44 replies to this topic

#1 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:21 AM

Discuss any issues you have here. I will also make announcements here, so check the thread often. Don't worry about missing anything important though, as I will mention something in the main thread if it is critically important.

#2 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:24 PM

I'm considering using an NPC while we wait for one more person to join. Because of the way the teams work (one on one matches - if the winning team loses a member, they gain the member that killed them), this would work. What do you guys think?

#3 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:36 AM

sounds fine with me
Ummm...Yay?

#4 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Ninja, anime and pie, in that order.<br><br>ask casey for more.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:36 PM

sounds fine with me, how will the battles be carried out? is there any chance for me to be able to use my calvary skills?
Posted Image

#5 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

Alright, I'll post shortly. Sorry I ignored everything yesterday and most of today, but I finally rented God of War II.

Mizukage, I severely doubt that you'll be able to use them until after we get out of the dungeon/arena. But there will be ample opportunity to use those abilities then, as I plan to have one hell of a battle royale at that point.

#6 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:26 PM

beautiful, I simply wished to clarify so that I could predict my actions in the eventual combat. and battle royale, are we talking Warzone here?
Posted Image

#7 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:43 PM

Miz - Yes, we are. And I was able to make it very fitting to historical events.

Also, what's up? I'd never have expected to be waiting on YOU to post.

#8 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:14 PM

sorry babe, the world waits for my corination. I WILL be the prettiest fairie!
Posted Image

#9 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

I figured I'd post this just so you guys don't get your character's killed not knowing some things about our enemy -

Grand Phoenix - Pillar of Might (Fire Essence)

A massive bird with feathers of scarlet and gold. Its body is hot and fiery, and its wings more mighty even than the flames it is able to summon from thin air. Its power is unmatched, and its speed as grand as his power. Being airborne makes him difficult to hit, and arrows cannot pass the gust created by his mighty wings. The beast suffers only one fatal flaw - A lack of energy to keep up with its awesome power. That is not to say, however, that it is easily fatigued...

AP: 500 (All others have 1500+)

Moveset -

Golden Burst - Unleashes flames capable of incinerating any man The craggy rocks of the volcano can hardly stand up to its might. This move consumes 90 AP.

Flamethrower - His basic attack. Spews flames from his beak. Consumes 10 AP.

Phoenix Storm - With a mighty gust of his wings, a storm of fireballs rains down from the skies, each one with explosive power. Consumes 100 AP.

Shield of Might - Covers himself in a thick coat of golden flames. This lasts for a short amount of time, but completely nullifies any chance of a physical attack. Its heat can be felt from several yards away, and up close, it would melt any blade, and incinerate any man. Consumes 150 AP per use.

Rage of the Phoenix - Causes the entire volcano to erupt with the power of a super volcanoe such as Mt. St. Helen's. This is cast at the moment of death, and if his ashes are to mix with the lava, he will be resurrected with full AP. Obviously, this can be used only once.

Megell, NOW do you see why defense can conquer this one? Haha. :P

#10 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

hmm, so, we just wait it out? what happens when it runs out of AP?
Posted Image

#11 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

damn...well i just get to look pretty for a while :D
Ummm...Yay?

#12 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:12 PM

yeah, I was hoping for a more physical battle as well, no loss i guess.
Posted Image

#13 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:33 PM

He'll be conservative with the big attacks. Don't worry, we still get to actually do stuff. He's not gonna just spam his big guns and such.

Oh, and when he runs out of AP, he stops using his fire stuff and jsut attacks us physically. That's when the real physical battle begins. We have to actually kill him, he doesn't just die.

#14 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:35 PM

standard dragon style attacks? wings, claws and beak?
with a fire effect or not?
Posted Image

#15 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:47 PM

Pretty much.

As for the fire, he still has minimal control. As you saw, the rising spirals of flame, though mostly for effect, didn't take any AP. A few flaming pecks and such should be expected.

#16 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:33 PM

Man. I really wish we'd have gotten wind... He wwould have easily been the most awesome battle for all of us. He never really neutralized anything, but rather weakened virtually everything. Just for kicks and the desire to look back at what might have happened...

Valla - Pillar of Mind (Wind Essence)

A mostly humanoid, and surprisingly little larger than human sized (about eight feet in height) figure, save for two massive dragon-like wings that don't seem to be attached to his lizard-like body in any way. An upright, heavily armored, and very viscious lizard-like being, he strikes fear into even the bravest men. His shining emerald eyes are entrancing, but those who stare at their beauty for even a second will find themselves impaled by one of the many lightning-charged blades that surround him. This beast has no particular strengths or weaknesses.

AP: 3000 (The highest amount)

Moveset -

Blades of Thunder - Not so much an attack as it is a passive skill. Four blades charged with electricity following magnetized trails he creates are present at all times. This consumes a constant AP of 50 per post. (Unless the post is an overlapping time frame, such as "While X, Y, and Z were doing [x], A did [y]")

Spiral Thunder - Moves the blades around him in a tornado-like fashion, defending at attacking at the same time. This lasts for 3 posts (unless the posts are overlapping), and consumes 100 AP per post while in effect.

Blade of Black Wind - Summons a blade created entirely of wind mixed with the dark essence. Consumes 1000 AP, and lasts for the rest of battle or until GM says otherwise (I am the GM, btw.)

Blade of Shining Wind - Summons a blade created entirely of wind mixed with the light essence. Consumes 1000 AP and lasts for the rest of battle, or until the GM says otherwise.

(These two attacks are generally used simultaniously, and last even when AP is gone)

Thunder Flicker - A teleportation move. Moves in a lightning bolt to any location. Consumes 500 AP. Note that the thunder bolt can be highly damaging.

Charge - Takes two posts to activate. Sets up all four blades and calls a massive amount of thunder from the sky. After the two posts end, he is struck by a surge of thunder that restores 1000 AP.

Damn dice system... I should have just put us against this one for fun.

#17 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:04 PM

Impressive, I never did like fliers.

before the next battle, how about some character development? you know, team bonding kinda thing? what little was mentioned in the bios was not very all encompasing, how did we end up in the prison, where is it? what's going on? that kinda thing.
Posted Image

#18 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:42 PM

Agreed. How about the other guys?

#19 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:55 PM

that's quite fine with me but don't expect much from me i'm currently recovering from wisdom tooth removal....all four
Ummm...Yay?

#20 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

Ouch. Sorry to hear that... but, isn't it an excuse for ice cream? ... Wait, no, that's tonsils. I can't think of anything good that comes with wisdom tooth removal.

Suck it up, wimp! X_x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users