#21 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING.

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:02 PM

Hakishi mind stopped for only a split second to tell the rest of him ?Shit?. He had been foiled a bit in this one, had his opponent dodged, he would had sufficient time to prepare his ploy. But now he had to improvise a bit.

His physical reflexes were fast, but without dash he could not get out of this predicament, thus he had to shift his opponent?s attack away from his key areas by attacking again first. As his opponent barged closer, Hakishi removed his right hand from his blade and reached back to grab another knife from his belt. He wouldn?t have time to make immediate use of this second dagger, but because he had it, it would save him the trouble of messing up and not having another when he needed.

Also, rather then stepping backwards, as his opponent had most likely expected him to do. Hakishi took a step forward, extending his knife, There was no way that this last second move could possible be damaging, unless of course the tinkering hulk heading towards him at least didn?t take the briefest time to counter the blade and swipe it aside. If he didn?t, the small agile blade would be in the perfect position to slash at the jugular.

That little time would be all that Hakishi needed.

[Dash, level 1 (Time seems to go at 1/10): 2/2 round left to reuse, else damage]

[Technique mastery: Basics: 40%]

#22 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:42 AM

(( I figured I might as well post just to make my presence known. Carry on. ^_^ ))

A slender, chiseled young man sat calmly within one of the seats closest to the pit. The match that he was observing was one of bloodlust, not of sport - therefore was quite unexpected. 'I suppose I was just at the right place at the right time,' the young fighter silently spoke. Indeed, there was nothing more entertaining to a true warrior than watching a great fight. This was, after all, what promised to be a very interesting battle of wits versus pure strength.

The brainy side of this match had much at his disposal, as Kobushi could plainly see. He had exhibited an incredible display of inhuman speed, and though had no way of knowing for sure, he had a distinct feeling that he was about to release a quite powerful chi attack.

'He's combining elements, clearly... Though I wonder if such a display causes him the same pain I feel when using lunar energy...?' His thoughts dissipated however, as the fighter then followed his action with what he could only describe as a brilliant attempt at prolonging the time he had to charge for his next attack.

But it was just that - an attempt. The man had charged right through the attack, taking significant damage and paying no mind to the pain. He just leaped forward, straight into the outstretched knife...

Kobushi knew that this was the climax of the fight; What happened hear was likely to determine the outcome. There were a couple of options for either party, though judging by character alone, Kobushi's insight led him to root for wit once again. After all, no matter how strong you are, there comes a time when you will certainly pay the price for charging straight into damaging attacks.

'It;s not guaranteed yet, though,' the young man thought as the moment of truth dawned upon the two warriors within the pit.

#23 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:41 AM

This time Teyld did notice the knife and the angle at which it was held and his opponents unexpected step foward. "just moving himself closer" he thought.

This time he did try to parry with a downward righthanded swing onto his rivals wrist and carrying his own weight on to drop his fist parrellel with his left. If that succeeded he would reverse his motion swinging both hands clasped in an underhanded arc and attempt to shatter his opponents jaw. Or if the unfortunate victim happened to have a unusually strong jaw the whiplash would easily break his neck.

Teyld was enjoying this fight.
Ummm...Yay?

#24 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Ninja, anime and pie, in that order.<br><br>ask casey for more.

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:49 AM

Just outside the small subterranian village Montresor stands watching the arrival of the new warriors, they trickle in with a mix of fear and awe on their faces. Almost always they proceed to the great Colosseum. there was no doubt in his mind that he was easily the eldest of the warriors, he had been one of the originals in this hell, but he had no doubt that these pitiful recruits could not match his guile.

Picking up his trident and net, Montresor proceeded back into the town, to find a match. Upon reaching his favorite gathering hall he posted a challenge.

fighter wanted for a match, Type ten setting 3, and remember, Nemo me impune lacessit. I'll be waiting.

he then proceeded to the arena, hoping to catch the end of a battle. it was going to be a good day.

Posted Image

#25 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:25 AM

Luckily for him, his foe did counter his attack, buying Hakishi enough time to prepare the attacks. However, he wasn?t too pleased with the cost of preparing the attack. His opponent, as expected had guarded his fatal attack, however he had also countered a combined slam attack with his opposing hand; or he would, if he continued along his projected path.

