#121 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:55 AM

"Does not effect the arena in any way"

Kobushi felt the ice aura, and then the fire aura, but could barely sense any trace of a shadow aura. The man had masked its formation from him; had he intended to do that..?

Kobushi had made a mistake however - Two kunai launched themselves at him from opposing angles, and there was no way to avoid both. However, the man had either made a mistake or intended for Kobushi to notice when he created a shadow aura in the same place twice. He had been examining the residual aura already, though it was far more faint than most. Because he had formed it at that exact spot, Kobushi had sensed how the energy had been directed.

'Hah... Now is as good a time as any,' he thought as he rapidly extended his arms in a manner such that his palms were shadowed. Trying his best to replicate the flow, he let his energy pour to his hands. Feeling an empty sensation that he had never felt before after using the lunar energy, he suspected that he just may succeed...

With a flash of pale silver light, the approaching daggers not only shattered, but proceeded to be thrust back in the opposite direction. Disappointed as he was at not having done what he intended, he could only be thankful that he wasn't hit by either the ice daggers or their debris.

'Damn... Well, I suppose that I shouldn't expect to get it right so early on. I'll just have to try again,' Kobushi thought as he dropped his arms and began waiting for more shadow auras to manifest themselves.

#122 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:06 PM

?He?s reflected them?? Hakishi said, his tone sinister finally coming through ?Well then, he could be entertaining.? Hakishi began to make another set of hand signs, this was one of his own personal arts, and he was going to teach a little practicality to his student here. Earth style, his favoured art, was going to be put into play. Smashing his hands into the barrier in front of him, he summoned up a good portion of the shadow auras in the surrounding area, drawing them to himself in a in one torrent, one galling stream. The air began to move violently, whipping around the barrier at a quick speed. The stone began to crack, bits of it fell, and other bits stayed. At the same time the barrier began to move in a sort of odd fashion. It began to move like a human.

More rock fell away, and a massive, golem began to stand. It was practically indestructible to most physical attacks Hakishi recalled, he wondered how his foe would respond to it. He ordered it to move towards his foe, it began to lumber forward.

At the same time, he drew one of his kunai knives and used it to cut the palm of his left hand. It bleed immediately, the red, crimson fluid ran down his wrist. Hakishi clapped his hands together, and spoke, ?Let it begin?. He moved his non-cut hand, adjusting it so it appeared, as if it were hold a long, thin cylinder shaped object that came from his wrist. From his cupped hand, their was a flash of purple light, then the it subsided into a pale glow. At the same time Hakishi began to pull his cupped hand away from the cut one. A long thin blade was being drawn out of his hand. It appeared to be shaped in a similar shape to a bastard sword. But the hilt was similar to that of a Japanese katana.

It was his ultimate weapon, the Ineigarasatsu or the shadow snake killer; He simply referred to it as Inei. The blade glowed a twisted purple colour, and everyone in a while; a thin wispy purple flame would fall off the blade like some demon playing with the natural order of things. Any human could feel the evil rolling off it; it was pure evil. The sword was only four feet in length. However, as Hakishi had found out in a past life, you could extend its reach to over fifteen feet by extending the blade, and many more its other abilities could reach even farther. Without stopping when he drew it, he proceeded to slash the air in front of him leaving a purple wispy trail of disorientation. The wispy flames flew out of the blade and hit what remained of the stonewall. It began to burn with an unholy flame and began to corrode into dust.

?This,? he spoke ?this is shadow aura?? He began, chuckle, then to laugh insanely as he raised the blade into the air, focusing additional amounts shadow aura into the blade. He sliced it down then, sending a thick, purple flame slash rocketing at his foe. Everything that was left in its wake was utterly destroyed, mere dust.

((Yep, his ultimate weapon. If you can live through one minute with this baby, you?ll have a 100% understanding of exactly what shadow auras are. Good luck.))

((Quez, I think casey has given up on your fight. Can we just call it a draw, saying that he walked out of the arena so we can open the battles for other people? if its okay with you of course.))

#123 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

((ugg its fine with me just make sure casey agrees))

((ie pm him))
Ummm...Yay?

