289 replies to this topic

#221 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:34 PM

'A spectacular dodge... stunning. The warriors here show great skill,' a man standing at the front of the arena's spectator area. He stood draped in white and silver, with skin the shade of the sand. His turban hid all hair other than his straight, eye-brow level, black bangs as well as a few pieces along the sides and in the back; he had not cut it in some time. Around his shoulders was a mantle of wrapped cloth that fell lawlessly at several points that had not been tied off. It made a frame for the silver necklace that encased a massive ruby, and did well to bring out his brownish red eyes. He wore a shirt of pure, flowing white, covered by a breastplate of the most immaculate silver. His belt was of the same cloth of his turban and mantle, and suspended a rather plainly sheathed cutlass. His leggings were of a similar material to the shirt, and fit like those of indian martial artists. His boots were of a plain white, and successfully completed the image of an angel standing before the onlooker.

But he was no angel. As he grasped his ruby amulet, he felt the bloodlust surge through him once more. after this was over, he would have to compete... For he was Jarral Singh, the youngest of a line of great warriors. And he would prove himself as the mightiest of any of his siblings. Once this battle had ended, he looked forward to killing once more.

((I just figured I'd introduce the character now, before I forgot the concept.))

#222 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:23 AM

Hakishi smiled as he watched his foe dodge his storm of ice weapons. There cold steel zipping hopelessly past his foe and grazing him bringing forth the first deadly cuts of the round. However, Mark did dodge, which disappointed Hakishi to no end. The deadly razors that had missed flung themselves helplessly into the ground and exploded into a light rain of shattered ice and water, drowning the ground in little puddles of water.

Hakishi smiled, despite the fact that he was in a bad position, airborne and destined to smash into his foe; he had little worry about how this fight would turn out still. Judging from what he had found out about mark in there sparring thus far. He had a weakness in the range of his abilities, directly, he couldn?t be hurt, and at range he could bombard his foe into dust. Yet, there was a blind point about half a meter in a circle around him, slightly extended at the back.

The blind spot, or so he had figured it worked like this. The length of his arms paralleled the distance -10 cm that an opponent could safely control his opponents arm, provided that the target did not exceed this range, a foe could simply stand and deflect most blows safely by moving in and out of marks range as it grew and shrank as he regulated his abilities.

The trick was getting into that range. However Hakishi had prepared a little distraction ahead of time to keep him safe. Reaching to his belt he grabbed another two of his Kunai knives from his belt, a length of metal thread, and quickly joined the three.

Using his off hand to throw the first bolt towards Mark, and the second towards, the key one towards the wires he had already set up, the ones that now swayed directly down into the ground. He would let the mans power take the path of lest resistance, and the one that didn?t involve him being turned into charged particles. Hakishi laughed, if mark attacked him he would end up having his attack redirected now harmlessly away, but if he didn?t he would get a kunai to the body? and his charge redirected anyways.

It was win ? win.

#223 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:12 AM

As the throwing knife came in, Mark smiled. His opponent had proved quite clever. The steel cord and kunai would take the brunt of the electrical assault. However a blade was still a blade.

Moments before impact Mark extended his legs and pushed himself toward and left of the dagger. He also swung his broadsword up along the path that Hakishi was barrelling down. He released the energy into his sword. If some how his foe's contraption didn't do it's job, each and every strike that connected or was blocked by a conductive material would result in a momentary stun that would make the victim collapse. Quite an effective tatic.
Ummm...Yay?

#224 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:53 PM

?Nice try,? Hakishi said, ?but tricks like that won?t work on someone like me.? Reaching up towards his face he grabbed his mask and using the force of the momentum from his jump and his now free hands smashed it into the blade that was coming up to slash him. The mask collided and the blade cut into it getting caught in the cherry wood. ?As he fell, and landed in front of his opponent, Hakishi did two things, first he focused the auras of earth within himself and then in a shallow statement he whispered to his foe as he stared at him with his completely white eyes, ?Your problem is you rely on your eyes way to much.?

As Hakishi?s feet hit the ground the earth in the area surrounding the two combatants shot up and filled the entire area with dust, dirt and sand. Either his foe had to close his eyes, or be blinded. Hakishi on the other hand would be free to move in this prison of death.

#225 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:55 AM

"Blind fight it is then" Mark hissed back. He closed his eyes to avoid the stinging sand, but instead of blackness, he saw the natural currents flowing through Hakishi. The brain glowing a sharp white, and little strands shooting out of it and through his nervous system. And in his chest he saw another collection of electricty. Hakishi's heart. Hanging from the ceiling was a pillar of white power. It would do Mark best not to look that way.

Holding his sword in one hand he pulled the mask off his sword and threw it at his opponent. And immediately rushed foward with a diagonal slash aimed at Hakishi's chest.
Ummm...Yay?