Hakishi took advantage of his right hands freedom and moved his wrist in fount of the path of the blow. It wouldn?t prevent the damage itself, but it would distribute the force into other areas of his body so it wouldn?t break his neck.

His left hand was pushed downward by the barbarian?s forceful arms, he felt the knife fall from his hand under blow, and realized now his left hand was disabled to a degree because it lacked a weapon. Also, at the same time, he crossed his right arm in front of his face, in between the line of the strike and his jaw. The effects, in essence came so fast, Hakishi?s mind registered them as one action even though there were many.

At first, he felt the force hit his arm, then not even a split second later, his right arm come smashing into his jaw. He didn?t have nearly the physical strength to counter such a move, so his arm, like a piece of paper in a hurricane was blown away by the built up force of not only the running start, but the power in the mans arm itself. His arm, acted in the same way a bed of needles works, distributing the pressure through out the body so not a single point is damaged painfully. The effect translated into, rather being hit in one point fatally, the force was distrubted equally, resulting in no real physical damage, barring of course the defending arm.

As Hakishi felt the arm collide with his mask, he heard two cracking sounds, one he assumed to be the cherry wood breaking, and the other he assumed to be one of his wrist bones. It was later confirmed as a massive amount of pain struck his arm. Feeling the pain, he immediately concluded that the Ulna was fine, but the Radius had had a compound fracture. He felt the bone tearing through the skin.

The force of the blow also sent Hakishi sliding back several feet on his back; he was a little stunned that someone had actually gotten into his physical space and had laid a solid strike on him. Rather then continuing though thinking about what had happened. He took advantage of the space that had now been put between him and the hulking mass. Slamming his hand into the ground, his left hand, he released a good amount of the shadow and ice auras, this attack would move through the ground in a second, and then cause a wall of ice to appear between him and his foe. If his foe tried to run through it, odds are he would be frozen in it.

This ice, despite its normal appearance, was created by condensing and rapidly freezing the water in the air into a solid mass of ice. Also, because of the shadow auras, it would have the added benefit of being as strong as tempered steel. Hakishi focused briefly on the wall, send the auras to create a ten foot high wall, and a ten foot long wall between him and his now restricted prey.

The wall formed in an instant. Appearing as if the air itself was freezing over, the wall grew rapidly out of the ground, and provided him with a barrier. At this point, he came to the end of his slide, it had put a good fifteen feet between him and his foe and it had only taken a second. He was lucky to be even in this shape.

Taking the time the barrier would give him, he then used another portion of his own body?s collected ice auras to cause the water in the air to condense. He raised his broken, left hand into the air, and placed his right hand to his chest in a hand sign. Effectively, this would cause the water to become mist, then slowly, over time a huge fog that would reduce visibility. Another thing the fog would do would be highly deafen the sounds in the air, this would make tracking due to sound also impossible.

The fog would take about fifteen seconds to come to full effect and cancel out normal vision and hearing. Now that the effect was starting though, he wouldn?t need to maintain the effect. He turned his full attention back to his foe. And watched as the fog began to roll in.

((Fifteen seconds is approximately three rounds. So include the fog text in your next post please. [Just for my benefit.]))

[Technique mastery: Basics: 66%]

[Fog, (Vision reduced -33% at the end of each post until 100%): -33% vision.]

((@ Mizukage, Rytiko, welcome and hello, nice to see you showing an intrest. :lol: ))

#26 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:BONGOS! Philosophy, Some martial arts, dnd, people watching...(it's oddly fun)<br><br>Well...my name is Matt, I'm 5'3.5&quot; brown hair and eyes. When people ask what's up I'll normally tell them the sky. I am consistently random. I was also in high school for far too long. My age is...well if you can't figure that out from my date of birth shame on you... want to know more? just ask :)

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:13 AM

After making an impact which should have proved fatal Teyld watched in stark amazment at what next transpired. A wall of solid ice formed between him and his prey. Not only that but the speed at which his foe moved his arm to absorb the blow was something he had never encountered.