#124 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

A tsunami - a massive wave that sucks in the sea around it and thrashes upon its target. It would consume all in its path, and destroy all that it touched. Something with such overwhelming power was regarded as the work of the Gods in his homeland, regarded as a cleansing of evil deeds. All natural disasters were as overwhelming; landslids to volcanic eruptions, everything had a purpose and was caused by something with even more overwhelming power.

Kobushi had never experienced any of these disasters first hand, but he could be fairly certain that they felt something like this. Dark, cold, and completely overwhelming him. Consuming all, the shadow aura was now all around Kobushi, manifesting itself in god-like levels in a wave of purple thrashing past him. He had been able to dodge the first attack, but he was unsure about future endeavors. Was he actually trying to kill him...?

He couldn't get close, and was at danger from the sword attacks at mid-range. even at a distance, he was an easy target. He was cornered. There was no hope of victory at any distance, and his options for attack were equally limited. Lacking long range attacks, the only way to stop the assault would be to get close and hit him with the Hisakada signature punch. However, there was no way he'd get close. He'd be cut to pieces before he even closed the gap to ten feet.

'I suppose that all I can do for now is survive... there is plenty of cover, though I'm sure he'll cut right through it... At the very least it should slow him down while I study the auras. I think that is my only option at this point...

Taking the closest cover he could find - to the side of a building to his right - Kobushi tried his best to maintain his composure and examine the massive shadow auras that surrounded him and the even more frightening auras that would be launched at him.

#125 Drackir

Drackir

Admin/Project Leader

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:58 PM

*Breaks wind loudly.*

((Mod can delete this if you wants...I'll try harder next time!))

#126 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:08 PM

*Breaks wind loudly.*

((Mod can delete this if you wants...I'll try harder next time!))

(( :lol: Amushin, verh amsushin.))

#127 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:09 PM

((Man, what's going on? casey stopped posting and everything suddenly died. :sad: ))

#128 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

((UI lost track of your post, thought you hadn't responded. Sorry, my bad.))

A bead of sweat ran down Hakishi forehead, he was no physical fighter, and using this blade was incredible, but if he used it for too long, he wouldn?t even have the energy to breath. Of course, that would take a while yet to reach that point. But he rather not still show the full extent of his powers to this man, rather he would give him an option. Survive and learn; Or be so fully destroyed that even the arenas medical staff couldn?t save him. He would use the blade to slice the air in a thirty foot radius with shadow aura, in effect cutting through space and time to the point at which everything within the cut would be destroyed by first the cut, then the sudden release of shadow auras would disintegrate them like they had when the blade was drawn, a finisher in its self this attack was.

Hakishi grabbed the blade and pulled it back, preparing for one mid level strike across the earth. The blade left the same wispy trail as before. His students only hope was to attempt to use shadow auras to create a wall around himself in such a massive quantity that he could create a safe bubble of space for the attack.

At best, the remaining area would be rubble, including his bookstore. Hakishi grinned insanely at the prospect of such overwhelming destruction this blade could bring. He stared his swipe, his opponent would only have a second to respond at best, but if he could, he would be able to teach him all that he needed to know about shadow auras in a few hours, rather then lifetimes.

#129 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:01 PM

((Ah, no problem. I was simply wondering what was going on.

Also, is the Teyld vs. Casey match officially over? I want to throw Vladamir into the fray sometime. And I'd also object to calling it a draw - Quez should be awarded a victory, as his opponent was at fault, not him.))

Kobushi could sense the movement of the blade's aura. He was preparing for a slash, and that could only mean that he could still hit him where he stood. Completely exhausted of all other options, he did the only thing he could think of - preparing his moonlight dash in an instant, he exerted a great deal of energy in forcing himself away from the man, hopefully out of the reach of the blade...

And it would seem that the approximately thirty foot range of the swallowing shadows was just barely short of destroying him. He felt the rush of energy and wind from the attack, but managed to avoid the actual blow. Thank the Gods for that, because he was certain he would be nothing more than the rubble and ash now lining the surrounding area.

