42 replies to this topic

#21 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:13 PM

Alright, so I've decide to extend the date to 11:59pm of the 26th of April 2007.
To make the voting more accurate, I will allow VampCloud to vote.
Also, the voting will occur between the end submission date and 11:59 pm of the 29th.

#22 Duma

Duma

Sig Competition Winner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:27 AM

Mah Sigs, what.

1. First try - Gradient and white paintbrush wth tablet, 2 layers, need to clean up more, in retro.

Posted Image

2. Set down then put back up again. Text by tablet, background: Noise w/ Turbulence, added some Wind, threw in some Noise. Hands by tablet. About 5 layers, if I remember correctly. Bah, it's not showing up as well, here.

Posted Image

3. Last one: Endorsing NIN's new album which has an entire AU around it. Seal owned by NIN or creator, text all mine. Funny numbers also owned by NIN. 6 layers.

Posted Image

#23 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:28 AM

Just to remind everyone, the comp ends at the end of today. Voting starts at midnight.

#24 VampCloud

VampCloud

Nub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:33 PM

Good luck you guys =)

#25 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:God, guitar, computers, reading, drawing, DDR, webcomic.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

Wait for me!

This is basic, but completely original. I used a gradient(Green and black) then added some artistic effects (Brush strokes). I added a fading foreground gradient(White) then deleted an elliptical selection for the shine. The text is glowing because I selected around it, inverted then expanded the selection, and added a colour fill to the layer underneath. Then my favourite effect(Gaussian blur) made it look all pretty.

Oh, and bevel and emboss for that 3-D look.

Anywho, it isn't really a fair contest on account of Duma's totally wicked art skillz. ;)

Attached Files

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#26 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:35 AM

Misread the rules. Deleted.

#27 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:37 AM

I remind all of what I stated in the rules: Voters are supposed to PM me.
Thank you.

#28 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:30 AM

:blink: *Sweat*

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#29 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:15 PM

:blink: *Sweat*

He posted his vote but I asked him to PM it to me. He deleted it in respect of the rules.

ALSO, there have not yet been enough votes yet to make any final judgments. The voting shall continue until the absolute FINAL date of May 1st at 11:59PM.

#30 Moose

Moose

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:45 AM

maybe if voting turns out too spread you could make a finals round sort of thing. so we then vote from the 3 or who had the highest votes this first round.
Posted Image

#31 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

It might turn out that way...
But in the meantime.... I have decided not to vote in order to eliminate bias on my part. And I have removed my images from the competition.

#32 Moose

Moose

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:07 AM

well i dont really see anything wrong with you in the comp too. well... we can all trust you, and you are just another member here so why not?
Posted Image

#33 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

Well basically, I see the votes and depending on what I see, I have the potential to tip the vote. Also, I know several people here, so I don't want to be biased as to who I vote for when I already know the what the potential outcome might be.
Also also, seeing as I am hosting the comp, I don't think it would be right for me to take part in it.

#34 pokey

pokey

Nub

• Beta Testers
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Games 'n' stuff

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:07 AM

oops. I forgot to vote.. and make a final submition. >_<

Posted Image

#35 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:41 AM

Tip it for me, Core! I'm your girlfriend! ;)

Just kidding. I'll play fair.

#36 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:08 AM

Alright... Now is time for me to analyze the votes.

*Jeopardy theme playing in the background*

And the winner of the Siggy Competition, 2007 is...

*Drum roll*

DUMA!!

Congratulations, Duma. Is there anything you'd like to say now that you have been recognized as Fondusis' best siggy creator?

#37 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

Well, do we now tell everyone what we think? Or am I one of the few people willing to give in-depth reviews of every piece?

#38 CoreTechs

CoreTechs

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:15 AM

Now you are free to comment on whoever you want. If you really want to, you can reveal who you voted for or who you would have voted for if you were on time.

#39 VampCloud

VampCloud

Nub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:58 AM

Congrats Duma! =) I thought your sigs were really cool.

#40 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:39 PM

Pokey - Your first submission was rather drab. Not even going to comment on it.

Your second was cool, with an interesting effect. With my current skill level, I'm not entirely sure how you did it. However, it does look nice if you like the green and black theme. I still think it was a bit boring looking though, and the frame rate was a bit too slow. But then, I find most things boring.

Me - I don't even know why I submitted it. It's boring, drab, and I made a very noticeable and very stupid mistake in the bottom left corner. The gradient was poorly done, and I can t hink of a thousand ways to make it SO much better, if I only knew enough about the program to do so.

Vamp - I voted for you, because I think you displayed the most skill with creating a background. They were simple and pleasing to the eye. You managed to pull off simplicity without making it boring, and for that I applaud you.

Duma - Well, you won, so you're obviously good. But it seems most of your selling point was your art rather than within the program that you were using. That's why I didn't vote for you - What you did in the program was very simple. The final products looked nice, though you didn't do much, if you ask me.

Also, your first one displeases me for some reason. Perhaps it is the simplicity of the gradient. I'd have gone back with an eraser and the smudge tool and created more of a misty effect.

Well, that's all I have to say about them. CoreTechs, your second one was decent and your first would have been much better had you used a different font. Quite frankly, it was hideous with that font and the size of it. Even making the font smaller would have made that much better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users