Also a heavy fog was falling which was strange considering where they were. He now regreted knocking his opponent so far away.

"i'll have to hunt blind" Teyld thought to himself.

He started walking around the improvised barrier. But realized he couldn't hear his own foot falls.

"Shit"

Teyld now realized his opponent may very well have the upper hand. So he waited for his prey to make the next move. and hoped it would be soon.

[Fog, (Vision reduced -33% at the end of each post until 100%): -66% vision]

((kinda like that? ^))

((and would you mind explaining what the Technique mastery: Basics: #% means? thanks :) ))
Ummm...Yay?

#27 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:18 PM

((The speed he moved his arm was not really fast btw, it?s just it would take longer to jump and strike then make that move, just to clear that up so you don?t feel ripped off at all. All in all it was a flimsy counter that cost a great deal. But it was the only practical counter available under the circumstances.))

As the fog continued to roll in, Hakishi smiled, his foe would never see him coming under these circumstances. It was getting close to check mate. As the fog began to roll in more, Hakishi further analysed the effects that the fog would have, first off, it would reduce the sound quality, however distinct sounds, such as talking or louder sounds would still come through.

He spoke as the fog began to roll in, mocking his opponent;

?I pray that you can improvise a way out of this, else this little fight will be over soon enough.?
The fog, now coming in from all angles enveloped Hakishi; He knew that is foe would now be rendered completely blind, but himself would still have a the advantage of sight. Or sight in a sense. The mask on his face that had been cracked began to corrode further. The few fibrous strands that had kept the pieces of wood together began to crack and fall. His white hair, now falling loosely in front of his eyes, caught bits of the destroyed mask. He moved his hand up to his eyes, and swept away the pieces. If the fog wasn?t there his opponent would have seen his eyes.

They were completely white; Hakishi in essence was blind to the world most people knew. But that didn?t mean he couldn?t see. Hakishi, because of his blindness had long ago focused in on seeing peoples auras, sensing them, and understanding them, and because of this, even in the most dark and shrouded conditions he could still see. Provided his opponent still gave off an aura of some sort.

The only time someone had beaten him in these conditions, they had done it by cancelling out the magic fields in the area, rendering him deaf, blind and utterly screwed.

Hakishi released the auras that were holding the ice wall together, even in the sound restricted area he heard the cracking and shattering sounds of the ice as it collapsed and then turned into a large puddle of water on the floor. Now, the real fun was about to begin.

Moving as quietly as he could, he moved to another point in the arena and sat down. The next technique would require his complete and utter concentration. Placing both his hands together, he crossed his fingers and began a low chant. This technique would take most of his energies to maintain, but it would force his foe into a corner.

Focusing another large blast of shadow and ice aura into the air in front of him, he focused in on another one of Croix?s techniques. This one, he had encountered in his second fight with him, but from that point on, he had always put it too good use.

Focusing his aura, he created a large block of ice, then manipulating the shadow auras he coloured it and formed it into a perfect replica of him. Then focusing another line of shadow aura into the clone, he began to animate it.

He could create several of these clones at once (three at maximum), but for this battle, he would only create two, one to attack, one to defend him as he maintained both. Each clone was only a fraction as powerful as the original, but he wasn?t aiming for quality here, just hoping to get a cheep few hits on his foe.

The clone now animated moved towards his opponent, it stood approximately fifteen feet away and spoke in a low voice, auditable enough to be heard over the deafening effects of the mist, but not loud enough to give away anything but its direction.

?Now, I have the upper hand? The doppelganger spoke, ?And now, I will punish you for the damage to my precious mask.?

[Technique mastery: Basics: 70%]
[Fog, (Vision reduced -33% at the end of each post until 100%): -99% vision]
((The fog, once it reachs 100% blindness will last for about 15 rounds. Thats a long time, but if you want to keep track of it then feel free.

Also, the Technique mastery is Hakishi's real sword, I think I'm gunna keep you guessing a little longer on that. But I will give you some hints.

-he's never claimed any attacks for his own.
-he can see magic.
-he is studying you.

I bet you have a pretty good guess now.))