He brought himself to a stop as soon as he felt the muscles in his legs begin to tear. It would be dangerous to proceed any further, and it would be impossible for him to avoid another attack by ordinary methods. Fortunately, he could feel it now. He could feel the distinct properties of shadow aura, and was even able to single them out upon examining the flow of his own dash. Spotting the many shadows of both buildings and rubble, he may have a chance to keep avoiding things if he could manage to replicate the magics used for the kunai attacks. Acknowledging the danger of trying such a thing without proper training, he only hoped the man would see that he had a bit of understanding now.

#130 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:47 PM

((Sigh, this decision has actually put me off role playing for a bit, but I now know how to make it while keeping the developing story line complete and not deviating from the plot.

All right, the fight is a defeat for Casey; he left the arena before the fight had ended. His opponent was still standing despite the massive auto hit, which was still an impressive hit non the less. Either way that would of cost the fight, or at least carried a major penalty.

However, because he left the arena, I still can say safely that the fight is Quez victory in both plot and OCC stuff. Thus that?s my conclusion. Sorry Casey.))

"Does not effect the arena"

Hakishi smiled as the stream of black light whipped out of the blade, slashing through everything. He enjoyed the sound of the screams of people, he was sure that many of the areas non-combatants had died, but it would be a while before anyone powerful would come to check out the area, in fact it would probably be another hour or so before anyone at all came, most of the people who had perished were the people who lived around here anyways, so it would probably take while for the fight to be noticed.

Or if it didn?t, he doubted that anyone would actually try to fight him. Thus far he had only counted one person at this arena who had a chance of matching him when he didn?t limit himself.

He looked into the swirling mists of the debris that were now smouldering with the purple flames, he had to stair hard because the overwhelming amounts of shadow auras unleashed had left the area pretty much blinded for auras. He had to stare long and hard to see if his foe had survived.

He had.

And thus he had passed the first part of the training. He had passed it with overwhelmingly flying colours too. Even though passing at that level was just surviving anyways. Hakishi decided for the only thing he had left to do was teach him the technical aspects. He wouldn?t need the Ineigarasatsu anymore, so he would return it to where it had come from. He straightened the blade and placed it up too his cut hand, he straightened it and shoved the blade into wound, it was absorbed back into the place in which he had hidden it, sealed back within his arm. He then proceeded to focus his attention back on his golem, bringing it off the ground from was the blast had flattened it too. He would send this creature into the fray to see if his student could use his newfound abilities to bring it down. The trick here was he had to distort the aura ports with an aura to stop it, if he did this the thing would be immobilized. A simple task if he had taken his lesson to heart.

The war creature then began to walk toward were his foe was standing. This was going to be interesting to watch.

((You have permission to auto hit and wreck the golem as you see fit. Enjoy~!))

#131 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:56 AM

((Sorry, this type of fight is not for me.
As for the autohit, Quez and I spoke outside of the match. And turning my back was my way of giving a hit to Quez, which he didn't take.
I also spoke with you, Megell, in the attempt of sorting everything out.
Now. A note on free-form battling: grow a spine. Your so-called "autohits" are a necessity. Enough of this "I attempt to try to throw my fist in the general direction of my enemy even though I know I'll never land a single hit because that would be considered an autohit and I'm afraid of stepping on anyone's toes". Either fight or go play golf. Or, even better, sketch out a quick method of checking for accuracy.
Heck, take the Risk system and use D20s. Attacker uses one die, defender two. Defender's lowest roll isn't counted, but if his highest is higher than the attacker's, the attack misses.
I believe this would be a suitable method of applying a vital piece of order while not subtracting from the literary side.
Until then, so long.))

EDITED: Removed yellow.

Edited by Megell, 28 March 2007 - 12:29 PM.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#132 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:26 PM

(( For Casey exclusively, its not that important to everyone else, but read it if you feel up to it.

Casey, as a veteran of combat style RP?s, I have to tell you your utterly and completely wrong. Auto hits, despite how you may choose to word it are still wrong. Auto hits limit how your opponent can respond, limits the outcome of the fight to one characters decisions. I understand how you can feel at times that you might be launching perfect attacks on your opponent all the time, and you should at least be able to lay a single hit. You may end up feeling like your being mistreated, unfairly judged, and ripped off.

But your forgetting I read all of the posts on this thread many times to make sure that they are all balance. If there is an issue, I will call it to everybody?s attention when the fight is over, or if people start asking me for judgements. That is the only time I will intervene in a fight. End of story.

