11 replies to this topic

#1 Duma

Duma

Sig Competition Winner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:22 PM

Know how I said I'd post things once I found access to a scanner? I found a past work on my flash drive of Photoshop work I did a long, long time ago in 2005. Ah, ComTech.

Moving on!
If it has stock photos, I will say so, and all credit there to the stock photographers.

First!
A Blue Glass Button
Usual, hum drum tutorial following, and I can't remember much of how to do it now, but that reflecting 'profesh' thing helped in a tiny competition. (All work from scratch).

Second!
A Red Necklace
Stock photo of a necklace, I added the red inset stones (if that's what they look like) from 'scratch', and some brushwork.

Third!
A Corset Piercing
Stock photo of woman's back; all else from scratch. At the time, this was the piece I was most proud of, aside from a rough mouse drawing based on a Hindu myth, but that'll be here, later.
Anyway! I'm now seeing more photos of actual corset piercings, and they're much better than this :D. Also, the ribbons don't line up worth crap when you look at them, but I like the shading with the hooks.

And that is all for now.

#2 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:22 PM

I didn't like the first two at all. they were easy to tell they were fakes. However, the third one was utter genius.

For starters, let me say, I read the discriptions AFTER I view the art. And on the last one, when I saw it, I thought "Owch, thats gotta hurt! Artistic or not, I would never allow pericings like that..." then I read the discriptions. The color tone is fabulous, the alignment is off. But it makes it look more REAL, and thats what I like. The shadows as well are perfect, and the hooks have a completely balanced perspectice. That is a piece of art to be very proud of.

#3 Duma

Duma

Sig Competition Winner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:47 PM

:D Thank you! And I agree - the first two are really just the equivalent of doodling (same amount of work involved, as well).
Real corset piercings are much nicer to look at, and tend not to look like they hurt (bmezine.com for that one) and aren't meant to stay for very long.

~ Edit: Fixed your post for you. :) ~Drack ~

#4 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:God, guitar, computers, reading, drawing, DDR, webcomic.

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:31 PM

*Looks at corset piercings* Eeee! Oooh! Owww! And yet skillful!

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#5 Duma

Duma

Sig Competition Winner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:04 PM

(Thank you, Drack! :D)

Right; here's just a really quick sketchy speed paint whatsit I did now that I have GIMP :D It's nothing I'm proud of, but it's nice to use all those Photoshoppy elements again.

Posted Image

...that part below the index finger on the right is glaring at me now. Too bad!

I really want to throw a bunch of sketches in here, and I will soon! Haha, 56kers will rue that day indeed.

#6 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:14 PM

:sad: my connection speed is only 28.8k i feel so wrong *shudder*
Ummm...Yay?

#7 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:20 AM

(Thank you, Drack! :D)

Right; here's just a really quick sketchy speed paint whatsit I did now that I have GIMP :D It's nothing I'm proud of, but it's nice to use all those Photoshoppy elements again.

*Image*

...that part below the index finger on the right is glaring at me now. Too bad!

I really want to throw a bunch of sketches in here, and I will soon! Haha, 56kers will rue that day indeed.

Hmmm... you drew hands on gimp.

I can't draw them hands.

You can...

Help me? :biggrin:

#8 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:17 PM

Duma, that picture is absolutely amazing. :o I love it. :lol:

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#9 Duma

Duma

Sig Competition Winner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:38 PM

Right, just a quick thingy-

This is the rough thing on an endeavor to recreate my younger sister's 'dance' she does when nervous - it's rather easy: hop to either foot, elbows at 90degrees at the waist, wave hands in a fan-style.

Anyway!
Legs:

Posted Image

Although the more I see them, the more they look like they're running.

#10 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:45 AM

Oh poor Jo! :P

#11 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:53 PM

Thats kinda like my happy dance... other then the fact my happy one has you slightly crouched and then hands in fists by your face. With a big stupid grin.

#12 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:37 PM

I really like my friends' mannerisms. They amuse me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users