#28 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:48 PM

((No i don't feel ripped off :P))

Now Teyld isn't a smart man but he knows when he is being baited. Why would this seemingly clever foe give away his location after doing so much to hide it?
But still slightly under the influence of his rage he charged in the direction of the voice. And just for kicks he concentrates on the fire magicks his runic tattoos provided him with.

These runes allow him to speed up his metabolism and reaction time. However if active for too long could easily destroy his heart.

Teyld dashes towards his foe's voice and gets ready for a backhanded blow with the blade of his bracer that should, if his hearing is still good, end up in the side of his wiley prey.

[Runic magick: 2x movement speed for 3 rounds]

((and i think he's a bit of a mimic artist :o))
Ummm...Yay?

#29 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:09 PM

Upon arriving at the treasured arena Montresor was confused by the extremely dry air in the stands while the battlefield seemed to have undergone an extensive soaking, tendrils of mist still curled around the war zone.

After taking a seat Montresor was able to distinguish the combatants. "Four?" he said to himself quizically, but soon noticed the caster in the corner of the field, "Ahh, Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu, very nice." Montresor turns to the young skinny man beside him and says "but its not enough for Kakashi ((meh!)) wanna lay some odds? that Berserk has alot more fight in him."

Posted Image

#30 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:53 PM

The mist had encompassed the pit, and Kobushi chuckled a bit. Visibility was lost; no matter the strength, if his opponent kept quiet, there was no way brute muscle like that could find him. Kobushi also was lost as to what was going on, though. Although able to sense the flow of chi, it was coming from four different areas... However, only two combatants were there. The energy levels themselves were strange enough as well, one of which suddenly flaring up to a very high level whilst the other three seemed to be a part of one, each a third weaker than the whole.

'It's gathering, though... What kind of teqnique is this...?' His thought was interrupted though, by a man holding a trident asking what he thought of the odds. He thought this a rather odd question, considering the severe disadvantage the barbarian-like fighter was in.

"Honestly? I believe your pick doesn't stand a chance," he said in as polite a tone as possible. "Sure, he has 'a lot of fight'... But unless he figures out a way to clear the mist, I see no way he will be able to defeat his foe. This match... Is over."

His final sentence bore a tone of finality, one that may seem misplaced. 'Judging by the spiritual energy he's focusing, though... It is a safe assumption.'

#31 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:17 PM

The clone didn?t flinch at all, rather it stayed exactly where it was, the bracer slashed into it, sending a stream of liquid flying from the chest of the clone. The clone, now that it had been stabbed, reacted a bit differently then a normal human would. It smiled. Then it grabbed onto the bracer that was embedded into the flesh of its body, drove it in further, making sure that the opponent could not escape while it was still holding onto the weapon.

The clone, chuckled a quite, little, menacing laugh. Hakishi opponents weapon was trapped into the double. And now, Hakishi would punish him lethally. While he had moved the other clone into position, he had created the clone for defence; he had sent this clone a few meters to his right and got it to draw several of its fake kunai. These weapons, though obviously weak due to their icy ingredients, were still none the less sharp. The clone, threw its daggers as the other clone binded the trident to its dying body.

The dying clones chuckled grew into a laugh, then it spoke once more in its now dying voice.

?Watch your back??

To be extra safe, Hakishi at this point began to focus more of his remaining stored up ice aura to focus another two ice clones into existence, he also released his control on the other that had the trident in it. It would melt to nothing more then water a few seconds after it lost his focus, but it would still bind his foe long enough to keep him occupied while the icy daggers hit his back. The two clones he had just created would provide him with the necessary water for another trap. He just needed to deliver them around the arena a bit.

After this point, he would be relying on his own ice auras for one final attack. Then the match would be over.

[Technique mastery: Basics: 70%]
[Ice Clones in existence: 3/3]

#32 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:02 PM

Beserks are known throughout the land for their bloodlust and uncontrolable rage. To mock one isn't always a wise move. When those words "watch your back..." were spoken Teyld's rage flared. While the clone held the bracer close to his chest Teyld let out a primal scream much more beast than man. He lifted the arm buried in this things chest and swung it overhead and pivoting as he went heaved the thing into the ground. But the clone became water on impact.

This, not only being a fit of rage, rotated Teyld so he could face this new menace.

