289 replies to this topic

#161 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:32 AM

The entire head shattered, leaving only fragments and the chain wrapped around the neck of the beast. The ground shook, and Vladamir almost lost his balance. It was a truly shocking blow, with more force than he could have imagined the man had behind him. It was going to be entertaining...

As the other beast charged towards the behemoth, Vlad forced the crystals to clamp around the man's chain. The neck and head were beginning to grow back, and the crystal fragments were rapidly growing. They headed up the chain, and would engulf it entirely unless the man swung it constantly, breaking off the pieces each time. The crystals had a limit to the amount of oxygen they could intake, most of which was taken up by the crystal birds, but it was more than enough to engulf the chain.

"Swing! Swing away! It's the only way to save yourself!" He shouted, still using the disembodied vocal effect. Laughing, he examined the perfection of this plan. He'd have to keep on swinging and shattering the crystals, only to collect more in doing so. Even when Vlad could no longer control their growth, which was a time rapidly approaching, they'd continue to grow until they met their limit. He'd be completely worn out by the time he cleared his chain of the glorious crystal trap.

[Crystal Homunculus x2; Turn 1/2 Regrowth, Turn 3/5 Control]
[Embrace of the Wood; Turn 5/10 Full Illusion]

#162 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:53 AM

Looking over his shoulder he saw the second thing still barrelling down on him. He grabbed onto his chain, planted his feet and swung it, and the beast attached to it, overhead and down onto the incoming Homunculus. Teyld was starting to feel the wear and tear of this fight but he wasn't anywhere near exhausted.
"I can play your game all day! and when its over you better hope you can out run me!"

[Runic magick:Stoneskin 1/3 movement speed superficial healing 2/3]
Ummm...Yay?

#163 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

"Oh! Very nice, well done! I couldn't have thought of a better way to do it myself!! Splendid!! Too bad though - Now My beasts are ruined, and I've no choice but to trap you in their remains!" Vladamir said as he willed the crystals into several small daggers that would launch themselves at the behemoth from the front. Regardless of his stone skin, he'd likely be at least pushed backward by the shear force.

He made sure to leave enough to rebuild one of the beasts instatly, leaving the man with several daggers and another Homunculus to deal with. This all took a great deal of energy though, and he'd likely have expended a lot of energy. These were the final few seconds of the crystal homunculus' life span, and he planned to make it worth the time. As the daggers would launch, he would also send the beast charging in towards his foe. After that, he'd have accomplished his goal of wearing him down... But he wouldn't have the energy to maintain his illusion. He'd simply have to reveal himself and put the behemoth into a checkmate.

[All skills end next turn due to frivolous energy expenditure]

#164 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:29 PM

The daggers came in impacted moments before the stoneskin fell away and knocked Teyld backwards into a tree. With another beast stampeding towards him Teyld looked up and jumped grabbing onto a branch and pulling himself out the the things way and onto the branch. "Where are you?" he thought from the safety of the branch as the beast down below clawed and screached at him.

[Runic magick:Ended]
Ummm...Yay?

#165 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:41 PM

'Hmm.. On second thought, it seems a bit pointless to make him think the illusion is real... However, I suppose as long as the others see him able to use the terrain, they'll think they're real when I fight them. No harm done, I suppose. But the charade ends here...' Vladamir thought as the beast stopped where it stood and began to grow again. Releasing the illusion, as well as the barrier that made up the branch, he moved each of the thirteen remaining potions toward his foe, planning to surround him entirely.

"Well, it would seem that we're both at the end of our ropes. I, however, still have this match in my hand," Vladamir spoke as he slowly aproached the barbarian in his true form.

It would seem that, even in his normal form, deceit was manifest. His lush and absorbent green eyes, his facially encasing blond hair, his slender and slightly-longer-than-normal nose, nor his youthful face distinguished him as much of a fighter. The only thing that did have any such effect was the silver-hilted rapier suspended from his multi-pocketed leather carrying belt.

With a flush of the black robes he wore, he drew the rapier and pointed it at his foe. , suspending one hand, gripping something unseen, at his waist. With a flip of his hair and a devilish smirk, he halted his approach while moving the potions slowly towards his opponent.

