• This topic is locked This topic is locked
289 replies to this topic

#61 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Ninja, anime and pie, in that order.<br><br>ask casey for more.

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:51 AM

" ahh, how I love close combat!" Montresor yelled as he closed in on his now defensive enemy, manuvers circled through his mind as he decided on what to do, 'he wants my trident, so i'll give it to him.' Montresor threw his weighted net straight at his enemy in a spiderwep fashion hoping to trap him under its enveloping folds, he then grabbed his 1st dagger with his now free right hand and taking the trident in a two handed stab form strafed quickly to the left for a thrust at his target's side, gauntleted right arm leading.
Posted Image

#62 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:17 PM

Unable to shift his position while he was still in midair, he had no choice but to use the extra length granted by his foot to deflect the net - It seemed a bit wider than he originally thought it was. Kicking away the weight with his right leg, he landed to face the incoming trident thrust. Knowing he had no hope of avoiding the thrust if he came to a solid landing, he used his momentum to carry him to the ground. The trident narrowly missed him, but now he seemed to be at even more of a disadvantage - he was on the ground.

He was still in a bit of a roll though, and he would use that to his advantage by aiming a leg sweep at his opponent. If it hit, he had two choices - subdue his opponent with Ju Jitsu attacks or run after his weapon of choice. Judging by the dagger his opponent held, Ju Jitsu would probably not be a great choice.

#63 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

suprised and confused that his net did not grab his enemy's foot Montresor brought the butt of his trident up, hard aiming at his opponents exposed chin, and dropping down on his right knee, to catch the foot aimed to trip him and readied his dagger.
Posted Image

#64 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:07 PM

He was hit. Hard. He had initially avoided the trident's stab, but could to nothing to guard against the uppercut strike. Worse still, his leg sweep was guarded. He hadn't predicted this - He had made an error when judging his opponent's speed.

But his opponent had made an error as well. Although the dagger was readied for a second attempt to impale him, one that the trident had already failed, he was still grasping the trident. With only one hand to hold it, surely Kobushi could disarm him, maybe even bring him to the ground.

The uppercut had blown him back, and he decided that he should once again use the momentum to his advantage. He grasped a part of the trident with his right hand and then struck it full force at the butt with his left, guiding the leftward spin with both the strike and by pulling in with his right arm. This would hopefully spin the trident out of his grasp or, preferably, knock his opponent to the ground.

((Is that a bit too close to an auto-hit?))

#65 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

His opponent was desperate and Montresor could see it. The butt struck his opponents chin with enough force to knock him out, but again this wiry spellshaper withstood the blow. also, his opponent had given yet another beautiful opportunity, Montresor stuck the trident's head into the sand and using it as a lever sprang up to deal a two booted kick to his opponent's neck and chest thinking 'if I had hit him hard enough with my butt he should have trouble avoiding this'
Posted Image

#66 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:46 PM

((Okay, I get it. My bad.))

'Damn!' Kobushi bellowed in his head the moment the tip found its hold in the sand. While it was true that he was already being tossed back by the force of the previous strike, there was no hope of the next attack missing - The only option was to knock out the attacker's support. First pulling his arms back to lessen the force of the possible hit, he flung the foot already used for the attempted leg sweepback towards the trident tip, blowing it out of its baring in the loose sand. His lever gone, all that was left to carry the assailant was his momentum.

The hit was already weakened, and would be weakened even further when meeting his cross-armed block. Without anything to hold him up, his opponent would most likely fall. It was still too dangerous for any ground combat or grappling though, as the man still had the knife. He'd have to hope he could get up and run to the edge of the ring before his opponent.

#67 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:52 PM

With his lever gone and the kick blocked Montresor had nowhere to go but down.

Bringing the trident down laterally underneath him with the point facing to his right Montresor landed on his knuckles, in a push up position, then released the trident and spun on his hands to bring his left knee into the small of his opponents back with enough force to shatter vertabrae.

((alright babe, hit me with your best shot))
Posted Image

#68 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:13 PM

((Nice shot! Didn't expect that.))

He couldn't avoid it - it was impossible. Like most of the other moves his opponent had made, it seemed that his only option was to minimize the damage taken in any way possible. And so he kicked up with the only part of his body touching the ground.