#226 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:59 PM

?Well then,? Hakishi replied his voice full of wrath as he saw his foe counter his movements, ?I see that you have some sort of unnatural site as well. Lets just end this right here then shall we? I?m beginning to get a bit worn out.? In all honesty, that was a lie, when it came to controlling earth Hakishi could keep it up all day, but he knew better then to leave a foe alive for amount of time past the necessary.

As mark swung at him Hakishi ducked and rolled right into the man?s front right side, just under his arm that held the sword. He vaguely remembered something about the sword or something being a power regulator or something. He could probably recall the exact words but he didn?t care to at the moment. Right now he wanted to see what would happen to this decrepit old man if he disarmed his source of power control. Reaching out with his hand, in one clear movement he drew a small quick circle in the dirt of the pit and whispered ?Senbon? (Been a while since I?ve used this so I might be off on the actual name.) At once the earth under the mark?s arm, were the circle hand been drawn, shot up with a good deal of force in a pillar shape. A simple blow that he hoped to disarm the man with.

As he finished this, Hakishi spent a little time focusing the shadow aura?s of the surrounding area into right hand. He was going to need to summon a weapon soon. Or more acutely recall one.

#227 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:13 PM

As the pillar slammed into Mark's arm he shouted "FOOL!". His grip on the shining mithril sword broken, the sword clattered to the ground. This would have proved a clever tactic if Hakishi was much further away. Even a grounding tool couldn't safely transfer the release that would occur.

With the little control he had left over his body Mark hurled himself at Hakishi. Bolts of lightning one foot thick were leaping of Mark, slamming into the ground all around him. Power was surging into the kunai and into the center pillar of hanging steel. Mark's body was lost in the growing ball of electricity. Bolts of lightning shot out at Hakishi, into the sky, and into the ground throwing up chunks of earth, and crystallizing what was left behind.

After a moment or two, the expanding ball shot outward in all directions and ripped through everything in it's path leaving crystal behind. The super nova dispersed slightly past the outside of the pit. Anyone caught in its path would be utterly destroyed. Mark lay unmoving on the ground.
Ummm...Yay?

#228 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

Hakishi watched the effects of the massive build up of electricity in near slowmotion, or so it felt like as he saw it happen. No hesitation, no time to think, he had to do something to save himself.

It happened all at once.

The chunck of rock shattered and bounced backwards, Hakishi was thrown backwards flipping and bouncing along the ground and finally colliding with the back of the broken and smashed pit of the arena with a thud from the force. Then all at once the remaining force of the blast struck over him, ripping and tearing at his fleash, he bit down his cries and look straight ahead, sensing anything he could.

The maelstrom past and he still existed. That?s all that mattered to him, he sensed very little aura coming from his foe, but the force of the blast had left him disorientated and flogged. His mouth tasted grimy and coppery, he felt something trickeling out of the front of his nose, it felt wet and warm and itched at bit, he tried to move his right arm to wipe it? He couldn?t for some reason. He focused on his arm, the area around it felt sticky and hard, but the arm itself just itched badly? and painfully. He turned his head to the side and looked down.

His arm wasn?t there, it was lying about five meters to the right of him.

He focused on moving again, this time merely to stand. He felt his legs slide along the ground; at least they were still there. He tried to move his left arm, it hurt a lot, but it responded and slowly stretched itself out infront of him, the sensations in it were fairly disattached however, like it had been put in ice for more then a few minutes, it was completely numb?

Now that he noticed it, he felt like that in many places, most of his body felt sluggishly out of it, he slid his hand back towards him and grasped the sand around his body, it was wet and stuck to his hand? The whole area smelt odd, sort of like b-

He cut his own thought off as he began to us his hand to steady himself as he stood up, his feet were unsteady and didn?t feel right; as if he had drank to much. He began to walk towards where mark lay; reaching into his belt he grabbed a small dagger, not one of his kunai, a simple one. One used to kill down foes for certain.

----

Mark (Different one, same name as your character.) Sat in the arena?s far reaches, Taking note of the massive amount of damage the arena has just taken. He was frightened beyond words. And still, dispite losing an ARM one of the combatiants? the little young one still walked towards the center of the arena. He swallowed hard. A bead of sweat ran down his forehead.

His seat mate, Marcus, a drunk beyond words stared straight ahead and watched in awe. He obviously couldn?t tell how the little one had even surived. It was so amazing he didn?t believe it himself.

As the explosion had happened, Hakishi, or so he remembered being told he was called, had pushed everything he had as quickly as he could into creating a wall between him and this Mark character. Smart, though not good enough. It had been blow to bits in seconds and only reduced the force of the explosion to about a fifth for him.

