10 replies to this topic

#1 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:28 PM

I have been given the task of setting up a website for a business I do co-op work with and I was wondering if anyone (especially you, Dracky) had any experience or suggestions to share.

#2 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:56 PM

I have much experience and many suggestions. But I need more infos! :lol: What exactly are you going to do with this website? What langauge are you going to use? Have you thought about hosting (or will they take care of that)?

#3 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:24 PM

The site is basically for displaying information about the business. The business itself deals with photo restoration. I'm not 100% on what they want yet, but it will display pictures and it needs to have a section where you can actually buy these pictures. And we are also toying with the idea of putting up streaming video of the central town.
Also, we are not sure about hosting yet. I said something about getting our own server for the business and my boss said that it was up to me to decide what we need.

#4 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:28 PM

Hmms. Are you going to try to sell the things online or just redirect sales to the store? Also, what experience do you have with making websites and such?

#5 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:34 PM

I'm not sure which way they want me to set up the store yet.

I've designed stuff on dreamweaver with flash in it. I know some basic HTML. As far as setting up a website myself, the only real experience is what I have with the space you gave to me. I have never set up a domain before.

#6 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:40 AM

Right now, I'm thinking of getting web hosting from godaddy.com. I'll probably get the deluxe plan if I do.
The address I'm thinking of using is "Maverickstudioweb.com".

Also, if any of you feel so inclined to help, I need some sort of banner to be made. I'll scan in the business card for inspiration later.

#7 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

Right now, I'm thinking of getting web hosting from godaddy.com. I'll probably get the deluxe plan if I do.

Also, if any of you feel so inclined to help, I need some sort of banner to be made. I'll scan in the business card for inspiration later.

make you a deal coretexs. You get me adobe photoshop 5+ on disk, and I'll do anything you want short of love slave.

#8 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:01 PM

make you a deal coretechs. You get me adobe photoshop 5+ on disk, and I'll do anything you want short of love slave.

Hm... I'll see what I can do. I know they have photoshop 6 and I know my brother has 7. But I don't know if either of them are willing to share.

Or... You could attempt to use The GIMP.

#9 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:08 PM

Both of you check your PMs.

#10 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:15 PM

It's like Christmas! And all I got in my pmbox was hate mail from Mizukage...

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#11 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:33 PM

Maybe you could do something with that, or you may want to be more original. See what you can come up with.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users