His left leg shot out, pushing him up and back into the blow before it's maximum speed was reached. Also, due to the added hight and angle, the knee would strike his tail bone. Damage would be taken, surely - but it would do little more than badly bruise Kobushi's tail bone and guide him into a somersault. He'd have no choice to retreat from this encounter and get his hands on the steel claws on the nearby wall of the arena. After all, the Hisakada style often implored the use of claws crafted from lunar energy. This way, he could maximize his fighting potential without the use of the energy within him.

The hit came. And it hurt. Bad. Badly enough for Kobushi to be unaware if it was just a hard hit or if it had actually fractured the bone. Either way, after he finished the somersault and landed in an upright position to dash, he felt a sharp pain shoot throughtout his entire body.

'I have to ignore it for now, though - I can't lose!! I WON'T!!!' This thought was all the motivation Kobushi needed to push himself towards the steel claws on the wall.

#69 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:48 PM

"beautiful! very Nice!" Montresor murmured to his fleeing opponent, 'but the gods favor ME above all!' Before his opponent had gotten too far Montresor was on his feet, and and noiselessly thrust his trident into ((or at, but it IS pretty much unavoidable)) his opponents unprotected back.
Posted Image

#70 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:58 PM

Speed. That was Kobushi's strongest point, in any situation. It was enough to let him escape from the clutches of his fathers' lunar powers, enough to let him escape from the village that was always guarded against entry and exit without permission, and it was enough to guide him to victory in many of his battles.

But it was only barely enough to keep from getting impaled by the trident. It pierced his skin, narrowly missing his spine. Kobushi's movement was enough to keep it from actually piercing through him, though only barely - it probably entered his body at an equal depth of the kunai that had hit the barbarian before him. Not a powerful stopping force, but enough for a significantly less tank-like fighter.

The searing pain was enough to bring the young man to a stop though. Checkmate? No. This was far from over. He wouldn't let his undefeated record be even so much as blemished by this old fool! He would NOT lose!! He would die before he stopped fighting this man!!!

Summoning the rage within him, he put all of the anger and frustration into hthis move. Spinning at lightning speed, he grasped the trident with his right hand. Pulling it towards him and simulatneously pushing himself towards his opponent with all the strength his legs had to offer, he planned to strike his foe with the death strike of Ninjitsu - A heavy thrust to the approximate area where the heard rests in the chest.

Even if he missed his true target, which was likely in the blind rage he was in, the chest thrust would be more than sufficient in temporarily stunning his enemy. He'd follow by thrusting the but of the spear into his stomach, and then a blow to the face to put his foe to the ground.

#71 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:59 PM

'he seems a little upset, this is excellent!' Montresor guessed that his enemy was tired of running, his hypothesis was proved correct when his opponent used the trident to pull himself Towards Montresor, his left hand raised in a death blow.

Feigning fear Montresor fell backwards, sliding his hand up the shaft of the trident and simultaniously delivered a thunderous kick to his oncoming targets groin, a blow that took advantage of Montresor's rippled muscles, his enemies forward momentum and the leverage created by his strong downward pull on the trident to offset his opponent's balance

Posted Image

#72 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:43 PM

Pain could hardly describe what he felt at that moment. 'What a low blow...!' Kobushi thought, unable to put the words into his mouth. He did all he could bring himself to do - Clutch. The downward pull on the trident forced him to the right, almost pulling him to the ground. He was able to maintain his balance and clutch his hand tightly around the leg of his opponent.

Dazed, he did all he could to maintain balance and attemtp to crush the shin of his opponent - Something that probably wouldn't happen, but there as no doubt that his tight grip caused at least some pain to the grounded elder's calf. He summoned the last bit of movement left in this recovery status to position himself so that he stomped down on the hand that still held the knife. Still holding the trident and stretching the old man's leg so that his foot was beside Kobushi's head, he was making sure that no one would be attacking before he regained movement.

#73 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:03 AM

Casey was fully engrossed in this battle, but he could see the end in utter clarity. It was over.
With a wry grin he stood from the Emperor's seat and thrust out his arm.
Thumb pointing up. A fatal call.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

#74 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:07 AM

the tight grip on his leg was an irritant, no more and his gauntlet saved the foot from crushing his hand, Montresor found himself dangling by his right foot, right hand pinned to the ground by a shaky foe, 'excellent' Montresor thought upon seeing the signal from the emperor, early but unmistakable. Death.

