#61 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:02 AM

Miguel hit his head hard on something, and then the world went black.

He awoke lying in what appeared to be a beautiful mansion. Like the ones his parents used to own in the northern part of the land: large, comfortable, and relaxed. He looked around, was this the after life? He surmised as much, but he wasn?t to impressed by it however. The furniture looked like something from a old tacky catalogue, the ones his mother used to order furniture from, the lay out of the room was uneconomic, in fact it was just disastrous. There was a fireplace burning with what appeared to burning ancient oak wood from the musty smell. Any fool new you don?t burn oak in this season because the wood, pregnant with sap, would burn non-economically and cost you a fortune.

He stood up and began to survey the rest of the room. It was large, perhaps a ballroom of some sort, or maybe a stateroom of dignitaries? He didn?t really care which; he apparently was not in hell, where he had figured he was going to end up. Apparently those last minute prayers can work wonders. To the far side of the room were several large chairs and a pool table lined with ivory and ebony. They gave the look of an almost zebra like fashion. To the other side of the room was a bar; it had numerous glasses, vices, and other such devices behind it. Miguel smiled, God was supposed to be a stuffy guy, but apparently he drank like an animal. Miguel wanted to meet the big guy and congratulate him for being such a wise and kind god.

Miguel head towards the bar sat down at one of the stools and began to look around for a waiter. He saw nobody so he began to lean forward over the bar. He saw nobody still so he leaned farther forward and began to reach for one of the bottles. At that moment he heard a voice yell out, ?Better not do that hun, else you?ll spoil it~!? He paused, then turned his attention back to the pool table, were the voice had come from. He saw a woman in a black dress coming towards him.

She was indescribably beautiful. She was wearing a tight black dress, had here long blond hair put up into a bun, and had deep blue eyes. He felt like he was reflecting into some ancient legend of some goddess. And who knew, maybe he was. He stared at her as she crossed to the other side of the bar, stood behind it and leaned forward flirtatiously resting her head on her hand, yet still giving ample room for Miguel to gaze down at her? ample endowments.

She spoke again, ?so darling, how about some Champaign in celebration?? She turned away, then grabbed a bottle from the side of the bar, grabbed two glasses then returned too Miguel. She fiddled with the cork for a while, and then managed to pop it off. At the same time a geyser of the fluid shot out of the bottle, and nailed Miguel on the body. He stared at the girl with a little disappointment, sighed and closed his eyes. This must be purgatory. Suddenly he felt something warm brush up against his arm, it was the girl. She had crossed over from the other side of the bar, and now was leaning against him, bosoms in his face. She moved her mouth down to his cheek, and licked it. ?Mmmmmm? you taste good~!? she said cheerily and seducing.

?SCORE ONE FOR THE HEAVEN THEORY!? Miguel?s mind screamed to himself while tears of joy streamed down his face. Then he noticed something? the smell? it wasn?t Champaign at all? it appeared to smell of an 87 vintage whisky, most likely a northern brand. Miguel opened his eyes? and looked at the girl? she was holding a lit match. She spoke again ?Welcome to hell.? And with that she dropped the match on him.

He felt a burning sensation run all over his body. He felt like he was on fire, he wanted to die! He wanted to run, but he couldn?t move.

At this moment Miguel came fully too. He sat up from his lying position all at once and started to scream in a horrid painful voice. He jumped off from the ground and began to run around like a fool, quickly patting at his the cuts he had all over his body. Someone had put alcohol into his owwies. He ran around until finally the pain subsided a bit, and then glanced around him. There appeared to be a number of people now staring at him in an utter loss of words.

The first, and the closest appeared to be some sort of knight. He had a sword, chain mail, and other such devices. Though at first glance it was hard to tell since he had a scrawny size for a warrior, and he was wearing his chain mail in his belt. The next appeared to be a young boy, kind of a little scrap of humanity. There was also a poorly dressed one, he was in sort of a patchy, and poorly dyed cloak of some sort. ?Kind of a dredge?, was Miguel?s instant opinion of him. Finally there was some old man, the kind he would pay a few shillings to clean up a stable.

He had been saved by a bunch of misfits by the looks of it?