Now at first I usually won't jump the gun on complaining about an auto hit, they can be rather interesting plot devices. (As I have shown in other RP?s.) I actually let most things slide unless someone complains, then I deal with it as best as I can. Now Casey, I'm usually very laid back, and hate making judgement calls, but in this case a few people had asked for it, some had complained, and I was forced to step in.

Now, to state how you mentioned how people should be cool with A-H's, this is bullocks. Auto Hits can be an effective plot device as I said, but in a fight where your goal is too win, not in actual plot, this takes away from that goal. And then takes away from the fun and leads to bickering...

Oh wait, sort of like it has now? Hmmmm. <_<

Casey, I'm gunna put this plain and simple.

You are in the wrong.

Your a close friend of mine, and you know how I usually refuse to make judgement calls, thus this coming not only from me, but from other people should give you the heads up that you screwed up. But does this mean your necessarily a bad RPer? Of course not; a bad person? No. It just means that probably I didn't explain stuff well enough.

Auto-hits, GodModding, and many other things like these two are unbelievable annoying. My character Hakishi, who coincidently I have been using for a year today, is getting unbelievably powerful because of his adaptive nature. In a full technical sense, he should destroy any human that considered fighting him. So does this mean I can just write, "I slash you across the chest, it is a fatal wound, you die."?

NO.

Even though in all practicality, that?s what should happen. (And usually does.) At the end of a fight, I can?t just write that down. Then it become a story about a character rather then a RP.

RPS in this style are not about rolling a dice, flipping a coin, or any other luck orientated skill. It?s about taking a character your mind has created and pinning it against another mind. It?s that simple, you force your opponent into a corner, you pick away their defences; learn their tricks and pummel them until they are beaten. That is what makes a fight in this style so addictive, so much fun.

Yes, I'm afraid of auto hits; who wouldn't be? Free form role-playing IS about growing a spine, but it?s also about growing a brain. You can figure out away around every character, you can beat any character, the trick is just figure out their strengths and weaknesses and exploit them.

I've said too much on this. It?s just that in all fairness, everyone has toes and it?s a crowded room. I don't mind stepping on some toes, but in some cases people who are a bigger threat then me, should generally have their toes avoided. Auto-hits are one of these big guys, and no offence I don't want to even go there.

Now to move onto a slightly more general topic, If Quez or you pmed me saying that this was planned, or at least put a marker in you post I would of not cared. Something along the lines of "we agreed on the AH", or something.

But everything I read implied that Quez had not been expecting that, and it was just an excuse to end the fight. And in your favour too boot. Next time you plan something like this... IF IT WAS PLANNED... please inform us all. It will save some hassle down the road. Also in light of me having to pm you a warning that the fight might be cancelled, then you told me that there was post flooding, then I cleaned the issue up with irksome post tag formats, then you posted that attack which I would describe as angry and confrontational to the system of the RP... I would have to say you don't present the best case for your innocence.

Though in my usual manner, it isn't my place to judge those things unless asked. This is all I will say on this topic for this point on. This is over. If you have further issues, resolve them with me via PM?s.

P.S. Yellow is my colour, please don't use it, its for key arena announcements and the like, kinda marks what needs to be known to all.))

READ THIS STUFF!
((Now onto another topic, the arena is now officially open again. PLEASE START POSTING AGAIN, the arena is open. I'll post a little conclusion for the fight.))

Alex, a tall blond youth, watched the fight from the stands, he never was one too judge, but the shaded figure had made a mistake? He had foolishly left the arena before the fight was officially over. He had thrown his chance of victory to technicalities. He watched as the mammoth man stood up, his skin covered in stone and looked around the arena for his foe that had already left. It let out a primal cry of rage when he saw that his opponent had left early. He had been cheated out of a real fight.

Alex shivered and gripped tightly onto his rapier, he hoped he never had to fight monsters like he had seen in the arena today, as he watched the titan walk out of the arena.

He wondered if the next fight would be worse or better, he was nervous to even watch that one.

#133 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:36 PM

((Bleagh! Misread things....))

