13 replies to this topic

#1 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:51 PM

Here are the current features that will be either in this game or in the next one (or are already in this one):
Wants/Wishes
Day/Night
Directional Blocks
Certain NPC's can only be hit by certain weapons
Tag
Different GUI's/selection option
Ranged weapons
Paperdoll
Crafting/Tradeskills
Merchants
Auction House
Summoning Spells
Good/Evil/Karma system
Different NPC types (ie. flying / ground)

Add music/sfx volume bar
Add signal for where a store is located, to know when to press enter
Server latency
Durability
Mini Games
HP Bars
Total time played

USB Gamepad Support

In Game
4 Player partying. (6-8?)
Regional weather
Moveable Blocks (Zelda/Pokemon style)
Minimap
GFX compression
Spell animations
Classic msg codes (go back to classic style /b, /e, /be etc.)
Better guild system
New stats/stat leveling system
Msg history
Quest system
Dynamic Weather
Regions (I will say no more)
Option to quit game or character selection

There is more but that's all I can think of. Ok, so what else do you guys (and gals) want to see?

#2 Pontifus

Pontifus

Word Artist

• Game Staff
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:37 AM

That's a solid list. Let me see if I can think of any.

Crafting ;)

Maybe bigger parties, like 6-8 players, to mix things up a little

Dynamic weather (changes with the days, or maybe even an artificial atmosphere/water cycle...if you can pull that off, you're my hero)

Player-owned merchants...i.e. the player drops items onto their merchant NPC, who sells them and deducts a small upkeep fee

An auction house, as an alternative to the above suggestion

Summoning spells (i.e. spells that temporarily summon benign NPCs)

...And that's all I can come up with right now. I'll let you know if I think of more.

#3 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:13 AM

OK, my list was appended.

#4 Nalyid

Nalyid

Padawan Mapper

• Game Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:29 AM

OH MY GAWD!!!!
Player-owned merchants...i.e. the player drops items onto their merchant NPC, who sells them and deducts a small upkeep fee, amazing idea!!!!! i need a towel.....

#5 Azareon

Azareon

Nub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:33 PM

Guild Towns- For the guilds that have been around a long time, they will be able to outline what they want as their town and then it would be implemented, it could have its own NPC's and stuff, and maybe possible for people to give items to an NPC or put it in a "Guild Chest" so that other members of the guild can get the item if needed.

Player-Owned Houses- For those who have been around a long time, and have the money to afford their own home.

#6 Pontifus

Pontifus

Word Artist

• Game Staff
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

I think guild towns would be redundant. The player housing and player merchant systems should be flexible enough to allow houses close to one another to become a "town," if the owners feel so inclined. I don't know that it's necessary to code it in. If it is hard-coded, it should be an extension of the housing system.

#7 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:19 PM

I have developed a moderately advanced idea in relation to player owned houses and such. I thought I posted it around here but it might have been in the staff forum. Basically, for player owned houses each map would have 6 plots of equal size and if your guild got 3 people to buy 3 plots side by side, they could and create a guild house that spans all three. :)

#8 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:41 PM

Hm... Re guild towns/houses:
To save space and prevent massive changes in maps, deduct the player a fee (or have them represent their work in some other way) and add underground floors. This way, they don't have to physically exist in that amount of space. Add ing stairs (and to prevent redundancy for great amounts of floors, an elevator) would aid the sense that the space really exists there.

Re npcs and respective weapons such as pickaxes, fishing lines and the like... There has got to be a better way of phrasing that.
Let us assume that an "object" is just that - an "npc" that yields inventory items.

Now, is there any chance you would divulge which of the items in the agenda are actually finished? Maybe check-marks or smileys or something.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#9 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Interests:KITTY!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

I think we should do like a woodcutting skill like you get a hatchet and and chop some wood for fires to cook stuff. Or is that too much? I agree with 6-8 in a party because what if you have a lot of friends and want to go pking? That would be the time to need 6-8 in a party
...Tehe.

#10 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:03 PM

I added Tradeskills beside Crafting. Also, I updated it to show what is currently already in game. :)

#11 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:20 AM

Just one question. Is just gonna show the exp stamina health and those lvls or crafting and wood cutting and all the other lvls?
...Tehe.

#12 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:05 AM

No, I didn't actually add it. I just put it on the wishlist.

#13 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:44 AM

Hah, again, I bring up this old discussion:
Which feels more real, knowing your experience points or not knowing?

Obviously, in real life, you don't go up levels every 345621345 times you do certain things. So why not make that number a mystery? The bane of runescape was the plethora of experience calculators. I personally found that knowing that I had 18054 more gold ore to mine really dragged it out. And 420065 coal ore on top of that for the ability to mine adamantine.
There was a time I was really fascinated by that game, but the whole experience factor ruined it completely.

This may also cause players to develop more balanced characters. This method would keep players from concentrating on, say, only woodcutting for several days. Instead of having mathematical goals, the player would only chop wood when necessary. A character who requires (as a character) more wood would be more advanced in woodcutting skills, as follows naturally.

Second.
Paperdoll. At one time I was in favour of this, but over time it lost its hold on me.
The replacement feature would be originality! 'Sright, originality. Custom character sheets. Assuming the game utilizes such things as character sheets, the player would be able to submit his/her own. A stock sheet would be available as a general guideline (eg do not exceed these lines for this sprite, the sprite ends here) and as a base to be modified.
I would absolutely go for that. I have done some sprite work in the past (and yes, I'm much better at modifying than creating from scratch).
A form would be submitted by the player attesting that the material was their own (

(interruption)
HOLY CARP KRISPY KREMES ARE NUCKING AWESOME AND ESPECIALLY SO WHEN HEATED!!! MY MOUTH IS EXPLODING WITH KRISPY PASSION!!!!!!!!!!1eleven

We now return you to your regularly scheduled rant.

...attesting that the material was their own (which prevents you from such nasties as lawsuits in case of a Link sprite maniac, just thinking ahead here). Also, the community

OOOOOOOOOOUUUUAAAAAH I JUST HAD ANOTHER

.......Also, the community will probably fill up with people asking and offering custom sprite sheets. "Hey, give me a thousand gould (sp) IG and I'll whip you up something nice." A forseeable problem with this train of thought is that most players who want sprite sheets will only just be starting off, and have nothing to offer.
I'm sure that some people will be glad to just share their work for the community.

AWWW DANG YEEEAH!
(downed two more Krispy Kremes - to find out what happened to the first two. I figure they're all having a party down there. I might send another one to tell them to keep it down, we have neighbours you know and all that.)

Ssssssugar high! At an office job! I'm going to go nuts, or the insane amounts of burnout energy are going to phase me out of existance (Real Life Comics reference)

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#14 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:59 AM

I'm thinkin not like exp spread out for like attack lvls and strength lvls and def. lvls and all that junk, i'm thinking like have one experience and when you get a certian amount of it you lvl 1. Also the higher the monsters lvl is the more exp you get. In runescape you do like 1 damage and get 4.5 exp, if you do 2 damge you get 2x the experience. But i'm more of the kill the monster and get exp. kind of person. Say in runescape you want to work on a certian lvl like attack because your attack lvl is lvl 37 and you want it to be lvl 40 because you just found a rune longsword on the ground. So you go along killing things but it takes more time because you gain a tiny bit of exp for doing damage, when you could lvl it alot faster by getting alot of exp from killing the person rather than getting a tiny bit of exp doing damage on your enemy. That is my opinon
...Tehe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users