32 replies to this topic

#1 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:23 AM

Hey people so I recently purchased a nintendo DS and an N5 chip and I'm discovering the thing they call Wifi. hehe. Anyone here got a DS and any compatible games? :D

Edit:
Does the word "homebrew" mean anything to any of you? :D

#2 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:God, guitar, computers, reading, drawing, DDR, webcomic.

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

Oh Heck yes.
Harvest moon rune factory
Jump Ultimate Stars
and...*drumroll*
Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles Ring of Fates

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#3 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:57 AM

Hey, Jump Ultimate Stars, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Crystal Chronicles, Dragon Quest Monsters...

And yes, homebrew means a lot to me. Some day I will get one of those chips and have an incredible amount of fun.

Hey, what does it take in the way of code? Will we be seeing Fondusis DS?

What I'd really like to see, and I think would work out quite well interface-wise, is Kingdom of Loathing DS. Ooooh.

Anyways, keep me posted on homebrew discoveries. Where'd you get the N5, anyways? I am hungry for knowledge.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#4 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Interests:KITTY!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:10 PM

I want harvest moon badly. Very very badly.

Anyways: I got Tony Hawks downhill jam
Pokemon Diamond
Nintendogs (Couldn't resist the puppies)
...Tehe.

#5 Moose

Moose

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

oh god, i really don't see the point of that nintendogs game. All you do is poke unwanted puppies?
I've been wanting to get a DS for a while, but i think finding an emulator or just playing my good ol' gamecube would be fine for me.
Posted Image

#6 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:26 PM

I actually switched my N5 for a better chip, a CycloDS Evolution. It's really awesome, it has save states (like SNES emus), supports microSDHC (ie. >2GB), allows you to change screen brightness while playing and doesn't take away your main boot menu. It also comes in a shiny metal tin. If you really want one I can give you the site. They shipped it here next day with normal delivery haha. Sometimes it's great living in the city.
But yeah I have FF:CC-RoF and Zelda. What is this jump business? I guess I'll have to download it and find out. hehe
I played around doing some basic stuff with the DS homebrew style. It's in C and apparently it's quite similar to OpenGL programming though I have just been reading up about the processors and memory cause you gotta be very careful with that stuff, can't load too much in. :P

#7 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:30 AM

That's awesome. Yes, I'd love the site, I'll order it as soon as I get paid.
A) check out http://www.collectin...les.com/colors/
B) Send me some of the stuff you've been working on! I'll run it in emulator until my chip arrives.
C) there are three of us on the forums just a little bit crazy about CC, perhaps some day we can get a campaign running. That would be awesome.
Hey, are there any hacks out there for running local wifi over ip? I'm guessing lag would be an issue, but still, it might be worth it.

Jump Ultimate Stars: if you've ever seen an episode of anime, you'll like this game. It's the sequel to Jump Super Stars and stars something like 400 characters. Around 50 of them are playable, the rest are summons and such. Every character is pulled straight out of a manga series. The craziest by far would be Bo-bobo, because crazy. That show will break your mind with its silly. It's a silly show that takes itself seriously in order to push the silly even further.
Anyways, all the regulars are in there too. Ichigo, Naruto... Many that you've never heard of since the game was never released outside of Japan...
It's Smash Bros. This is what it is.

#8 rickoshay818

rickoshay818

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Interests:KITTY!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:14 AM

Holy shiz, i want that game! Super smash combined with manga, who says 2 goods make a bad! Anyways, tell me more. Bobobobo is stupid. Full metal alchemist is awesome, elfen lied is perverted but cool, naruto is fine, and theres like 1000 more unknown japanese and chinese manga stuff out there, try to look them up, it WOULD BE AWESOME if they had elfen lied in a video game, ripping peoples heads off. :lol:
...Tehe.