"SHOW YOURSE..."

Before he could finish those words several kunai hit him in the chest. "that hurt, you'll pay for that" he thought. Running full out with his direction towards the area the kunai struck him he was preparing to use more effective crushing strikes on these ice creatures. Blood was trickling down his chest, shoulder and gut. He pulled the knife out of his shoulder and hurled it towards the direction he was headed.

"CAN'T YOU FIGHT ON YOUR OWN YOU COWARD?!?!"

Teyld wasn't enjoying this fight as much as he would like to

[Runic magick: 2x movement speed 2 self rounds remaining]

((where did the trident come from?))
Ummm...Yay?

#33 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:16 PM

((Me having a stupid moment, I meant to type bracer, but my brain got lost in translation.))

Hakishi, seeing his opponent barring down on the clone who had just thrown the kunai decided that the best thing to do would to get one of his clones to slip around the back of his opponent, and attack from a ranged stance again. While the other clone, the one that had thrown the knives would attack straight on. A simple yet effective plan, though this probably would be the last time he could use it without his opponent catching on.

Suddenly Hakishi felt something run past his cheek, it left a cool, yet warm feeling. It was one of the kunai daggers that clone had thrown earlier, and it had just been thrown back at him. Realizing that the foe had probably been aiming for the clone, but because of the mist had missed the target by upward of ten meters and had actually come close to getting a one in a million face shot on the real opponent?

?Lucky,? Hakishi thought, ?thought he?ll need more then that to take a win from me.?

Hakishi then switched his hand sign slightly, and resumed chanting. He was going to now stock up a little extra shadow and light auras for his next move. This would be a good opportunity to exploit some key weaknesses in his opponents fighting style.

The clone that had thrown the knife began to run towards the opposing foe, drawing a single kunai knife and placing it in his off hand. Hakishi was going to try to see how trusting his foe was. He was going to treat this clone as if it were the real him. The clone, now about fifteen feet from the opponent took the opportunity to throw a quick response dagger, then it drew another and continued to run at this foe. As it drew closer, it would take the opportunity to take another slash at the chest of the foe. This time, Hakishi would observe complete silence so the foe would not realize what was going on till it was too late to make an effective counter.

In the mean time, the remaining clone began to run around on an arch to the back of his foe. Rather then giving away his position like last time, this clone would go to his opponents back and throw four kunai knives. The hulking brute must be getting tired around now, or at least would not be performing at his top.

Also, a final thing Hakishi smiled to notice was that the mist was begging to pool little puddles of water around the arena, it was getting close now, the grand finale to this battle. He smiled as he maintained the two remaining clones.

[Technique mastery: Basics: 100% Mastery: 4%]
((Sorry, forgot to increase it in my last post? it was like at 84% anyways.))
[Ice Clones in existence: 2/3]

#34 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:17 PM

As Teyld closed the ground between him and his newest threat he prepared for a tactic that was a little less than conventional. Instead of just engaging this fiend in combat he would lift the thing off its feet and continue running. Until he slammed the thing half a foot through the wall of the pit. Another icy dagger hit him but this time didn't break the skin.

The dagger shattered.

With muscles tensed from anger Teyld's skin was like a knot in an ironwood tree.

As his foe came in to take a slash across Teyld's chest, Teyld matching hand with reaction time halved had no problem catching the foe's wrist while at the same time Teyld's other hand lashed out to grab the thing by the neck and hoist it off it's feet.

Then the knives hit his back. Now, they felt like being hit with rocks from a slingshot and had probably caused internal bleeding but no cuts visiblily showed. "How many times do you have to die?" Teyld screamed as he continued with his foe in hand.

[Runic magick: 2x movement speed 1 self rounds remaining]

((Let me know if some of that is close to auto-hitting, it kinda seems like it))
Ummm...Yay?

#35 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:55 PM

((No, it?s actually balanced. You see, currently you are fighting a greater number of foes; so to be equal you should be allowed a few hits that would be considered unfair. This is because its runs on the principal that NPC?s, ((the clones)) are never quite as good as a hero character. However, there are something?s you should know, you can?t just kill a clone flat out, you can grapple it, like you did, but you can?t be like ?I stab you, your clone dies?. Unless of course, I already specified it is dead. Thus this fight has been kosher.))

