31 replies to this topic

#21 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:47 PM

So tell me, how in A Wonderful Life do you get the help of the gnomes? Could it be that you can't?? That would disappoint me.

As for Harvest Moon being simplistic, that's precisely why it's so charming. Take a break from executive rush/panic and deadlines, videogames (ironically) and complications, and spend some time in a life that is simple, yet more edifying. Simple, but good.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#22 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:37 PM

You must be able to...google time! Awww: 7. No Harvest Goddess. There're the harvest sprites, but no Goddess. Also, you can't get the Sprites to work for you.

That really blows! But what can you do? :P

#23 Nalyid

Nalyid

Padawan Mapper

• Game Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:28 AM

maby someone finally makes an automated crop harvester *sighs*

#24 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:52 AM

Blarg! No slaves for me? Hm... The least they could offer is a weather machine. I'd make it rain just before and just after I let the animals out. I can't stand watering every single square... No way could I ever fill any of the plots of land with plants. It's impossible to water that much in a day!!

#25 Nalyid

Nalyid

Padawan Mapper

• Game Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:10 AM

oh, gord check out nintendo.ca there is a new harvest moon out for the cube, looks sweet

#26 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:14 PM

Sweet. Seems a lot more true to the SNES game. And huzzah, gnome slave-labour galore!

*kicks IGN for being stupid*
I can't stand it...

#27 Nalyid

Nalyid

Padawan Mapper

• Game Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:37 AM

lol, yes glade i could help :lol:, it says it plays like animal crossing... i have always wanted to try that game, but i have no nintendo system that can play it...and i would like to try pikman

#28 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:40 AM

Pikmin=good
Animal Crossing=bad
No, really, it sucks. It may be a little like harvest moon, except that you don't have a farm. All you do is deliver letters and stuff. It's stupidly simplistic and rendered poorly.

Pikmin, however, is neat. Hm... Think of it a bit like an RTS... Think Warcraft or something. Now you, the main character, are walking around among all of the worker/fighter orcs as you direct them to work/fight/etc. A really neat feature: grabbing Pikmin and chucking them. Yep. They get attack bonuses if they land on the target, and chucking them is also useful for targeting hard-to-reach areas.
The story is that you crash-landed on an alien planet and you have to collect all the pieces of your ship before you can book it.
Makes me want to play again...

Oh, let me tell you something that will help you a darn lot on one certain area... THE RED GUYS ARE IMMUNE TO FIRE. I never realized this, which is why I got frustrated and quit all those other times.

#29 Faselei

Faselei

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:43 PM

Sorry to drag up the day/night thing again...

Hmm, well i suppose the simplest way of night / day is simply by regionalising it. Which would be a shame, one of the reason 'none commercial' MMOs are so much fun is you get to play with anyone who you can understand (ie. English speakers). I much prefer talking to people from the US or CA or AU than the (although wonderfull) Dutch, and Danish. (English speaking European MMO servers always have tons of Dutch and Danish on them).... Does that sound weird? Maybes but personal pref i suppose.

The other option would be 1 hr day / 1 hr night or 6 hrs day / 6 hrs night? W/o having played it cant say whether that would work of course.

DS Version soon though - Yippee!

Don't post here ever again.

Posted Image

#30 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:53 PM

Yeah I am really curious how they will handle it but we shall see in time...if they ever come out with anything. :P

#31 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:43 PM

Well, keep us up to date. As soon as you know anything...

#32 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:14 PM

Ha ha. You have the net just as much as I do so your guess is as good as mine. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users