160 replies to this topic

#121 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:34 AM

What are you talking about the "find" command? Firefox's works perfectly. IE's is a piece of crap. Ever tried to F3 (like you'd do in any/every other program that has a text search function) to find the next occurence of the word in a page? Well if you have you know it doesn't work. It opens up a stupid search pane that I've never used and never will use because it's worthless. If you want to find the next text you have to open that stupid little window and have it open the whole time. I don't understand how you can say that IE has a good find function...or for that matter how IE is good in any manner other than that of being able to download virus' and such without the user even having to do anything at all. Either way, this is off topic so I will stop here. :P

#122 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:God, guitar, computers, reading, drawing, DDR, webcomic.

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:11 PM

What exactly are you having problems with? I'd be happy to help.

If you can make me a working "find" text command in fire fox, not only will I become a turn coat, but I'll assasinate IE. But until that point, me and and internent explorer are bed buds.

Simmer down, Drackir wants to help me! :deathstare:

Ha ha just kidding, bud.

Well, I think I have found myself a webmaster now, he's studying graphic/web design in college. :lol: He's also going to help me fix the box size (thanks, Moose!). as for the colour... I love the colour! :cry:

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#123 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Ninja, anime and pie, in that order.<br><br>ask casey for more.

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

Love is of no consequence if your site is garish and bulky, you can't read any of the selections at the bottom.
Posted Image

#124 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:33 PM

What are you talking about the "find" command? Firefox's works perfectly. IE's is a piece of crap. Ever tried to F3 (like you'd do in any/every other program that has a text search function) to find the next occurence of the word in a page? Well if you have you know it doesn't work. It opens up a stupid search pane that I've never used and never will use because it's worthless. If you want to find the next text you have to open that stupid little window and have it open the whole time. I don't understand how you can say that IE has a good find function...or for that matter how IE is good in any manner other than that of being able to download virus' and such without the user even having to do anything at all. Either way, this is off topic so I will stop here. :P

Agreed, I'm sort of an IE nazi anyways, so you'll get nowhere with me anyways. (Don't worry, otherwise I hate the MS...)

#125 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:15 AM

Love is of no consequence if your site is garish and bulky, you can't read any of the selections at the bottom.

... You're garish and bulky!

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#126 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:45 PM

Now kinewa, we'll have no bad comments for you, else I'll bring out the newspaper to swat your nose. :P

#127 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Ninja, anime and pie, in that order.<br><br>ask casey for more.

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:01 PM

yes, be civil, I guess it just goes to show that functionality takes a backseat to obstinance
Posted Image

#128 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:32 PM

:lol:

Obstinance comes with being a girl.

#129 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

Firefox and IE both have functioning text search functions. CTRL+F to enter a string, CTRL+G to find the next occurrence.
Firefox's is, of course, a whole lot better. It isn't intrusive, doesn't open a new window, includes next/previous buttons, has the capability to match case, and even features a Highlight All function. And hey, it's been open at the bottom of my page for who knows how long. I just noticed it when I was looking specifically for it.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#130 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:40 PM

*spams* F3 for Find Next! Not in IE! F3 for Find Next! Not in IE! F3 for Find Next! Not in IE! F3 for Find Next! Not in IE! F3 for Find Next! Not in IE! F3 for Find Next! Not in IE! F3 for Find Next! Not in IE!

*note: I can do this cause I pay for the hosting. :P

#131 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

That's awesome.
It's still a fairly responsible use of spamming techniques, though.

#132 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:44 AM

umm...F3 has that exact function...find next...in IE...i can't say anything for or against firefox as i have never used it but the find feature in IE is quite simple to use and it has all the features casey mentioned in the firefox version (minus the highlight all) and it isn't really that intrusive. as you could move it to the side or to the bottom of the page...

Ps. this is on IE 7
Ummm...Yay?

#133 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:41 AM

No! In IE it opens the stupid search pane! Must be IE 7, I use 6...well I don't use it but that's what I have. IE 7, now there is an outdated worthless piece of crap if I've ever seen one. It finally integrates features that all the other browsers have had for years while being able to change the interface and completely confuse non-tech savvy people who just want to know what happened to their bookmarks. Way to go M$....*shakes head*

#134 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:35 PM

Oh goodness. The situation in my household is terrible. I am no longer allowed to speak the word "Firefox."

It kills me everytime I have to use IE to get online!

#135 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:13 AM

*cough* opera *cough*

#136 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:21 PM

Yeah, her situation is horrible.
Firefox is the devil, because in order to use it you must first... download it. That means Opera is out too.

Just don't let him find out about how the internet works. Temporary Internet Files? The whole fact that in order to see something, it must exist on your hard drive? Yeah, that wouldn't go over well.

Seriously though. That's just technophobia. Downloading random crap I can understand.

Hm.... Don't you think someone with authority might be able to talk some sense into the man? Someone like.... Drackir?

#137 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:43 PM

He has already rebutted the even concept to such a conversation. He doesn't trust any of my 'geeky friends' because we are young and don't know what we are talking about.

PS He downloaded Limewire. <_< :blink:

#138 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:46 PM

...Yah, my parrents used to tell me that all the time... Till I got angry and made his computer play "I'm a little tea pot", ever time he hit the "T" key.

Yah, but that burns me up. generally speaking kids actually know more then there parrents 'bout computers on average. for christ sakes we grew up with the things. <_<

#139 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:51 PM

Limewire? By all that is holy, what was he thinking?

IGNORANT PEOPLE MAKE ME SO ANGRY!
They don't know anything, and they don't care. If I am ever like that... please, just shoot me.

#140 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:04 PM

Heh heh. I'll check up on you every few years or so, just to make sure you're okay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users