#201 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

Teyld?s change in tactics from defending all out to actually attacking decently caught Marcus completely off guard. Especially since his own dust cloud had impaired the vision between them even further. The first punch, the one aimed at his legs, Marcus avoided effortlessly with a quick hop backwards. However, the straight right forced him to guard, crossing both his hands in front of his face to deflect the strike. The left uppercut however was a little to much of a combo for Marcus, landing clean under his chin, and then the elbow strike caught him completely. A line of red blood arched out of Marcus? mouth and nose. He had been struck clearly and his vision was temporarily blurry. Another strike, presumably to his chest hit him hard, but at this point he wasn't sure... As he slid backwards, he felt two massive hands reach around his neck and begin to choke the life out of him.

Marcus reached up with his hands, trying desperately to get out of the death grip. He managed to squeeze out ?Shit?, between his breaths. He needed to get out of this somehow? and fast, he felt his head swelling from lack of blood.

Reaching down with his foot, he kicked some of the dirt up from the arena floor, placing on his foot, he kicked it up into teyld?s bloodshot eyes. Either way the dirt would completely cover his vision. Reaching into his pocket once more, Marcus pulled out the lighter and inhaled deeply once more. He still had enough booze in his system for a final shot.

He breathed out another fireball, point blank into teyld?s face.

((With the dirt thing, I just didn?t see a way Teyld could of avoided it easily and pratically. If you do have a way outta it, please tell and I will edit.))

#202 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

The dirt that was kicked into Teyld's face was a bad move on Marcus' part. As soon as the dirt hit Teyld, stinging and blinding him temporarily, he snarled and snapped his head forward to slam into the man's face he was choking.

((a logical interruption, correct? If you've got problems with it let me know and i'll change it.))
Ummm...Yay?

#203 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:32 PM

"Looking for a good fight. No Battle Type, or Setting"

Mark looked at the note through his electric blue eyes and grimaced a smile. The man stood at 5'9 and looked like he was at least 40. After he pinned the note to the Battle Board, he started limping to the arena, his Mithril ((SP?)) broadsword held in his right hand, tip nearly touching the ground. His short white hair stood on end as if it were trying to leap away from his well trained body. He was wearing his battle gear, which consisted of loose fitting clothes, a shirt that was without a left sleeve, and Mithril plating that lined the outside of his right arm and ended in a locked gauntlet that made sure he never released his sword.. The oddest thing about him was the occasional mini-arc of lightning that could be seen jumping about over his exposed skin.
Ummm...Yay?

#204 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:25 PM

The head went down and struck Marcus with a stunning blow, his vision went black, and the world began to fade out rapidly as the giant?s hands stayed on his throat. He couldn?t win this fight like this, he need a way out of the monsters grasp. Reaching down and placing his feet tightly onto the floor, Marcus focused his remaining strength into jumping clean of the ground into the air. The man weighed about a third of the total mass of his weights, so Marcus wondered if he could get Teyld high enough for this last ditched scheme to work.

As he launched himself up, Marcus reached up and grabbed Teyld clean around the waste. When they both were about ten meters up in the air, Marcus arched their weight, forcing them to both aim straight, head down into the ground. His goal was simple pile drive the bigger, taller man head first into the ground. And because of Teyld?s increased size, he would take the blunt of the damage? with his neck.

Marcus then blacked out, but made sure that his muscles would remain holding tight enough to prevent any last minute counters.

#205 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:54 PM

As Mark hobbled into the arena he saw an odd spectacle. Two combatants just shot ten meters from the arena floor. He stopped in his tracks and used his broadsword as a crutch to watch the results.