"There are thirteen potions surrounding you. Seven of them contain explosive materials that will ignite upon exposure to oxygen, and six contain an acid capable of melting through even the strongest of materials - Aqua Fortis. Each will result in death if more than one of them hits you. Swing all you like, you won't be able to stop all of them. This, my friend, is what I like to call 'Checkmate.'

#166 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:51 PM

Smiling Teyld simply said "Sorry, you forgot something" and focused on his own fire rune magicks. With an unnatural speed he dove forward under the nearest potions, leapt to his feet and charged toward the trickster chain poised for a side long strike into his foe's ribs

[Runic magick: 2x movement speed 0/2 rounds]
Ummm...Yay?

#167 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:03 PM

Such speed! Amazing! Still, Vladamir had no time to be amazed. Instead he realeased each of the potions and focused what energy he had left on blocking the shot at his ribs. It was all he could do at the moment.

It wasn't quite enough, though - The sheer force of the blow blew him backward a good ten feet. He felt h is ribs crack, and as he rolled along the ground, the pain was almost unbearable. He had only had the time and energy to launch one final trump card.

One last potion capable of having any significant effect. A larger vial, filled with an acid even more intense than the Aqua Fortis. Be broke the bottle and suspended the fluid in the air, weaving it first toward the chain at the moment it hit him, he had no choice but to launch the next strike unknowing of whether he had dissolved the chain or not - though it was highly unlikely that he missed.

The acid spread itself and came back to Vladamir as his last defense - If the liquid touched the behemoth for even a second, the victory would be his. He had underestimated his foe, and that was what put him into this situation. Using the last of his energy, he would protect himself until the very end of this battle.

#168 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:17 PM

Staring at the suddenly uselss hunk of metal he was holding onto Teyld bellowed and hurled the chunk of steel at the trickster who was hiding behind his floating wall of acid. "I can wait here all day, you on the other hand will die from internal bleeding in enough time" So he stood their without a weapon waiting for the trickster to come out and play. And just to taunt him said "Surely you can beat an unarmed man in close combat, only a weak willed bufoon could not ignore the pain you are feeling and stand to fight me."

[Runic magick: 2x movement speed 1/2 rounds]
Ummm...Yay?

#169 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:22 PM

"Hahah... Well, you see, those muscles happen to be more of a threat than my rapier..." he said after narrowly avoiding the hurled weapon. "And you're right, I'll eventually die of my own accord. But who ever said that I needed this acid to defend myself?"

In a last desperate attempt, he manipulated the acid into two separate paths toward his foe. Even if he dodged one, it was unlikely for him to dodge the other...

"After all, a great offense can sometimes be the best defense..."

#170 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:36 PM

Beserks often sacrifice alot of themselves in order to accomplish their task. This one was no different. He bolted foward around one and then twisted around as the other shot past. Once past them he felt a searing pain along the left side of his body. Many of his ribs were exposed as well as most of the flesh on his left arm being burnt away leaving what looked like a massive zombie. With a grimance set across his face he walked towards the prone trickster and said "Checkmate"

[Runic magick:ended]
Ummm...Yay?

#171 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

The acid fell to the ground, unable to be supported by the feeble energy remaining. With a small shrug of his shoulders, he allowed himself to collapse. He had lost. He had used too much energy for reasons not worth the effort. Realizing his fatal flaw, he would take this loss as a lesson...

"Heh... Just one question. I realize you are in pain, but I can hardly move... Would you mind carrying me to the infirmary?" Vladamir managed to say between the moments where he was coughing up enormous amounts of blood.

#172 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:47 PM

"The nerve of..." Teyld grabbed the rival by the collar bone with his good arm and started draging him off to the infirmary "Does that hurt?" Teyld asked, "i'm sooo sorry" he said sarcasticly as they left the pit and headed towards the imfirmary
Ummm...Yay?

#173 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:37 AM

((Important Announcement, read the first page.))

#174 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#175 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:02 PM

#176 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:08 PM

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#177 Kinewa

Kinewa

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:God, guitar, computers, reading, drawing, DDR, webcomic.

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:21 PM

Sex adds inches to your waist... In increasing amounts for about... nine months.

#178 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:06 PM

#179 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

• Admin