Hakishi took note of the way the clones knives shattered on the skin. He would make sure that any other created projectile weapon would have at least the consistency of tempered steel. He turned his attention now to the grappled clone.

?You?ll never kill me,? the clone whispered, ?Not before I kill you first?. The clone, now grappled by its throat and hand, still had a single hand free. Rather then trying to make another stab attempt the clone raised its hand to its chest and made another hand sign.

At the same time Hakishi, while chanting and maintaining the clones, also mimicked the hand sign, stopped chatting for a second, and whispered,

?Shadow elemental destruction?.

Focusing for the first time in this fight a large quantity of fire aura and some earth aura, Hakishi sent down the line of shadow aura that maintained the being the new auras. This nasty little trick a summoner whose name he had long forgotten pulled on him. It wasn?t his primary plan, but it would be a nice surprise for his foe to deal with. It would in essence turn the being controlled in this manner into a explosive cavity, then filling it with fire aura it would immediately explode into a torrent of fire.

Hakishi began the reaction, sending the auras down the line of control. It happened in an instant, the clone that had just finished making the hand sign began to glow with a red light, a split second later it would detonate. If it hit or not, that was irrelevant, but it would scare his foe enough to recognize not to grapple him, because he would never be sure if it was a clone or the real deal.

Either way, it would be good to watch him blow up.

Hakishi took note of the puddles in the arena as well, they were getting close to the required deepness, and he guessed he would only need another five to ten seconds. Also, the fruition of the shadow and light auras were getting close to the required amounts. The next round He instructed the final clone to return, and place itself between himself and the enemy. He decided to keep it out of the way till the explosion ended.

#36 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:32 PM

Teyld didn't hear the clone's whisper. But as he continued running he noticed it glowing red. Now not much can frighten a man of Teyld's size but a glowing red ice thing was one of those few things. He released his hold on it's neck and arm to deliver an open palmed strike to it's chest and send it flying away. It hadn't even made it three feet away when it exploded. The ensuing explosion knocked Teyld clean off his feet and sent him a good dozen feet to land flat on his back.

The searing flesh on his body told him he was definitely alive. Or in hell. But seeing that impenetrable mist confirmed his liveliness. From the sharp pain coming from his mid-section he could tell he had a few broken ribs. But he wasn't dead so that was a plus. He pushed himself off of the ground and saw that it was scorched and suddenly bone dry in a four foot radius from where the thing exploded.

But with more pressing issues at hand he blindly stumbled through the mist in the opposite direction he was heading to find the other ice thing that had thrown those kunai at his back.

He had no idea what was coming

[Runic magick:Ended]

((It has been 7 rounds of fog, just a reminder))
Ummm...Yay?

#37 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:01 PM

"How astute, but surely even YOU can feel the chakra coming to a head, this is a battle of attrition." Montresor takes a look out at the field " and i think things are going to erupt. its gonna take a severe shock to shut down the brute, his next move isn't likely going to be enough."
Posted Image

#38 Megell

Megell

Fondusian To The Max

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:48 AM

((Thanks, this fight won?t last another eight rounds however. Unless you pull something totally unexpected out of thin air? (Contemplates the fun.) Anyways, if you did, he would just switch his style, and start all over.))

Hakishi watched with intent as the clone was thrown, and realized instantly that, like he had predicted, the clone bomb would not be fatal. A slight feeling of disappointment still struck his gut however. It was at this point, Hakishi realize that he would have to step things up a few more notches.

His mind raced, it was time for him to initialize his final two attacks. The first would be a simple one, like the others before hand. But the next, and perhaps final use of his Ice style would be devastating. The first thing he did was get the remaining clone to call out to his foe again, moving it to another spot in the arena that would be distracting about twelve feet in front of where he was now stumbling around, The clone spoke,

?Heart, liver, throat, larynx, spine, aorta, juglar; these are just a few of the spots I can target on you. And under the mist there would be little you could do to stop me. I would suggest that right now you surrender for your own good. If you don?t, I might have to stop going easy on you.?