#9 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:35 AM

This is the card I got: http://www.electrobe...ution-p-33.html
You need that and a microSD(HC) (not a miniSD, that's different). It would be best to get a 4GB card. You can get a 2GB card for about $15 but a 4GB is about $31 and way worth it. With moonshell you can listen to music and watch movies on the DS so you need more room than just for roms and homebrew. My N5 had a 2GB card and I went and downloaded all the roms I saw that caught my attention and it filled it up but they all fit on my 4GB card with room to spare. (Also you need room for save games and realtime saves if you use them.) If you need a good rom site I found one that has homebrew stuff as well as regular: http://www.dashroms.com/
I downloaded the colours thing. It's pretty neat especially since it utilizes the touch sensitivity of the touch screen.
I got Jump Ultimate Stars too but it's all in Japanese...is there one you can read in english or did you guys somehow get a Japanese copy?

#10 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:55 AM

playasia. yes. I ordered a bunch and gave them to my friends so I'd have someone to play with.
Gamefaqs for what the heck to do in all the crazy stages. You'll have objectives like "use down-B on three different people at once" or "destroy every piece of wall within 30 seconds" or "take no damage for two minutes".
Some are obvious, like "knock out everyone who isn't you". For everything else... there's gamefaqs.
Thanks for the link, I'll bookmark it. Listening to music makes me happy. Any way to repress the everything-is-on-hold-while-screen-closed thing, or is that a hardware thing? Music seems good, but unweildly on storing and battery if screen open. Err. English is being damaged.
Where do you buy your microsd? all I see is over $40.

#11 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:41 PM

You can close the screen while listening to music on it and moonshell turns the screens off for a while.
microSD: Canada Computers. http://canadacompute...cid=990.218.987

#12 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Awesome. I can't wait. Probably be ordering on Friday.

By the way, Crystal Chronicles has some crazy copy protection. You'll just see a moogle saying "Thanks for playing!" and... nothing else.

#13 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:43 AM

Oh! Is that what that is? Dylan kept getting that when he was playing.

Edit: I looked into this and apparently it works no prob on the CycloDS and the R4 released a firmware update last week that fixes it.

#14 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

Ordered today.
I still intend on buying all my games.
Perhaps, though, I'll subject them to extensive screening...

#15 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

CYCLODS GOT
about time too

WHOO MOONSHELL
CURSE WORK FOR IMPEDING THIS DISCOVERY

I shall experiment at every moment available to me

#16 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

Yeah it's pretty awesome. I've been playing like crazy.

#17 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:39 AM

Any good games?

Also, I'm fairly serious about starting up a game project. Yes.

#18 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

Holy shiz, i want that game! Super smash combined with manga, who says 2 goods make a bad! Anyways, tell me more. Bobobobo is stupid. Full metal alchemist is awesome, elfen lied is perverted but cool, naruto is fine, and theres like 1000 more unknown japanese and chinese manga stuff out there, try to look them up, it WOULD BE AWESOME if they had elfen lied in a video game, ripping peoples heads off. :lol:

Hey rick, Elfin lied ain't perverted... its just a look into the mind of the serial killer that exists inside the oh so cute mind of manga artists.

Not to mention that everyone secreatly has the dream of being an all powerful demi god that can kill everything...

Check out THIS to get a better understanding of what I mean...

#19 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

Professor layton is a fun game, short but fun and puzzly. haha
Umm. I'm playing Legend of Mana or something right now and FFXII is cool. I'm sure there's more.

Re: Elfin Lied: The anime theme rocks.

#20 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:33 AM

FFXII is cool indeed. Very strange control, though.
Avoid the warhammer games...
The Lego Star Wars every-episode-on-one-cart is just amazing.

In the non-shifty software world, Lone Wolf: Flight from the Dark is pretty good. Sort of a choose-your-own-adventure with dice and an inventory. Based off a book series, it would seem.

Moonshell is great... I want to get rid of that horrid, horrid Vista backdrop, though.

Arcomage is... interesting. A bit like Magic: The Gathering but with RTS style resources. Mine more vespene gas!
Which leads into Warcraft: Defend the Tower (or something). Don't play it.
And StarLite, which is a port of StarCraft, and looks pretty dang amazing. Too bad it got shut down at version 0.3. I don't think Blizzard has too much to worry about from that Warcraft... thing, though.

Pocket Physics is more fun than seems it deserves. I've spent hours building crazy structures. Fun indeed.

Soon I'll be looking into other tools. Perhaps some network apps would be neat. Oh, and Kiwi.

Gah, Just figured out Realtime Save. Why is it so hidden?
(hold select when choosing a game)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users