#1 Faselei

Faselei

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:16 AM

Lol, just posted this in mmorpg.com. Funny what you come up with at work:

I been playing this game for 26 years now and well I think it pretty much sucks.

For a start upgrading your character requires hours of grinding. The noob area takes 16 frickin years to get through! The missions include ?survive depression when 15? and ?don?t get hooked on drugs? as well as ?getting laid?. Since then the games got even worse, I wanted to improve my fitness and stamina stats so I have to got on the training missions like ?ride your bike up hills? and ?swim for hours and hours?. Its rubbish.

Then there?s all the missions and sub missions you have to do every day, for example in order to earn female faction points the player has to keep, the Mother, Girlfriend and Sister NPCs happy. Mini missions such as ?changing a lightbulb? and ?mowing the lawn? help with mother. Sister was placated with ?design and build a pc? mission which had mini missions, like ?trawl the internet for parts? and ?build the bastard thing?. Girlfriend is a different kettle of fish all together, simple favours and tasks won?t do the trick here, instead hours and hours of carefully designed crafting and dialogue are required, but the main method, is given her 100% attention during your waking hours.

Instead of riding a horse you get a ?car;. This car requires constant bloody attention and the other day a random event meant some little shit broke into it and nicked the stereo. This requires re-buffing the car?s stats so the door will open.

You can?t just run around slashing mobs to collect money, you have to ?work?. This is actually the thing which takes up most of your time? 9-10 hours a day grinding missions and profession stats. A Gamemaster NPC called ?your boss? passes constant random missions and tasks to you ALL day. If you don?t do these mission he shouts at you, fail enough and you get sacked, then you run out of gold and cant buy food, which lowers, strength, stamina and health stats.

Every day you have to go to the toilet, this is disgusting and annoys the hell out of me. If you don?t wash you smell, and you?ll lose female faction points and will find it hard to find groups for missions (called friends in irl) and you may get sacked. The worst bit is sleeping, where every 16 hours of so you have to find a secure, comfortable horizontal area, to lose consciousness for 8 hours, how much of a chore is that? I mean wtf? You have to do it every night, even if your in the middle of somthing.

Plus as you level up, whcih is based upon surviving years rather than exp (its skill based afterall), your abilities actually go DOWN! Even by mid lvl 20, little things start to go wrong with your avatar, achy back, clicky knees, the list goes on. By lvl 80 you can hardly walk!

Oh an i almost forgot the pets, do they go and savage mobs? Do they buggery, my cat just sits around and is occasionally sick in my shoes.

Frankly I don?t recommend this to anyone, there is an exit button, but well ? I guess not.

(Hook up with me: Lvl 26, Engineer, UK Server).

Don't post here ever again.

Posted Image

#2 Moose

Moose

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:59 AM

lmfao! lol i didnt realise how gay our lives really were if we put them into a game. if u saw this game on the web would u play it? no. thats why you have to go mental every so often. start sum noise. make a fight. kill a few hobos......
and thats why we have mmorpgs to play. screw with other ppls lives!

and o dam.. ive still got three more years of noobyland!!! araaaggghhh! and what also make me laugh is the fact the everyone else is NPCs and not actual l people. most of the ppl i know act like npcs doing the same stuff, same repeted line ect.

never really thought of life this way...
makes me more depressed.
noooo!! i dun wana b an emo yet!!! *sob*
Posted Image

#3 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:56 AM

Moose.... Your life is "gay"?

Faselei: That's hilarious. I've thought of a bit of that (if person!=not.me then person==NPC), but never anything so in-depth.

Well, at the moment I am a Lvl 19 (just leveled up! whoo!) wage slave, but I'm up for a Class Upgrade. There's a training program that, while it takes thousands of gil, will change my class to Professional Hacker, Lvl 23. I'm assuming the accumulative boredom points will be converted into a higher level of fitness, wisdom and intelligence. But that depends on my guild members. Turns out I've got double the RA.

While I'm there I may persuade a moderator to let me create a quest. This quest will involve exchanging Learned Points for Cool Programs, specifically Games. I've been playing games recently while taking notes on said games, with the intent of learning more and possibly reverse-engineering them. But again, I will have to earn Learned Points.

Hm.... Indeed.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#4 Moose

Moose

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:48 AM

lol....no.....hella no.....*hides on corner crying*.....not gay!!!.....:(

dam u game freaks make me sum money!

*still sobbin*
why u change ur post count? now there will b no point of it even being there-besides showing off
Posted Image

#5 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:18 AM

It's ok, I know how to change it back when the time comes. ;)

#6 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:25 AM

I had wished to wait for some effect to be displayed in our Rick. Nothing yet.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users