However, seizing the opportunity to make an? impression? he launched himself towards one of them in an overly dramatic, happy way. He grasped the legs of the want-to-be knight and forced his arms around the mans legs in bear hug, at the same time he began to repeat over and over again in a happy, thankful voice. ?THANK YOU! OH THANK YOU SIR!?

#62 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:45 AM

What had Leon gotten himself into? Was everybody in this area completely insane, or was he just unlucky? Whatever the case, he could only look on in disbelief as the merchant put on a humorous scene. And then he couldn't help but be a little bit awkward as he latched onto his legs and thanked him.

"With pleasure. However, I did nothing... You'd want to speak to the elderly one over there, " Leon said, pointing to the mysterious man of the wood. "It was he who aided you. You may also want to thank the odd one climbing in the tree like some sort of deformed squirrel man. And this child for having the courage to set fire to a tree. I did nothing however, so your thanks are very misdirected."

He'd have liked to take credit for something, but he really hadn't done anything useful. He felt a bit left out, really. Here he was, going out of his way to help the people of the destroyed town, and he couldn't even help a merchant...

"So, shall you explain what has happened, or should I?" Leon asked of the boy. He knew the details better than Leon, though he seemed a bit speechless.

#63 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Ninja, anime and pie, in that order.<br><br>ask casey for more.

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:18 PM

The trees, Beasts? "As I have noticed, but the kitsune won't be caught with his tail between his legs. Yes Boy, tell the people."

I step out from behind the tree that had been set aflame, having snuck out of sight during the proceedings.

" I would certainly like to here all accounts myself"

Posted Image

#64 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:15 AM

Miguel looked at the man whose legs he was grasping onto for a brief second and sighed out an ?Oh?. He then turned his attention to the wrenched little ?thing? that the knight had told to speak. He moved towards the boy, crawling the entire way, then sat down cross legged about 2 meters in front of him. Like a child waiting for a story from a adult.

#65 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:God, guitar, computers, reading, drawing, DDR, webcomic.

Posted 18 March 2007 - 02:57 PM

Eli began to shiver as everyone's attention focussed on him. All of his life he had been treated as though he were invisible(except for when he was beaten), and this sudden change was quite disarming. He was especially nervous about the old man of the woods. He had heard rumours of men disappearing in this forest, never to be seen again, and wondered if the ancient druid was behind such events.

He began to tell his story, stuttering at first, but as he continued to speak the words came more easily.

"It was two nights ago that the first attack started, but there have been rumours of the mists returning for weeks. Our town is pretty far from the lake, so we don't normally have much fog or dew, but recently it seems that the waters have been reaching into our area during the night."

"Two nights ago, this man arrived at the tavern where I used to work," He guestured to Lolith. "There, he was just finishing telling his story when a man ran into the bar, yelling somehing about the mists. Unfortunately, it was too late. The foggy air was so thick that I could barely see through it!"

"I heard grown men screaming in fear and agony, and ran to hide in a cupboard underneath the bar. I couldn't see much, but I caught a glimpse of a giant creature floating in the air. Its body had these giant blood-covered thorns sticking out of it, and it was dressed in old dirty rags. It was like something out of a nightmare." He shuddered as he recalled the experience.

"I stayed in that little cupboard for hours, even after I no longer heard the creatures. By the time I came out, it was morning, and everyone in the town was gone. That was when I ran into these two." Eli motioned to his companions.

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#66 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:12 PM

The druids eyebrows furrowed with concern. He had never encountered such a thing the boy described, but he had come across old instinctual fears sifting through the minds of the animals, he didn't know these things were still around.
He still didn't know why the group was traveling through his home. Or how that merchant came to be here. So he said

"That still does not tell me why you are traveling through the forest. Why did you not take the safer route around the forest?"

Ummm...Yay?

#67 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:40 PM

Eli shifted a bit, still unnerved by the old man's presence.

"We wanted to take the fastest route possible to Aldreida to warn everyone else. These creatures sound much like those in the histories. The ones that killed the Elves." He made a traditional hand gesture in respect for the fallen race. "We must warn everyone before it is too late!"

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#68 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

" i'll take this one boy, Old man, you are not used to humanity so I will forgive you your ignorance, this forest is well known for its mythical powers, powers I am certain have something to do with your presence. These arte ancient and fearsome beasts that hunt us and we needed to use every trick at our disposal. Not to mention while this is really just an unruly garden it is the fastest path to or destination."

