3 replies to this topic

#1 KoopaTroopaZ

KoopaTroopaZ

Lead Developer

• Game Staff
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:51 PM

You should make it so if a monster drops an item it auto goes in your inventory...thus would elminate stealing

if your in a party all the items go into a pool and after so long of a time the items randomly get distributed between the party...but also there should be a point system dependant on what you do while in the party so you can put your points on an item you definatly want and whoever puts the most points down gets that item...all other items would be random to who they give them to but only the members in the map get chosen for the item(s)and if people put the same ammount of points on an item.it randomly chooses between the number of players that put the number of points down

Also you should show what items are in the pool and what points are laid down on it....but don't show who

#2 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:43 AM

Stealing is a very important part of party mechanics. The 'first come first serve' basis rewards players, encourages players to try harder, creates excellent drama and strengthens group interactions.

If you'd ever played Legend of Zelda: Four Swords with four people, you'd have a very good idea of where I'm going with this. The most fun parts of the game were throwing players down cliffs (and getting thrown down cliffs), stealing equipment like the roc's feather, hitting players with hammers, all in a mad rush for points. Insane, yes, but so very fun.

It's my opinion that players will reject this carefully design system as being 'unfair'.
'I was the one who picked it up, I was the one who actually killed the monster, why the heck does he get it?'
This makes it our fault for making an 'EVERYTHING IS CAREFULLY ENFORCED' system
Whereas, in a first come first serve basis, no one can fault the person who grabs the item and keeps it, but also no one can blame the system.

Also, your proposed system would pretty much negate any point to PVP, which is a very important and healthy aspect of any MMORPG.

So instead, encourage players to use their minds, to be faster and more aware. Competition is healthy.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#3 KoopaTroopaZ

KoopaTroopaZ

Lead Developer

• Game Staff
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:59 AM

Yeah I guess....it would make them try harder to get points to put down for the item..but whateve it was just an idea

btw...Zelda fourswords...one of the best multiplayer games ever

#4 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Interests:KITTY!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

Automatically picking up items sounds nice, if you had stocks of same items, otherwise inventory space would go by fast.. so maybe auto for certain level items and up, and you can control the level settings, so as you level you can raise the level setting so you'd only pick up items worth picking up. This sadly might only work with equips though.. :(
...Tehe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users