32 replies to this topic

#21 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:39 PM

Way cool! I'm typing this in the ds browser!
Yeah, I tried pocket physics. That game is sweet.
It took me a while to find rts too. They didn't want to enable it by default because the files are quite large. It doesn't work perfectly yet either but it's pretty darn close.
I got an easy 3-in-1 so now I have rumble, browser ram and gba games too. :)

#22 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:06 PM

How the heck do you get cheats working???
I've got a user.whatever that's got hundreds of games in it containing Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker cheats... Cheats are enabled in the CycloDS menu... It's supposed to ask me what cheats I want enabled when the game boots...
But it doesn't.

You have any luck? I don't have windows and wine won't run the cheat editor, so I'm relying on a mass file from the CycloDS forums. They do claim it has DQM:J, and I've tried some other games they've professed it contains, but none of them boots with "Enable cheats? y/n".

Frustrated...

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#23 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:48 PM

I don't know I've never used it. Did you go into the in-game menu and choose the cheat? (L+R+A+B+X+Y in game)

#24 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:14 PM

EDIT: Dracky is my hero.

#25 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:23 AM

I'm guessing that means it worked in the cyclods folder? :P

#26 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:25 PM

Yeah. Thanks, man. I don't know how many times I read that and just assumed that the 'cyclods folder' meant the root folder... on the cyclods.
Yes, it works now, and I am cheating like some sort of cheating analogue.

I wonder what a Cheaters' League would look like? It would be aside from other leagues and contests, but the contestants would all be horrendously overpowered in some way or another. Imagine a pikachu dealing 1 325 000 damage.... and then losing the fight. That would be epic.

...Not that I play pokeymans, of course... *shifty eyes*

#27 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:God, guitar, computers, reading, drawing, DDR, webcomic.

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

COOKING MAMA

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#28 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:54 AM

DUDE OK DUDE POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON IS REALLY NETHACK!!!!!!
DUDE!!!! POKEHACK! NETMON! DUDE IT'S NETHACK WITH POKEMON! DUDE NETHACK!

Yes it is awesome. Totally, completely awesome. If I find the amulet of yendor I will laugh my face off. Because that would be hilarious.

Seriously though, it's Nethack. Awesome.

Notable games:

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is really fun. Not much (at all) in the way of touch-screen activities, but the gameplay makes up for it.
Top-down Zelda-style adventure with some huge tank battles sprinkled in.

The World Ends With You is ridiculous in proportions of awesome. Get it now. Right.... now. Every battle takes place on both screens, combos are built up by switching back and forth and building continuity. Monsters exist on both screens, so if one is killed on one he dies in both, but the playable characters are split, one touch screen, one top screen. The bottom is controlled by touch, the top by arrow keys and combos. Someone who is really with it can do both at the same time but that would be crazy...
Many many things about this game make it one heck of an awesome game, worth going out and buying.

Super Princess Peach: I don't really know why you'd want this game.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings is pretty good. Top-down strategy rpg.

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is another downright incredible game. I'll just assume you've all played a Lego game and tell you to skip straight to the torrent. Also: I've heard they're making LEGO Batman, which omtfgtbbq.

Lost in Blue is an okay survival story game. If you're into Animal Crossing (I'm not) you'll like this realistic gametype. Collect nuts, fruit, water, fish, hunt animals, make tools on a deserted island. Punishment for failure is DEATH... of starvation/dehydration. A serious, slow-paced game.

Dragon Booster: eh. Racing game. Pheh. On dragons, which is ok... but this ain't no Mario Kart.

Geometry Wars: Yes.

Kirby: Canvas Curse: A wicked game. Kirby's a ball constantly rolling, stylus draws lines to guide him. If you've seen that VGCats strip with Kirby and the rainbow line-thing putting him into the lava, you've already got a good idea.

Megaman ZX: Advent: pretty decent megaman game. Instead of changing colors and using attacks similar to those bosses you've killed, YOU BECOME THEM. That's right, even the twenty tonne alligator-thing, though he has some trouble getting through doors.

Scurge Hive: think Metroid but top-down instead of side-scrolling. Seriously, not a whole lot else sets them apart.

Super Mario 64: It's the classic game we all know and love, but you start as Yoshi. Yes, AS Yoshi. Other characters too.

Lostmagic: it's... hm. It's ok. I may have more of an opinion soon. I like the magic usage system. You draw runes on the screen and then direct them.

I've tried out a lot more, but these are the only ones really worth mentioning.
Never, ever, EVER, under any circumstances, play Hanjuku Eiyuu: Egg Monsters.
Ever.

Games that are crap:
Master of Illusion: that... horrible... THING... has enormous cold sores on her EYES. Also: just a bunch of card tricks, the point of the game being that you set one up and show an audience... on your two tiny screens.

There are more, but I've deleted the ones I just could not stand, and I'd have to make an actual effort to remember. Oh, I have no idea about Lunar Dragon Song, because the intro is so bloody long, dull, boring, with no way to skip. Seriously, it's totally uninteresting.

I might start a thread with custom Moonshell skins, but I'll want to have made one or two to make it a worthwhile read.

#29 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

They're coming out with Spore for DS. Sounds kind of cool. Also, Guitar hero is fun but short. Kind of hurts the wrist.

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#30 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:32 PM

It is already out. A very strange thing. It's all paper mario like...or, since I haven't played it, what I THINK paper mario is like based solely upon the name and the few (if any) screenshots I have seen.

<3 Rockband

#31 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:18 PM

Can you imagine rockband DS? The drumming would be painful!

#32 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

Iiiiiii wiiiish! I mean, if Guitar Hero can do it, why can't Rock Band?

#33 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:45 PM

I just became a Fondusian to the max! Whoa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users