Telyd was shocked, and nearly didn't react at all. He did however. As Marcus flipped them over so the were falling head first, Teyld released the choke hold on unconscious body clinging to him and threw his left arm around the midriff of the body, squeezing so tightly he felt a few more of his own ribs crack. At the same time he put his right arm between the ground and himself. Moments before impact he flexed his arm hoping to absorb most of the collision. An echoing snap reverberated throughout the arena. His humorous cracked and slipped beside itself, driving up through his collar bone and into his right lung. However because of the lack of a right shoulder the rest of him hit the ground at an angle that spared his neck being shattered. And because of the adrenaline coursing through him, he almost immediately shot to his full height, bone about to burst from his right arm that looked like it was being held up by a puppet master. With his good arm he grabbed the "corpse" ((will edit if necessary)) by the scruff of the neck and heaved it at the nearest wall with all his remaining might. He let out a defiant scream and slumped to his knees, breathing heavily, and leaning on his left arm, occasionally coughing up blood from his recently punctured lung.

"If you can hear me, little one, you put up a damn good fight *Cough* Too damn good" Teyld said to the body lying 12 meters from him, moments before he slipped into to the peace of unconsciousness.

Mark had taken a seat to finish watching the fight. He wondered how the rest of the fight had went to end in such a dramatic way. As the Arena staff rushed onto the field to get the combatants to the infirmary, Mark raised himself from his seat and hobbled down to await his turn in the pit.

((PM me if i need to change anything, considering Markus is already unconscious))
Ummm...Yay?

#206 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:02 AM

Hakishi sat near the left, top most entrance to the arena watching the spectical unfold. He often took pleasure in watching the newer people, like this Marcus character take on the elites. It generally was entertaining to watch the destruction, and chaos that usually ensued in these fights as the weaklings fought to first try to win, then to squeak a victory, and then to end in a draw resulting in their own deaths. In any case Hakishi was impressed by Teyld?s putting up with the mans efforts for as long as he did. If it was him down there he would have personally just snapped the humans neck rather then-

He did it again he realized. He was human, and he should really try to remember that he would always be one regardless of how powerful he got in the end.

But that was not the issue here. He still wanted to be entertained some more, the fight had left him somewhat confused. He had expected it to be more violent, he expected to see a lot more thing he could have ?learned? from both fighters. But in the end it turned out to be nothing more then a physical brawl of force. He was rather upset in that.

Ultimataly he was starting to become upset with fighting in general. No one really poised much of a threat anymore? not the monk, not the bethmont, not the novices and not the elites. Yet he wasn?t ready to take on him yet? not to the point in which he could guarantee and definite victory.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he failed to notice that another new opponent had stepped into the arena. Not that he cared much? Well not that it mattered much?

?Or did it, he was forgetting again that he did need to train, that he did need to become stronger. Hakishi smiled under the new cherry wood mask. He would be the one to take up this foes challenge and maybe learn something new.

Hakishi began to walk down the steps towards the arena, his wooden sandals clacking on the stone steps as he walked down to the center of the pit. Some of the more knowledgeable members of the crowd began to whisper amongst themselves. A lot of them were afraid of him; they had heard the stories of what he had ?done??

Such as how he had killed his entire village for entertainment, how he had slayed a Demi-god, how he took pleasure in stealing the souls of the departed, how he had at the age of seven murdered an army while they tried to figure out why their troops were dying. He had heard the stories as they were being whispered? one of the few advantages of being blind.

They were all wrong of course. Simply put, Hakishi made sure that there were never any stories to hear. He just let them think what they wanted.

As he drew close to the arena, he put his hands together and began to summon a weapon. He wasn?t going as far as use the Ineigarasatsu on the likes of this one. But seeing on how he insisted on using a blade? the sword he leaned on, Hakishi would do the same. He summoned a long sword, nothing special? it just had the nasty habit of the blade being made of soluble sand that was compressed into glass, but as it cut would leave a trail of sand in the air, and in the wounds of the victim?

Hakishi thought? ?This might be fun? as he jumped into the arena and faced his foe.