At first, perhaps because of his own adrenalin pumping in massive amounts, he had not heard the screams. Now however, he could hear them clearly. He had, after all, been focusing his energy on each and every shadow in the area for some time now, loosening his hold only long enough to dash away from the blast radius. He could hear them - or rather, feel them - as they perished from this world. Was such a sacrifice necessary?

No. The blade was as evil as Kobushi had sensed. That thing was a break in the equillibrium that allowed his power to exist. A plague upon humanity. He could do nothing now, but... Eventually, he would have no choice but to either destroy the blade or destroy the wielder of the blade. For now though, he had other things to worry about.

The golem? Damn... Right away, Kobushi realized that no physical attack or destructive method would work. He'd have to do something with the lunar energy he'd been focusing on the shadows, and somehow completely seperate the light from the darkness. He could distinguish between the two, but was still somewhat unprepared to make full use of the shadow aura.

There's no time! his thoughts screamed as the rockbeast loomed closer. He'd blow it to bits, and then when the man began to recreate it, he'd focus on the auras being used and attempt to halt their flow. If he could stop it from being reassembled, there was no need to actually defeat it...

The first stance. placing his legs and hands together, he began to call upon Tsukuyomi's gift. The flow brought with it a piercing pain, almost as if his veins were on fire. Moving into the second stance, he pushed his left foot forward and turned to the side. As he did so, he moved the still-connected hands in a circular motion, letting his left hand fall limp at the end while his right clenched a tight fist. The third and final stance involved no movement from his current position, but rather focusing a great deal of energy into both his legs and his right fist. The pain was unbearable, and he knew that he wouldn't be able to use his legs again until he went to the infirmary. But he also knew that he wouldn't need to...

His movements exploded like a gunshot, echoing through the rubble. In one purple glowing streak, he shot towards the golem very near the speed of sound. The strike would follow, uninhibited by the sheard density or hardness of the golem - with an explosion of pure lunar energy from the impact of his fist and forward, the beast shattered and sent the rocks rocketing towards their manipulator. With the left hand he had been careful not to strain, he began focusing the last of his energy on pieces of rock.

The man would surely block the stones and then attempt to recreate the golem, where he would be met by the only thing Kobushi had been able to maintain after seperating the auras - Light. He had said that light and shadow normally react violently with each other if the user lacks control. And since there were two different users controlling two different auras, with shadow being the foundation of all the others, the violent reaction would be all that Kobushi could hope for. He had failed once again. This time though, he was certain that he would not lose to a golem. If he had another test planned afterwards though... Well, that was an entirely different story.

~~~~~

~~~~~DOES EFFECT THE ARENA~~~~

"Ah, what a shame! Underestimating an opponent is one thing, but walking out of the arena? Hahaha!! A coward, incapable of winning this match against the greatest force in this world..." Vladamir said as he manipulated the hearing of those around him the same way he had altered their sight - He would still look and sound as though he were a muscular multi-weapon using fool, and he supported this acting very well as he struck a valiant pose just outside of the arena.

"I shall fight no cowards, and I shall fight no weaklings! Who here thinks they have the muscle to defeat me, the greatest swordsman in all the lands!? IF you are brave, I would challenge anyone who was willing to the greatest test of strength - a match in the normal arena, but Type Four! Only a true warrior dares take such a challenge, and I shall only fight a warrior who is true! Anyone else is not worth my time!!" he bellowed arrogantly as he leaped into the center of the arena, still maintaining the image to all surrounding. Luckily, there were very few minds present to manipulate, making the task not too difficult. He was sure his arrogant performance would anger someone enough into accepting his challenge, and then... Well, the rest need not be explained. The image was perfect after all - He had not left even a single trace of evidence to his magical charade. Even the distracting explosions from outside had not made him lose his focus. Flexing his illusionary muscles, he awaited a response.

#134 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:00 PM

As Teyld left the arena he heard a rather grand proclaimation from a large man bedecked in weaponry. He looked over his shoulder and shouted "Your on worm! Allow me a visit to the infirmary, and the weaponry and I will show you true strength" With that he looked back the way he was headed and went to the infirmary

~~~~~~~~
Ten minutes later
~~~~~~~~

Teyld walked back into the arena feeling like a new man. Refreshed and feeling like he could move a mountian. There was something different about him though. He wasn't wearing his bracers. And there was a 7 foot long 3 inch thick steel chain wrapped up his right arm. He was ready for this last fight before he would return to his home.

