol! :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users