Having settled the issue to my satisfaction I turn to the tattered man fawning over the boy and say,

"what have you got to do with this hmm?"

Posted Image

#69 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:55 AM

Miguel turned as the man, the one in the patchy crude coat. Miguel was right about him, he was as irksome as he appeared, but he wouldn?t let that show. He couldn?t, they might become valuable to his survival. So, rather then show any annoyance, he just stuck with his happy go lucky personality, turned his head to the irritating man and spoke.

?Well if you must know, my name is Miguel Laviler. I?m involved in the Laviler trading company, I?m pretty sure you?ve heard of us.? He paused so he could get a glimpse of the look of shock that he expected to see cross all their faces. He glanced at them, saw that they seemed a little lost, and thus he continued with as sigh. ?Were a moderately priced goods trading company; for those of you who have been living under a bucket. We specialize in the stocking and distribution of food directly.?

He put his arms above his head, then stretched his arms and let out a yawn, he would much rather be sleeping then doing this. ?The other day, my brother and owner of the company, sent me on a job to see if a local town would have a large enough trading potential to set up a shop. Normally I don?t do these jobs, but my brother was a little persistent.? A shiver went down his spine as he thought about how his brother had threatened to lock him in? that confined space. He paused then continued, ?while I was walking out to this nowhere town, I ran amuck with some local thugs, they beat me up and threw me down into this forest and I?ve been here ever since. End of story.?

Miguel decided it would be best to keep the actual story to him self rather then spurt out information that could be traded. If they found the dead beast, he would deny any ties to it. He had taken noticed to the fact that his bag of money was missing, and information could be as valuable as gold in many circumstances. ?Well then?, he went on, ?I?ve told you who I am, now who are you, and do any of you have something to drink. Water perhaps??

#70 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:11 AM

"not so fast, foole. Your story has a few, ahh, minor contradictions."

Laviler huh? this was getting interesting.

"Why are your hands in such poor shape, such deeply fine cuts are not habitual with a long fall into a treeline, nor by any usual hood weapon. plus the fact that the marauders would spare you your life, one of such a wealthy, sordid background. A foolish way to eliminate even an unknown merchant. now, if you please- "

understanding the minds of such gentlemen I pull out a flash of water that I had filled in the well I had spent the night and proffered it mockingly, keeping the other hand obviously on a set of knives.

"the truth if you will, I won't tolerate another lie from a supplicant."

Posted Image

#71 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:14 PM

Miguel was taken back at the man?s observations, though did not outwardly show any sign of this. Rather he laughed loudly and looked straight into the man?s face, trying to recall anything he could about the man. He had known that he was wealthy, that meant he was familiar with the Laviler?s on a more personal basis. ?Probably had run into us before at some trading post.? He thought or at least been within his families trading territory. Miguel was also sure that he had seen this man before? somewhere? like a wanted poster? He remembered now, he had seen him on a wanted poster for a total of twenty thousand gold pieces. Penny change for him, but still a sizeable amount of coin for many.

Still playing it calm and cool, and idiotic. Miguel spoke out again loudly, ?Well I?m not as lack clustered as you imply. I still do stuff for my self; the wounds on my hand come from when I was working with some twine and the fibbers cut my hands. No big secret there. Happens to people all the time.? Miguel put up his hands so the wounds could be examined; he knew that all would buy the story except maybe the ragged one. But he had a way to get out of that problem. Typically, a sane man would not engage an adversary over something as trivial as bad info. Unless the group was flustered and panicked as this one was. This meant that they would probably not fight him until they had a general idea of what his perspective strengths and weaknesses were. And if it came to that, he would simply run. However, he could plea bargain with this man still.

He continued smiling as he talked. ?However we all know the bounty of panic that ensure things being over examined by twenty thousand folds.? As he said this line, he put underlying reference on bounty, inferring to the knight, and twenty thousand referring to the idiot?s price for capture. He had a pretty good feeling that the scrawny swordsman was a bounty hunter, and with him threatening to tell of a huge bounty to the knight on the idiot?s head, should keep the grand fool quite until he had at least better grasp of the situation. ?So lets not jump any gun here,? he went on, never betraying a single whisper of his inner ploy to any others, ?I have no idea why thieves would spare my life, and I suppose I just got lucky!? With that he scratched the back of his head, laughed like a child and reached for the water.