Hakishi, in the mean time never took his attention of where the injured foe stumbled. It wouldn?t surprise him at all if the man lashed out against the remaining clone as a way of attempting to get a win in the final moments. If he didn?t however, the clone would take the opportunity to unload the remaining eight-kunai knives into his body. Hakishi smiled at the thought.

Hakishi in the mean time stood up, and began to do something he had already done in this fight once before. He began to focus another dash technique. This dash would take a lot more out of him then the prior, and would take a significantly longer time to recover. This technique also would be ten times faster. What he was planning on doing was running into his opponents range rapidly, slashing with a dagger at a key area, then running back away. The opponent, if lucky would manage to block maybe one or two of the strikes, but all in all, the technique would have several unblockable aspects. His foe would just have to decide on what areas of his body were most important to him.

Hakishi?s targets would be; the Achilles tendons in both the legs, the jugular vein, a long slash along the torso, the liver, and of course the forehead so the blood would trickle down into his eyes.

After Hakishi was done this, he would cancel the dash and return to his prior position. However, not before misdirected his foe to where his final point of return was. Also, it was completely impeditive that he took extra caution after he cancelled the dash, because of its higher level, it would leave him virtually paralysed for at least a short period of time, then highly exhausted.

Before he left though on his attack, he focused the shadow and light auras into the ground, positioning them so that they were under the puddles that were forming around the arena. He also sent his entire personal remaining ice aura as well. From this point on, unless he recollected ice aura from the surround area, water was no longer in his arsenal, barring of course the final attack.

[Dash, level 2 (Time seems to go at 1/100): 0/4 round left to reuse else more damage, speed reduced to 1/8th for 0/1 rounds after dash. Physical Effects: Very slight muscle tearing/exhaustion.]

[Technique mastery: Basics: 100% Mastery: 34%] ((keep forgetting to include this text.))

((Alright, a little note, if your character has a move that gives him rapid speed, he can dodge the dash, if not, he probably can?t. I?m just assuming that your character doesn?t, so if you do, feel free to punish him with the mistake.))

#39 Queztatlapoca

Queztatlapoca

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

As Teyld stumbled foward his foe called out to him again. Telling him to give up. Telling him where he could target him. So Teyld focused on the runic earth magicks. Teyld's skin is naturally tough but these magicks literally turn his skin to stone. As he focuses his skin starts to peel away leaving behind a man of solid stone. A downside is a huge decrease is speed, however the solidifying of his skin healed instantly any external wounds. His ribs were still broken but all those knife wounds had healed over.

As Teyld lumbered toward that mocking voice a figure rushed by and attempted to cut multiple places at once. Even without his speed reduced Teyld couldn't have stopped those strikes which would have killed him if he was an average man. But since he was now a living statue that didn't really matter. A shower of sparks flew off of Teyld's stoneskin. He then moved an arm on an intercept course to where he tought the blur would be headed. Even if his arm got there ahead of the streak it would probably just avoid it.

After that passed, Teyld started running full tilt (which was like a light jog) fowards and shouted "Are you still there, worm?" As each foot landed he left two inch dents in the hard packed dirt and the floor of the pit itself shook slightly.

Once again Teyld decide to leap foward. This time he might make it ten feet because of his added weight. But his landing should knock his opponent off his feet and keep him stunned long enough to crush underfoot.

[Runic Magick: Stoneskin, Moves 1/3 regular speed, Superficial healing, 0/3 rounds]

((He couldn't avoid it but he didn't really need to :P))
Ummm...Yay?

#40 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:03 PM

A look of deep shock struck Kobushi. The fight was heating up, and the energy levels were enormous. Even the weakening barbarian was exhibiting a massive display of energy - one which seemed to completely negate the burst that the clone user had just used.

Although all Kobushi could do was feel the energy levels among the combatants, this was one of the most interesting fights he had ever witnessed - and he couldn't even see it. With a smirk, he turned to the man sitting beside him.

"You're right, but surely you must also feel the auras surrounding the entire field. Can't you sense the large ice auras? Those definitely aren't more clones... However, I was wrong. I'll agree with you on one thing - this fight is far from over."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users