Hiding his movements with a left footed heelkick to face of his shaken opponent's head Montresor released the trident and grabbed his second beltknife in his left hand and stabbed at the hidden artery in his captor's groin. 'nowhere to hide now'

Posted Image

#75 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:20 AM

As soon as he felt the release of the trident, he acted as quickly as one in his state possibly could. Dazed even more by the kick, there was no way to avoid the stab; of that he was clearly aware. He'd have to take it, but give his opponent and equally devastating hit. As the knife impaled Kobushi, he used all of his remaining strength to bring the trident crashing down against his pinned opponent's skull, with enough force to kill.

'Stalemate.' That thought was all that raced through his mind. He had, after all, foreseen that his opponent might release the trident and attack. He had set himself up in a way that, even if his opponent got a deadly attack in, he would not, technically speaking, lose this match.

#76 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:28 AM

(( I think I'll just Ignore the auto hit)) 'my own trident, how typical' As soon as he felt the knife catch on his opponents hip Montresor pulled his legs in and pushed the knife up to up-end his opponent, pushing the enemy foreward onto his stomach on top of Montresor causing his right shoulder to become separated He could clearly here the death rattles coming from his recent victims throat through the pain.

(( I believe this is over?))
Posted Image

#77 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:41 AM

((Well, it wasn't really an auto-hit if you look at it. It was fully unavoidable; Your character was pinned, and there was no way to really dodge it, even if you did move your head. If I were to make it a non-auto hit, I'd have aimed it in a diagonal manner towards the temple, so even if you moved your head, by human anatomy, it would have struck the back part of it. In the end, the head trauma would have the same effect.

Yeah, I'd have to say it is. So this would be classified a draw, right?))

Falling face first to the ground, he could feel the magic of the arena just barely sustaining his life. He had not been able to maintain a blemish-free record... Filled with disappointment, he found it more painful that he had lost than the heavy damage he had just taken...

#78 Mizukage

Mizukage

Fondusian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:51 AM

(( Cool, it just sounded funny, no problem)) Hearing the roar of the fake crowd Montresor heaved the "corpse off of his back, walked unsteadily to his trident and raised it in a tribute to the crowds a magnificent roar went up as the arena faded back to its original form.

With pain shooting through his shoulder and chest Montresor grabbed his fallen net, "still in one piece, good" then returned to the "body" which he rolled onto its backside, so to remove the dagger from its groin, and pick up his fallen one, cleaning them on the "corpse's" pant leg.

He then pulled out a small notebook from his belt. Montresor then took his opponents thumb and dipped it in the blood "may I?" and placed it firmly against the empty page he had turned to. Thus cataloged Montresor stood up, bowed to the stranger in the seats and walked to the infirmary singing an old Terran song send in the clowns looking for a fix and maybe a well earned massage. ' I love my job'

Posted Image

#79 Rytiko

Rytiko

Fondusian

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:05 AM

((lol, I take it you're not gonna go for the draw... Well, since I'm tired and just don't feel like arguing, whatever.))

It couldn't have been long after that Kobushi awoke in the infirmary. He could only vaguely remember the match, most clear were his attempt to finish his opponent with his own trident and his "death" ... With the level of pain he was feeling at the time, he couldn't remember if it had been sufficient enough of an attack to kill his opponent or not, but judging from the fact that he wasn't currently in the infirmary, Kobushi could only assume that his opponents injuries were significantly less - simply put, he had lost. Cursing himself for making so many foolish mistakes, he rose from the bed and trudged away, an aura of failure surrounding him...

#80 Caseyweederman

Caseyweederman

Moderator/Corridors of Time Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:27 AM

((Wow. The real contest was over who could be more of a sore loser. You both dished out plenty of autohits, and both refused to die. Kudos to Rytiko for eventually gracefully accepting the loss.
I think you both expected to win after only one or two posts. To tell the truth, a dramatic death is many times greater than a sore loss. Or are we still so stuck on winning?
This is the wrong place for it but I'd suggest a points system based on literacy. This would encourage players to focus less on winning and more on making a glorious battle. If both players battle excellently to an astounding finish, and hey, even collaborate outside of battle, they both get showered in points.
I apologize as this isn't the place for such ponderings, but it seemed to be a natural break.))

Casey blinked, sat back, ate another cracker. And waited for the next challengers.

sum day ill eat ur cat ricko...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users