#72 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:18 PM

"I will not allow such squabbling here, if he" pointing to the merchant, "has not told us something then it is for a reason. Besides that if what the boy says is true we must continue on to Aldreida. And I say "we" because this threat affects us all"
The druid then makes a quick gesture and the wolves then turn and head back into the forest
"And to be quite honest I am in need of an adventure. These old bones grow weary and would like to see more of the world"
Walking towards the recently burnt oak he places a hand on it and infuses it with new life. The blackened leaves fall to the ground and new buds replace them immediately. The dead bark peels away leaving what looks like a brand new tree
"Next time you are in this forest please do not harm it or I will not be so...forgiving"

Ummm...Yay?

#73 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:57 PM

"hmmm, noted uji-san. since this is your home, would you do us the favour of taking point? oh, and this-" I shake the flask at Miguel " is for you."

As I toss it to him I quickly cut the bottom out of the leather container, spilling the water all over the ground.

" Remember the price I pay for useless information, half truths and whole lies."

I crouch down to look the startled merchant in the face. 'he dares threaten me?'

"you seem out of touch with the world, the number thirteen is law. keep up merchant, or we'll hmm,ahh, have to lock you up and carry you, the boy has an urgent message and you will not hold him back. Am I clear?"

I stand and turn away from his shudders at my allusions and say with a bow.

"let us away then, if you would uji-san? and sir badtouch can take second, the boy in the centre, then the merchant where I can see him and I'll take vanguard, tu satis?"

Posted Image

#74 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:33 PM

"Who needs a point guard or rear guard while traveling through the trees? It is much faster and safer if I do say so myself, here allow me to open a path"
Leaving his hand on the oak his arm and hand become transulcent and aquire a green tinge. The tree splits at its trunk vertically and opens revealing an inexplicable world.
"It may be startling at first but you can get used to it. Everyone in now i can't keep this open forever. I can get us to the edge of the forest in under a minute come along now"

Ummm...Yay?

#75 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:36 PM

"Now thats service! You first"

I grab Miguel and throw him through the portal following him shortly ready for trouble. 'I love the quickdraw feat!'

Posted Image

#76 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:15 AM

As the party walked through the portal one by one, they found themselves in what seemed to be a completely different dimension. The trees were still there, but their colours were so vibrant that it hurt the eyes. There was no sound here, but they could feel a pressure in their ears that one normally experiences while deep underwater.

Following the ancient druid's lead, they walked between the trees until reaching a giant oak, or what would be an oak in their normal world. The tree had a glow to it, and each person would later swear that they could feel its life force. The druid put his palm against the tree, and as he had done before, he opened up a portal.

Almost reluctantly, they went through the portal, stepping safely back into the familiar. Even the sunshine seemed dim until their eyes could adjust, and everything had a purple tinge to it for the next few minutes. Just as the druid had said, they had made it to the other side of the forest.

#77 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:57 AM

"How i do enjoy that place" the druid said in a almost sorrowful tone. Cheering right up he said "But nevertheless we must continue on to Aldreida"

Trying to hide the visble torment at leaving his home of nearly 40 years he started walking in the direction he thought was the right way. He thought to him self "if i'm headed the wrong way i'll blame it on senility, hmm yes a senile woodsman" he smiled at the thought and continued walking foward.

Ummm...Yay?

#78 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:23 AM

"Hmmm ahhh, an interesting technique, I must get the recipe" I say to the old man that had seemingly twisted time and space to his whim.

"Does this mean that you'll be leaving us? your help was, well, apreciated to say the least. i wouldn't want to keep you from your, ahhh, hermitous duties."

Posted Image

#79 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:54 AM

"Leaving? Like i said before this threat affects us all and so i will help as best i can. I am quite certian the forest can take care of itself for the time being."

"and "the recipe" as you call it is something you must learn from the life around you. Most people don't take the time to smell the roses anymore and have lost touch with the energies all around them."

Ummm...Yay?

#80 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:15 PM

"Don't stop indeed" I murmur as I survey my new surroundings, looking for any sign of a familiar landmark in the glare of the afternoon sun.

"for the record Uji-san, Where EXACTLY are we?"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users