#207 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

Mark studied the opponent who had just dropped into the pit. The first thing he noticed was the cherry wood mask that provided no holes for eyes. "great", he thought sarcastically "unnatural sight, just what i need"

"Shall we begin?" he asked as he lifted his sword arm up and back, while he rushed forward, left arm close in front of himself.

As Mark closed the distance he clenched his fist and threw it up and wide, opening his hand as he went, unleashing a crackling bolt of lightning. he took two more steps before coming up with a underhanded slash aim for his opponent.
Ummm...Yay?

#208 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:56 PM

Hakishi watched the auras and energies rise within his foes arm. 2 parts air, one part fire? lightening aura in short, Hakishi wanted to laugh, this guy was making it too easy. Raising his hand to his chest, he created a quick hand sign. This one focused the earth auras around his feet and caused a small stonewall to emerge rapidly from the ground.

The lightening struck the wall, and the wall cracked a bit under the force. Hakishi chuckled to himself. That was quite a unique attack, certainly one he would enjoy using again in the future? but for now, and he would take something else for a spin. The wall crumbled as he released the auras that held it together. As the last of it fell out of the path of the charging swordsman, Hakishi focused on repeating a very simple process that a rather interesting monk hand invented. (Ryes claw things for the record.) Focusing shadow and light auras around his free hand causing a set of shadowy claws to appear around them. As the swords man, now two steps closer to him swung a sword at him Hakishi through up his own blade to block it. Because of the sand blades unique attributes the sword of his foe, rather then reflecting off the blade, sunk into and was caught momentarily. Hakishi laughed as he slashed his clawed, and also free hand, at the torso of his opponent.

#209 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

As the clawed hand came in, Mark used his own free hand to attempt to grab the incoming wrist. If this succeeded, and if Mark had a normal body, they would be locked together for a short time and most likely release each other and continue battle. However having 6000 volts of current coursing through your body all the time doesn't classify one as normal.
And for an added measure of protection he threw up a heavy static field about two feet in front of him self, that would contract any muscles entering it rendering most physical attacks useless.
Ummm...Yay?

#210 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:04 PM

Hakishi felt it before he sensed it. A rapid build up of the static in the air infront of him-? no a rapid build up of the electricity in the man himself. Hakishi?s hand began to burn as the arm closed in to grab his wrist. The raw power arching across this beings body across his arm causing the muscles in his arm to scream out in protest.

Of all things, Hakishi knew better then to stay in that position.

He focused the auras in his body to cause a massive release of the adrenaline, cretin and nerve systems of the body, his dash technique. Forcing himself backwards he leapt, forcing himself away from his foe. As he slid back he did the same hand sign as before and slammed his hand into the ground forcing another rock barrier between himself and his foe, quickly after this he dropped his sword, it would be useless in this kind of fight he needed something that could conduct electricity rather then something that couldn?t. He had already come up with a counter to this mans technique.

His hand that had been close to the mans body arched with electricity? had he kept it there much longer he might not of had a hand at all.

Reaching down towards his belt, he drew one of the six kunai knives he kept on his persons at all time, he also grabbed a long mettle sting that he had in his combat kit. It would be the first part of his plan. Taking the knife he though it directly up and pinned it onto one of the supports of the arena. He now needed to make this line a couple times thicker.

His dash faded at this point, he was sure his speed had startled his foe, for however a brief time, but it had got its job done. He just needed to diffuse this battery. Which by the looks of things might be a little trickier then he had originally bargained for?

[Dash, level 1 (Time seems to go at 1/10): 0/2 round left to reuse, else damage]

#211 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

The rapid retraction of the engaged foe was what he knew would happen, though a more airborne one, if he had connected with the grapple. He hadn't however and the opponent still backed up quickly. Too quickly. This left Mark over balanced to fall forward onto one knee and gauntleted fist. As he slowly stood, lightning now arching off his body into the ground around him, he began towards the stone wall erected between the contestants, his characteristic limp returned, though seemingly larger than before. A glint that shot up caught his eye.