Either way, the fact Hakishi had lived was remarkable. The fact that he was standing and his foe was down was incredible. He only had been able to figure out what had happened because of his abilities to sense aura at an elite level? though sadly he couldn?t fight with it that well? yet.

Either way, Hakishi, a monster he had been told, slowly made his way to deliever the final blow.

----

Hakishi stood, in front of Mark and coughed, A little blood trickeling down the front of his mouth splattered on his fallen adversaries body. Reaching up, he lifted the knife above his head and drove it down stabbing it into Marks back.

He crouched and whispered into his ear, ?nothing personal, I just can?t allow you to leave this place alive, ever?. With that, he raised his hand to his chest and spoke quietly under his voice making sure no one could hear him, ?Release soul?. He wanted this foe dead, permanently. Using this shadow aura was simple, all it did was fully banish the soul of his opponent to the underworld or hell? that way they couldn?t be revived by the arena medical staff.

He had already done this twice before, so he felt no guilt. He stood himself up and slowly stumbled out of the arena towards the doors.

((This is what I was thinking more or less, if you don?t like anything in particular feel free to say quez.))

#229 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:51 AM

He awoke. He had being. The release of power didn't destroy Him. He was no longer in the arena pit. He lacked sensation, but felt the power. The corruption. The hate. The utter chaos. And He reveled in it. The pain, the agony, the everlasting death. His day would come. He would have His revenge. How ironic that banishing His soul to hell, saved Him from the complete shutdown that would have happened. His body was a shell, one that truly had no life. A farmer He had taken for His own. He had eternity. He was eternal. He is eternal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sword, and arm guard lying on the pit floor were connected again even without a body to wear them. During the explosion they somehow, call it chance if you will, fused together. A testament to a warrior. But they also seemed to lose their shine. They didn't glow a bright mithril, but rather looked like old and rusted iron.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A flamboyant young man sat at the far edge of the arena enthralled, nay, terrified, at the latest encounter. The final blow. So simple. The battle had been like none he had ever seen before. Eryn lithely jumped to his feet and moved toward the pit edge just to get a better look at the arena. He wondered how long it would take the crew to repair that. Throwing his foolish facade of bravdo back on he sat at the arena edge waiting to challenge any open, or restricted events.

((Hey Megell! It's Eryn Zephyr... :D ))
Ummm...Yay?

#230 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:15 PM

((Where's this going? 3 man battle royale?))

#231 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:33 PM

((Where's this going? 3 man battle royale?))

((you versus Quez I think...)

#232 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:27 AM

((the first two thirds of my post was just a conclusion of the last battle, disregard it as part of any up coming fights.))
Ummm...Yay?

#233 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:03 PM

((Okay then, Megell, was the other character of yours merely a means of explaining what Hakishi did, or will he be used in the future?))

A splendid fight, with an unexpected end. Jarral was certain that the masked man had been incinerated in that final explosion that threatened even himself... 'In time, I will have to fight him as well. That will make this journey worthwhile,' he thought.

But now, another fighter apparently awaited a challenge. It would be rude for him not to supply him just that... And besides, the pendant's starvation was growing by the second. The time had come to feed.

"I'm foreign to the customs of battle in this place, though I have little desire to learn. If you wish to die, I will grant you that," he said as he gracefully jumped into the arena battleground. He could feel the pendant pulsating in preparation for a meal. He felt the energy in his body suddenly surge forward, free from any inhibition.

'Mohan said I'd need control to beat him with my abilities... But perhaps all I need is the extra energy I am granted by this pendant. Last time my limit was four orbs. It's time to find out how much I can accomplish with this.'

#234 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:57 PM

((No and yes, the mage guy was sort of a generic one use character, but his seat mate, marcus is one of my primary characters. He's fun to play, but tends not to win alot of fights.))

#235 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:53 AM

Eryn smiled smugly. It had been a while since his last bar room brawl. This was, however, much different. Drawing his raiper he eyed his opponent. The sloppy way he was dressed, his stance, something said he didn't care for life. Anyones life. A shiver ran up Eryn's spine while that cocky smile remained plastered upon his face.

He spoke up though and said "Setting X, no other restrictions. And that means we will be fighting in the city. And I do hope you know what a city is." As he finished the sentence, their surroundings changed. The arena seemed to disapear while structures burst out of the ground all around them.

Hold his raiper straight out, sword arm slightly relaxed, he beckoned his opponent to approach. He would play off the movements of his foe and dance his dance of death.
Ummm...Yay?

#236 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

'Interesting... This type of an environment will prove somewhat hazardous, unless I can corner him. But so be it,' he thought, observing his surroundings with spite. He was used to wide open spaces, and such was his strong point. It didn't matter though. He didn't foresee his failure until long from this day.

