10 replies to this topic

#1 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:02 PM

So, I have been watching a lot of (G4) Tech TV lately and I've noticed they've been covering a lot of Pod/Vid-casts and talking about how to make them. In watching people do and talk about them, I want to join them. My problem is that I have no real idea of what to do. I was thinking of doing something explaining programming mainly focusing on VB but I don't know where to start. Now however, I think I'm going to expand my idea from just VB to computer tips and tricks in general. What I need from you guys is ideas on what you want to know. Do you have any questions/ideas/suggestions on content? I think this would be a really fun thing to do esp. to attract more attention to the site. Maybe we could even feature a few things from board members or something. So yeah, let me know what you guys think.

#2 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:42 PM

yeah u shud takl aboot vgcats

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#3 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Interests:KITTY!

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:43 PM

Your saying you want to be on T.V.??? G4 TV!!!!!!!! I NEED CHEATS FOR RATCHET AND CLANK!!! Hey me and casey posted 1 minute after eachother :lol:
...Tehe.

#4 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:14 PM

No. I'm saying I want to make vidcasts but I need topics.

#5 Nalyid

Nalyid

Padawan Mapper

• Game Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:51 AM

if you need cheats go to, gamespot.com. or gamefaqs.com, or just type it in google.com

#6 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 06:18 AM

cheatcodes.com and cheatcc.com

PS~Tell the to do stuff on ratchet and clank going commando like rate it and give it cheats thanks!
...Tehe.

#7 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 10:00 AM

Guys. Stay on topic. C'mon work with me here! <_<

#8 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:37 PM

Give me an example and i'll give you ideas.
...Tehe.

#9 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 01:29 PM

I did give an example. Visual Basic stuff. Like "Hey how do you blit?" then I would make a thing showing how to blit but like I can show other things on the computer too so what else.

#10 Pontifus

Pontifus

Word Artist

• Game Staff
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 01:48 PM

You know, that's actually a really good idea. I've never heard of a programming-based podcast. Jump on it quick and you could have a decent listener base.

Given the sheer amount of people who try to do web programming, I think it'd be a good idea if you touched on php and mySQL, too.

#11 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:04 AM

Oh yes. And heck, why not have a feature program every 'episode'?
Today's feature: Blender! It's neat once you've gotten used to the crazy control system, and can be quite powerful if blah blah etc. everything starts with a cube thingy and then blah blah some stuff you can blah.

Today's feature: Bang! Howdy.
Today's feature: Gaim!
Today's feature: Skype.
Today's feature: I dunno, zsnes?

Or widen the feature choice to, say, cool stuff, whether it is a program or a website or another podcast. Slashdot: Behind the music. How the latest layout is the most efficient method of displaying an infinite number of news items.

And don't be afraid to centre some episodes on yourself. Once you get something relatively sufficient to show the public on Fondusi's, talk about challenges, tough questions, interesting fixes... Or that voice recognition program. Chances are, if people are watching you, they'd be interested in what you are interested in preposition. Yes, that was a preposition the end of the sentence at.

D00d, using skype you could totally open it to viewers too, they could call in and ask stupid questions, and then you could mock them relentlessly and fool them into formatting their harddrives.

Yeah, I guess I'm getting attached to the idea. You see, none of my suggestions took into account the possibility of you not doing it. Tell me if I can help out. I get first dibs on being your roadie!

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users