Photo

So... Do pokemon ever eat other pokemon?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:29 AM

Nah, I'm just really curious. Do pokemon eat other types of pokemon? Do pokemon actually ever kill people? If so, why do we put em with humans?

#2 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:57 AM

Hah! I've thought this myself.
Morally speaking, how does one eat when his entire environment consists of sentient, fully conscious beings? (drawing from the animated series)
Is it ok to eat a Magikarp? Do they have feelings?
Militank's milk can be fed to other pokemon.
One pokemon grows berries, which can be fed to pokemon as well.
Is this the equivalent to eating the ear of a person? A toe?

Pearl and Diamond dive ever so slightly deeper into the interactions of pokemon and humans throughout history. Floaroma town, for instance, has this history:
People killed off pokemon to the point of extinction. Then they realized (too late) that what they were doing was wrong. So they apologized and a legendary pokemon (yes you can catch him) appeared and covered the area with flowers. This led the humans and the pokemon in the area to learn to co-operate.

The fishermen have always perplexed me. Are they fishing to eat? Why do so many of them only have Magikarp? And, since Magikarp seem to be the lowest form of fish, and everywhere, is it ok to eat one?
And if Magikarp are ok, is there a distinction when it comes to Gyarados? Or are evolved pokemon off the list of available meat?

Stantler is a deer pokemon, but so rare that it is probably protected under some hunting act. What happens if one jumps in front of your car? (Yes, there are motorized vehicles, as seen in the first few minutes of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald; the moving truck)

I'd be really interested in tasting some legendary pokemon. Barbecue up some Mewtwo. Watch out for the Rayquaza, it's a bit stringy.

I suppose my biggest issue has been the completely overbearing human aspect in completely owning every possible species in the wild. If you think about it, it's all about dominating nature. You? Get in this ball which may in the future be hurled at your relatives at which point you will render them unconscious and utterly unable to defend themselves in the wild, most likely to be ripped apart by predators. There's also a very large chance that you'll just be left in a ball in a box, forgotten until the end of time.

Hm. There are pokedex entries that mention pokemon feeding off of other pokemon. I'll try to dig one up if you remind me.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#3 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Ninja, anime and pie, in that order.<br><br>ask casey for more.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:34 AM

~ Again with this. Stop. ~

Edited by Drackir, 16 May 2007 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:32 PM

~ Post removed. ~

*slaps him twice*

YOU ARE WORSE THEN HITLER SIR!

lol, jk, jk.

Anyways that pretty much answeres my question casey. But didn't team rocket mention magicarp with butter as a meal? <_<

#5 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:00 PM

I'm not an expert on the animated series, I've only seen to completion the first five episodes. I assume that the buttered Magikarp quote is from there.

Though that seems to imply that it would be a particularly cruel thing to do, so perhaps I'll have to rethink my theory.

Every pokemon has its roots in nature, though. There are shrubs, insects, grazers, predators, dragons... There's an entire food chain. I would have to say that pokemon, being created to fit niches in nature, would certainly have the capacity for carnivorous behaviors.

#6 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:37 PM

then where do those rock like pokemon come into play? you know, like the gravel guy? or the others? they are rocks.
Posted Image

#7 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:54 AM

Elementals. Causal myths. What makes the wind blow? What makes the flowers grow? What makes embers glow? The kami, the underlying spirits.
Although the incarnation of myth, they still need to fit in with the order of nature. Thus, geodude eats (though I suspect it eats rocks, which is kind of cannibalistic).

#8 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:03 AM

Elementals. Causal myths. What makes the wind blow? What makes the flowers grow? What makes embers glow? The kami, the underlying spirits.
Although the incarnation of myth, they still need to fit in with the order of nature. Thus, geodude eats (though I suspect it eats rocks, which is kind of cannibalistic).

Well he could eat raw minerals like cacium. But thats a little hard to come by...

#9 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:50 PM

but with such reasoning, all pokemon are merely a manefestation of the elements, your kami as you say it, and they do not need to eat, merely exist.
Posted Image

#10 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:32 PM

Ah, yes, but they are manifestations of the elements as they would be in nature. Bound, as it were, by nature's laws. Perhaps they could be considered a step apart from elemental beings.

"GRAVELLER grows by feeding on rocks." (Ruby)
Regarding Ratatta: "It eats anything. Wherever food is available, it will settle down and produce offspring continuously." (Gold)
Many more references to this act. Thus, they have digestive tracks, and as proven by Ratatta's entry, sex drives.

Legends bound by flesh, I'd say. This is how they would be if you waited in a volcano while it erupted. This is the beast that digs underground and causes earthquakes.

#11 Keisad

Keisad

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

Where's Waldo?

The Pokemon are feeding off his rotting corpse, along with the other humans they captured for food. They keep in them in a pen where they eat the older generations once they have produced offspring.

Don't call me sick, I'm just morbidly creative.

And some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users