He extended both of his arms outward from his body. The warmth of the massive amounts of energy coursed through his body, slowly gathering into his hands. Extending the middle and index fingers on each hand, he began compressing massive amounts of energy near those finger tips. The only thought he allowed to formulate in his mind was that of four spheres, as any other thought may distract him from creating the orbs correctly. He felt the stone concealed within the cloth wraps around his shoulders pulsate as it released one of its victims into Jarral's body, and with one final burst, four shining white orbs no larger than tennis balls formed at each of the four extended fingers. With them came a deafening crack and a strong gust of wind, emphasizing the levels of power contained in the orbs.

In one quick, fluid motion, his hands guided one orb to the wrappings, where it vanished. Then another to the silver breastplate, where it too vanished. Another to the sword which, as the orb vanished, was drawn by his right hand. THe fourth swallowed his left hand whole and extended to create a thin blade of pure holy energy. This time though, the energy was different to Jarral. He could feel the darkness hidden within the light. Ever since he aquired the pendant, the entire chemistry of his body seemed to be changing... He hadn't yet used the orbs since he had gotten the pendant, so was naturally curious as to what it would be like this time...

"I suppose it's no use asking you whether or not you think you can fight pure energy. I'll find out soon enough," he said with a smirk. Not believing severe consequences to be possible, he charged forward with unnatural speed, guided by the coating of the energy around his body thanks to the magical properties of the armor he wore. It took an abundance of energy to properly manipulate the power of the orbs, but he still felt that he had plenty of energy to spare. The pendant had discarded any natural limitations.... Such things were for humans. Now, more magic than man with all of the artifacts he had acquired to supplement his power, Jarral was certain he was above such things.

As he got close, he lept into the air, where he then forced the barrier around his body to propell him downward into his opponent. The force blade prepared to slash first, wit h the now glowing cutlass held ready to swing with the momentum he would use to quickly turn upon landing, he intended to confirm just how fast his opponent was. The lithe frame looked to be one of speed, not power.

#237 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:52 PM

Eryn watched the spectacle in shear awe. But once the man began charging his mind started working. Noticing the shift in weight before the jump Eryn made his move. Almost before his rival had left the ground Eryn had went into a forward roll under the leaping foe. Stopping the roll with his left foot he raised himself up and made two short jabs aimed for his foes back. After the second retraction he made a triple quick step backwards positioning him seven feet behind his foe.
Ummm...Yay?

#238 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

The opponent was faster than Jarral had given him credit for. To avoid the attack that was sure to come from an opponent who had just positioned himself behind him, he manipulated the thin energy barrier once more, causing him to surge forward before he hit the ground, landing just outside of the range of the attacks from the rapier.

As he landed, he rolled back into an upright position facing his foe. Holding the blades in a cross-like fashion, the real sword being the vertical one behind the horizontal force blade, he ran forward once more, this time with his own speed, though even this was somewhat above average. If it came to a head-to-head competition between blades, Jarral was sure he would win. Flipping the Cutlass over to hold it as a main gauche, the tip pointing downward, he through a slash with the first blade. If his opponent dodged, he would use the cutlass to defend.

#239 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:42 PM

As the running man approached Eryn thought up a quick little counter to this current attack. As the slash came across he dropped to a squatting position, side stepped to his right and pivoted on his left foot with a sweep kick aimed at his opponents heels. With another short thrust from his rapier aimed at the side of the man, he kick out with his legs to put some more distance between him and his foe. However his leg caught something. And he tripped backwards over a bench, flipping over it to land on his back. He rolled out of that position and quickly bounded up on top of the bench, laughing all the while.
Ummm...Yay?

#240 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:12 PM

There was little he could do to avoid the leg sweep but to keep running, which he did successfully, though he did feel the leg almost pull him off of his feet. The thrust naturally missed due to his not falling, though this didn't seem to bother the opponent, now laughing as he tripped over a bench, much at all.

"You're much faster than I predicted... But speed will only take you so far," Jarral said with an air of foreshadowing, slightly loosening the cloth wrappings around his shoulders with his right hand, still holding the cutlass. A small stone fell out, which was caught in the same hand, and placed within the wrappings of his belt. "And now, for a most brilliant epitaph before the feast. Tell me... How do you feel about percussion instruments?"

The blade engulfing his hand returned to its orb state, and suspended itselt in the air as it seemed to grow somewhat more brightly than it had before. It illuminated the glass along the buildings to a near blinding level, and with a greater smirk than ever beforoe, Jarral assumed a stance that simulated that of a fencer, both to mock the opponent and as a part of his natural swordsman skills. Inching forward, twirling the blade which was now shining almost as brilliantly as the orb, he looked at his opponent with eyes filled with greed and a ravenous blood lust.

"Come on."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users