16 replies to this topic

#1 Faselei

Faselei

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:56 AM

So like always Europe gets shafted... i mean its not like its a real place anyway huh? No us cheese eating peasents saving up to buy a one way ticket on a coffin ship to the US don't deserve nice shiny things like PS3's...

Bastards.

So we'll get march 2005 technology, in march 2007 at march 2010 prices.

Wii ftw! Unless Nintendo screw us over too ...

http://www.eurogamer...rticle_id=67341

Don't post here ever again.

Posted Image

#2 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:30 AM

I am shocked. Yes I am. Shocked.

Many analysts suggest that the PS3 is the death of Sony.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#3 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Interests:KITTY!

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:35 PM

Wow... I see PS3's all over my electronics boutique. Maybe when you take a vacation next summer you could get one in america. Then you can show it off to all your friends. :P ;)
...Tehe.

#4 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:28 PM

Except that it would be in NTSC picture format which would not be compatible with european TV's.

But this is a bummer for people in Europe and probably not the best idea on Sony's part. I suspect that whoever was responsible for distributing/producing the diodes is no longer employed. :P

#5 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:36 PM

The person responsible for sacking the sacked, has been sacked.

If Sony goes under, the entire industry has the potential to change a whole heck of a lot.
Either another monopoly will strike (Bill has been eyeing the electronics accessories/etc market for a while), or many, many more smaller companies will be able to step up a bit more.

Looking forward to it, but I hope in five years I'll still be able to flip Bill Gates the vee without getting five to ten years in prison. That world would be a sucky world. I like flipping the vee to Bill Gates. Yes.

#6 Faselei

Faselei

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:25 AM

Yeah an NTSC format one doesn't appeal...

Well its become clearer (800 odd posts on eurogamer) that theres more going on.

Basically NTSC area is a nice all english or spanish speaking bunch with pretty similar laws, markets etc, plus japan is NTSC, and thats their home turf so it wouldn't be wise to delay it there... PAL on the other hand is a mass of random countries with 500 languages including Europe, China, Australia and most of Africa. Bascially its just not worth the effort to bother with it for now with a limited stock.

But it goes even deeper. Essentially they simply horribly lied about how many they could make. Less than a million will be availabe at launch, originally the plan was 100k in japan and 400k in N America ands then 3-400k in Europe (figures may be wrong). BUT Sony are fighting a format battle over Blue-ray so as part of this they are basically just giving europes share to N America.

Thing is i wouldn't of bought it at launch anyway but would have waited for a price drop, but if its delayed, that gets delayed too.

But the other problem is the stupid, silly, idiotic price. The system is ?420 or somthing, buy a a HDMI cable and thats ?450 buy a game and its ?500 quid ($800) so thats like wow... i could build a pretty decent gaming PC machine for that.

So its a Wii and a PC upgrade for me :) Which now i come to think about it is much better.

Oh and casey is of course right the other disapointing thing is that if Sony got the way of Sega (im talking games, i know Sony is HUGE) that give MS yet another monoploy :o

Lets just hope its the Wii that does well out of this.

Posted Image

#7 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:22 PM

Except that it would be in NTSC picture format which would not be compatible with european TV's.

But this is a bummer for people in Europe and probably not the best idea on Sony's part. I suspect that whoever was responsible for distributing/producing the diodes is no longer employed. :P

Then buy an American T.V. you hippies! (Highly unlikey lol) But, whats next, "The T.Vs plugs, like dont totally fit the like...uhh whats da word? Oh the thingy mabobber thing you plug it into. durrr." says Drack. Oh come on i'm jk around. Canadians...can't take a joke...

P.S. Dracky, guess wat? I got a job so i ain't a hippy!
...Tehe.

#8 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:44 PM

Actually, there are deeper problems than just the a/v cables matching up.

What is it, refresh rates? There's probably a definitive guide somewhere on the net.

#9 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:04 PM

.... Ok so you are not hippes so what? Just come to America and play mine...it works... I think :biggrin:
...Tehe.

#10 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

They can't just buy american tv's. All DVD/VCR/PVR/Etc. players along with the DVD's and VHS tapes that go with them are in PAL format. GAWD!

#11 Faselei

Faselei

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 02:15 PM

There are 3 formats, it about how they encode colour.

You got SECAM (russia, france mainly), NTSC (US, CAN, JAP, S America) and PAL (the rest). NTSC looks all greyish and pastelly, games refresh slower, i think NTSC uses 50hz and PAL 60hz. This is only for analogue though, so as the world goes digital it wont matter (i think?).

Behold me geeky prowes! ... and bad spelling.

Posted Image

#12 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:36 PM

I wish i had geeky powers...maybe...*throws fas into machine* hehehe *starts machine up* ooooohhhhh yeeesss! *fas steps out as a complete idiot* here we go!
*steps into machine* AAAAAHHHHHHHHH. VROOOOOM VROOOOM! *steps out with a head 2 times the size of last one* YAAAAY! E=mc2, pie X 5 + 2 = 17. Ok this suks. *rewinds with a magic remote that controls the space time continuam that i made* Well at least i can do Origami. *makes a squirrl wizzing on nals shoe* :biggrin: Hmmm than i got it. how about you...well...wait 2 years i guess? Who cares really cause i got me a bango.
...Tehe.

#13 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:59 PM

...Was there even ANYTHING in that post related to anything at all in this thread?

#14 Moose

Moose

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:30 PM

somtimes i worry about u ricko. we really need to brainwash this kid.
Posted Image

#15 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:41 AM

:unsure: :sad: But I like my brain how it is. :sad: :sad:Oh i dont think so. I just gone crazy. Guess what? There is this new PS3 attachment or somethin that allows you to play multiplayer online on the PS3 for free. Its sweet.
...Tehe.

#16 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:07 AM

Umm...PS3 has built in networking and the more expensive one has wireless. There is no attachment needed.

#17 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:12 PM

I didn't know that. Do people ever tell me these things? No..
...Tehe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users