"I hope I didn't keep you waiting. Prepare to be crushed" As he said that a huge grin crossed his face.
Ummm...Yay?

#135 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

Gee, wow, Megell. I'm not even going to give you the courtesy of finishing your post.
Because you clearly didn't do the same for me.
I refuse to clarify anything I said, because if you had read it the first time, you would have understood.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#136 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:48 PM

"WAHAHAHA!!! You believe you can beat me!?!?" he bellowed in the same artificially arrogant tone. As he pulled two behemoth blades from their rightful places on his back, he made definite sure to cause a bright glint by rubbing the two shining white blades together. The blinding flash would be just enough to send the illusion forward while he, weighed down only by potions and a robe, blacked himself out from his opponents vision through a simple illusion which would cause him to blend perfectly with the arena wall. The others would see the same thing for now, though he knew that he held no chance of creating elaborate illusions to each and every one of the onlookers. It didn't matter though. The weight of the chains would be his opponents downfall. He may not even have to get complex.

Creating a magical barrier in the shape and position of the two behemoth blades, they would seem real enough as long as he could manipulate his opponents hearing properly. He silently laughed at how simple the human mind was to manipulate once you knew how it worked. He would play this game for awhile, letting his opponent think this illusion to be a godly swordsman. It was fun playing with people's minds, especially when they're angry. He had been robbed of his victory - a great injustice. Vladamir would almost feel bad as he slowly defeated his foe... Almost.

#137 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:05 PM

((Aren't we all in a cavern with a ceiling?))

"Enough chatting, lets dance." Still smiling Teyld walked foward and let the chain drop from his shoulder while holding one end in his right hand. He lunged foward swinging the massive chain up and to the left and spinning it clockwise overhead he swung it down in a diagonal slash at his opponents left knee.
Ummm...Yay?

#138 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:10 PM

((Aghh!! It's because I didn't get any sleep. I'll be more attentive from now on. My apologies - Edited.))

Too easy, he thought as he made the illusion dodge with inhuman quickness. Admittedly though, he had made a slight mistake. The chains would be more powerful with the added weight as long as the behemoth was strong enough to wield them. It made no difference though.

"HA! You think you can stop me, the greatest warrior alive!?!?" Vladamir had gotten far enough into his opponents mind to project the voice from any (or all) given angle. He decided he'd give him this one in surround sound as he made the blades shine more brilliantly. He had seen a warrior with attacks like that once - He called himself a paladin, or a soldier of God. Nonsense. But it was intimidating none the less. Perhaps the barbarian had a fear of magic... If that were the case, then this fight would already be over. He knew perfectly well that his foe held no fear.

'Hmph... Then I'll just have to force the courage out of him, bit by bit... Once I get bored with this swordsman ploy, you'll regret accepting this challenge. Of that, I promise you...

#139 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:15 PM

"So you can throw you voice ehh? and your blades are shiny, so far you are strickly superficial. Lets see what your made of" As Teyld said this he snapped his arm out and up using the chain in a whip like fashion aiming for the swordsman's midriff. "If i get in close enough he won't be able to use those swords, if he has any real talent that is, but better safe than sorry" he thought. Teyld then bolted foward following up his chain strike.
Ummm...Yay?

#140 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

For a moment, he thought about blocking the whip-like attack. However, Vladamir began to ponder whether it would be best to intimidate him and make him constantly alert, or just to let him feel a false sense of security before he moved everything into place...

Quickly creating another magical barrier at the point of impact, this one absorbent like human flesh, he let the mock swordsman be hit. To couple with the magical barrier, he also had to make him fly backwards into the ground. The sudden illusion was hard to instill into everyone watching, but he thought he managed to do so. It was going to get difficult if he had to keep making everyone see the same thing... He had to start the main illusion soon so that he wouldn't have to show the minute ones to the people in the arena. Soon, but he wasn't quite ready yet.

With a loud "Oof!!" the swordsman fell to the ground. A look of dissatisfaction spread across his face, but he didn't get up. There probably wouldn't be time. Instead, he prepared the swords in a cross-like fashion across his chest, preparing for the next attack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users