"Running from a glimpse of real power?" Mark asked quietly.

He then rapidly fired off three orbs of electricity above the stone wall at what seemed a thin line. He also coughed up a bit of blood and spat it to the ground. He felt it already... the build up must be slowed or he would risk losing all control. His electric blue eyes gleamed fiercely.
Ummm...Yay?

#212 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

Hakishi saw the orbs of electricity coming directly for his encampment, he did the only smart thing and ran, knowing by this point that those little nasty bolts probably held enough raw energy to break him and his stones into slag. He got about three meters away before the stone exploded into a thousand pieces behind him. Rolling forward and then returning to a all out run Hakishi took the time to grab another one of his kunai knives and tie another string onto it. Throwing this one to the same spot as the previous as he ran. A second afterwards he raised his hand to his chest and whispered an enchantment.

This technique was a little different then his typical type, Rather then being a usual attack or defense technique this technique messed with the minds of all who were watching the arena, including himself, to make it appear as if the world was completely back. It would make his foe virtually unable to detect him.

Unless he detected by some sort of static detection? but Hakishi had been preparing for that already.

The world then slowly faded to black? Hakishi smiled, this bastared was in his world now. True that this illusion even messed with his unnatural sight, but it did nothing to his incredible hearing. In short, he was doing his usual; change the rules of the fight to suit him.

With that he began to raise the amount of ice and water aura in body. That would come later thought.

#213 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:13 PM

Stone faced grimace splayed across his face, Mark continued forward, even as the stone wall exploded, raising his arm to shield his face from shrapnel. Walking steadily forward, the world went black suddenly. So he stopped in his tracks.

"I suppose you expect me to find you and kill you precisely." Mark said. "Unfortunately for you i have come to the understanding that control is not equatable with power." As he was saying this he began unclasping his gauntlet. "I can control my power to some extent. However i need a grounding device." The Mithril gauntlet fell off his shoulder and arm. "The only thing keeping me from shorting out and wiping out a half city block is this sword." He looked to where he was holding his sword. "I could end us both now. Or you can return me my sight and try to beat me" If the audience could see the spectacle occurring now, the blinding white power blasting out of Mark attempting to defuse itself, there retinas would burn clean, leaving them with a white blindness.

"Your choice"
Ummm...Yay?

#214 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

Hakishi almost wanted to belt out in laughter, this was too rich, though he decided against it. If this foe wanted to hand him the match on a silver platter, he would be more then happy to let it happen. Raising his hand to his chest, he began his ?shadow slide skill? (the same thing he used on Teyld near the end of the match last time, you know it so I won?t go into the details of how it works. And yah, I?ve named it now?) Stepping backwards slightly Hakishi slid himself cautiously into the range of his own shadow, then stepped into and disappeared, he had to then move towards where his old boulders had made a shadows now drawn deep and long in the light streaming from this man. It was a difficult task in these circumstances? but he managed.

Hakishi never said a word and waited patiently, if this foe blew himself up like he was suggesting, Hakishi would just have to wait it out. Though he did take the time to throw another kunai into the pillar through the shadow? just in case.

#215 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:24 AM

"Coward" Mark thought to himself. Without releasing his sword he raised his left hand, and unleashed a storm of terrible energy. The arcs cut through the air slamming into the ground and walls of the pit leaving minor craters scattered everywhere. A much less powerful blast then a self destruct but one that may convince his foe that he had indeed destroyed himself. "Heck, that blast may have been enough." he thought. Tightening his grip on his sword, he let the power flow freely into his left arm, and feigned death, lying on his side with his palm facing up.
Ummm...Yay?

#216 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Sighing Hakishi let his arms and muscles relax. He was never one to throw caution to the wind, but to be honest, recently caution had stepped more then a few rungs down on his priorities. He released the effect of his magic and began to release the auras that kept him locked in this shadow space between realities. (just a description, its actually not between realities.) And began to let the blanket of darkness relinquish from his own vision. Sliding out of the shadows on the ground like some sort of snake, Hakishi turned towards his foe as his own vision returned.

