#1 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:43 AM

well anyways, I got myself a plainswalker the other day from the lorwyn set. Its a really good card and basicaly raises the stakes of the green/black deck its in a bunch. but its really bothering me still...

Because the new series is massivily overrigged beyond words.

Lorwyn is disgusting. The creatures all work incredibly well together, the pre-made decks can trunce a few of my prior epic decks, and at best my black/black is the only one that can really put up a fight.

Now the plainswalkers make it worse... there unbelieveable weapons of death. They pretty much can win you a game with their special abilities, hands down.

In fact, I do not like how good they are one bit.

#2 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:49 AM

but think...all the cards are overpowered...every single one...no real change of power therefore...kinda like diablo, as you get stronger so do your enemies.
Ummm...Yay?

#3 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:10 AM

Yah, but my question is "what comes next?" think about it, with all these drastically overpowered cards, who's going to want to buy the next block? Either way to keep things fair it will either have to stay the same. Which will render so many old cards obsoleat, OR drop down so much that the Lorwyn block will be used right up to the end and the next block will be virtually untapped.

#4 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:31 PM

There is still an unlimited amount of creativity to be tapped. Planeswalkers are an example of this. They're something completely new that change the game and make you look at it in ways you never have.

Also, Planeswalkers aren't so overpowered. In every game I played against them, I crushed them mercilessly a turn or two after they came out.
You can attack them directly. Jace never stood any sort of chance against a green 7/7 flying changeling.

In a sense only one card is now obsolete - Mistform Ultimus. On the other hand he'd fit right in.

Well Megell, you have new cards, I have new cards, I propose a duel. I have a white Kithkin deck that I threw together in less than two minutes and yet is possibly the most powerful deck I've ever made. I threw Ajani in just for kicks.

Queztatlapoca: BUY NOW.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#5 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:52 AM

yes, yes be paitent i'm a college student
Ummm...Yay?

#6 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:52 PM

@ Casey: I agree perfectly, I'm more or less being cautious over the whole thing. I don't want magic to devolve into power slug fests. Also, kiths versus my elfs.

Pshhha.

@Quez: this is the series, if any, you want to buy into my friend.

#7 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:58 PM

Yes, I told him to wait for this one.
This is the fulcrum. From this point, everything changes.

Also: I want Clockspinning. Also: Chandra, the only planeswalker I'm missing.

Alright, this Saturday we drive to Barrie to Sir Gamesalot. I need some more card protectors, and Queztatlapoca needs cards. Again I suggest a Tournament pack and as many boosters as you can afford.
Incarnations are awesome.

The tournament last Saturday was fun. I would definitely go to another release tourney.

#8 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:02 AM

Not driving anywhere costs way to much monies which I can't blantently waste on a outta the way trip. If QUEZ will drive, then i'll go this saturday, or you throw the money into my tank. But otherwise the game, if you want it has to be local.

#9 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:44 AM

who's non-mentioned person?
Ummm...Yay?

#10 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:48 AM

Oh, just some miniscule guy from off the forums. You wouldn't like him very much so don't sweat it. :o

Corrected.

#11 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:15 PM

Well, I'd suggest that either Queztatlapoca drives or we bring Das into the picture.

Friday night would actually have more appeal because it's Friday Night Magic. The prize is a reprinted Cabal Coffers, but also there are opponents and stuff.

#12 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:02 PM

I work friday. Can't come if you go that night.

#13 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:47 PM

Saturday it is then. I don't have the money for a tournament right now anyways.

#14 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:40 AM

exploding goblins!
Ummm...Yay?

#15 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:31 AM

Nah, pretty boy elvish armies are the way to go! :lol:

#16 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:12 AM

shudder
Kithkin! Kithkin.

And Planeswalkers are kind of lame. You need a huge army to defend one in just a duel. Imagine a whole table of players glaring at your Chandra. Yeah, it's gonna get pounded. And then probably you too.

#17 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:44 AM

The black one is good, and so is the blue one. They don't attrack alot of attention, (until they get high anyways.) and until that point they give you pretty good benifits. I have three of the black one in my elf deck, and it pretty much mows over everything... I've stoped playing with that deck now... beause its too easy to win with. :ermm:

#18 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:09 AM

You'll have to bring it out when next we meet.

#19 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:41 AM

honestly that plainswalker doesn't improve your deck at all. and it is a hideous deck... it should burn... with goblin corpses
Ummm...Yay?

#20 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

It makes a great rucruiter for my key cards. I usually can get the two draws I need with it. Then I let it die.

Alright, so anyone doing anything tomorrow (monday?) cause I'm itching to play.

Plus I want my goblin BBQ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users