He was still alive.

Hakishi saw the auras flowing off of him normally, somewhat diminished, yet still strong enough to be noticed. He knew instantly his foe and fringed death. Wasting no time, he placed his hand towards his chest and began to release a very small amount of water aura and light aura into the surrounding air. Almost smiling as he did this Hakishi spoke, ?well, nice trick, lets see how you like one of mine.? The area immediately around Hakishi fuzzed for a second as if god had lowered the resolution of the world in that spot, then a split second later an exact copy of Hakishi appeared right next to him.

This was happening all over the arena, in a few seconds there were literally thousands of copies of himself looking at Mark. Each one then in unison spoke up, the original included.

?I hope your ready for this one?

(These clones are basically nothing more then light and pretty colours. So they can?t be damaged physically, but they can?t hurt you. If you attack one the attack disrupts it for a second, it melts a bit then reforms the same. Aka illusions.)

#217 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

At the sound of the voices, Marks eyes opened. Lying on his side he grinned. The energy build up in his left hand was approaching a critical point. He flipped his palm and slammed it onto the ground simultaneously kick his feet up over his head. After a second of this he let the energy flow. The concentrated effect created a stunning mini nova that shot out in all directions along the ground. Then slamming his sword into the ground beside him he pulled his left arm up pivoted around the sword, landing on his feet to watch the effect on the large number of foes now encircling him.
Ummm...Yay?

#218 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:God, guitar, computers, reading, drawing, DDR, webcomic.

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:09 AM

Somewhere outside the battle arena, a lonely kitten wails loudly. The miniscule animal sneaks in and begins to meow for food while pushing a small plastic tub with her nose.

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#219 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

A smile played a wicked little grin onto Hakishi?s face as he saw his opponent slamming his fist into the ground with the built up energy. A clever trick for figuring out which of the things were fake and which one was the real deal. Of course that was if Hakishi stayed on the ground.

Focusing a little fire and his bodies natural aura into the souls of his feet, Hakishi jumped, it used the same mechanics of the dash technique except that the focus was less, and the amount of energy expended was far more minimal, in short he would jump high, but not cause any of the damage that a dash would. At the same time, about half of the clones repeated the same action as he did and jumped into the sky. The other half, stayed on the ground and let the shockwave pass harmlessly through them, after all they were only illusions? at the moment.

Hakishi smiled, as he drew a single kunai from his belt, this was going to be fun he thought as the clones in the air began to do the same. Illusions didn?t have to stay as mere illusions, not if he wanted to put a little surprise into the situation.

Focusing on the clones, Hakishi raised his hand to his chest and focused some ice aura from the surrounding air into each of the clones. In an instant each rather then being an illusion became a solid clone, formed under the guise of illusions. Then each clone and the original threw its dagger towards the target.

In essence each clone from multiple angles had rained down a storm of kunai from all directions. Though an interesting trick, Hakishi couldn?t maintain these ice clones now, and the vast majority of them began to fall into heaps of water and ice?

However their weapons, despite losing the key pigment to disguise the genuine article from the fake, still were just as sharp as the original. Mark was going to be hit from every side by a bombardment of daggers.

And the real Hakishi, coming straight for him, through the air.

(sorry, inintentional AH)

#220 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:39 AM

Mark did the only thing he could do. As the kunai came hurtling towards him, he kicked his legs out from under him and landed prone on his hands, still holding his sword. The knives narrowly missed him on his way down, one or two grazing his back and tearing his shirt. Looking up he realized he still had a problem, as Hakishi was flying towards him. Bringing his feet up under him (a crouched position) he readied himself, grabbed his sword in both hands, and forced the electrical energy to build rapidly in his arms.
Ummm...Yay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users